Ethernet problem!

Hi!

So I just started having this problem when I put my computer on today: My computer doesnt recognize my ethernet connection at all. My computer just says that there is no ethernet cable plugged. Ethernet cable is plugged in and the same cable with the same router is working fine on other computers. I havent installed anything between ethernet working and not working. My motherboard has wireless option and it's working fine. So why would this be and how do I fix it? I have windows 10 and my motherboard is Asus Deluxe Z170. 

check the physical connector on the mainboard and make sure you don't have any crossed pins.  If the board is recognizing the adapter, trash the driver and re-install.  Grab another cable and see if it presents the same problem.

First, try to reset CMOS, then uninstall all drivers from device manager and Realtek software.

Have you tried to install the drivers? Did you try a different cable? 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

I would first try another cable with the PC. It is possible to have a weird issue with a certain connector having issues with a certain port. I've had it before where a cable suddenly stopped working with one device but worked fine with others. 

Try uninstalling the LAN drivers and then installing the latest ones from the manufacturer's website. If the ones from Asus don't work, try downloading the ones directly from the NIC's manufacturer (Intel in your case, I think). 

Just to make sure, you have no connection at all? Not just a matter of not having internet connection? 

Thank you all for very quick answers!

I yet do not know what went on but the connection is working now! I switched cables and re-installed my LAN drivers, then restarted computer and it seems to be working now.

Thanks again you all.

And yet to be clear, I did not have any connection at all via my ethernet cable, my internet connection was fine. It was just that the computer wasnt responding to the ethernet cable plugged in.