Super Interested in Rigid Tubing

Khanzi

Want to watercool in a little bit, but I only really like the way rigid tubing looks, have a couple questions:

I know how to bend the tube, but how is it measured out?

Where should I buy parts?

How easy is it to swap out components in a rigid tube system compared to flexible tube?

Pro's and Con's?

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.0Ghz GPU: EVGA 660 SC - Awaiting Gigabyte 770 HOF MOBO: Asus p8z77-V Pro PSU: Corsair CX600 - Awaiting Corsair RM850 Storage: 750GB Seagate SSHD + 500GB HDD - Awaiting 250GB Samsung 840 EVO RAM:  16GB ( 4x4GB ) Crucial BallistiX Sports - Awaiting Crucial BallistiX Tracer 16GB Kit Case: NZXT Phantom - Awaiting Undecided Upgrade CPU Cooler: NZXT Havik 140

I guess you will just have to buy normal tubing and hope you have enough when you straighten it.

depends where you are from.

How easy is it to swap out components in a rigid tube system compared to flexible tube?

not hard at all.

Pro's and Con's?

the only con i can see is that you are messing up the flow of coolant from a nice curved smooth loop to one with sharp edges.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

pro's

-hardware p0rn

con's

-expensive

-swapping out parts takes abit more time (swapping out takes time everyway but it takes longer)

-harder to rout the tubing (get it HARDER, damn kill me now)

that's about it i think

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Pro's and Con's?

the only con i can see is that you are messing up the flow of coolant from a nice curved smooth loop to one with sharp edges.

its also alot more expensive

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

I guess you will just have to buy normal tubing and hope you have enough when you straighten it.

depends where you are from.

not hard at all.

Pro's and Con's?

The flow issue only arises at  tight or 'knuckle' 90's,the radial curve of bent acrylic has no flow impact.

This will help.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60684-hardline-workshop/

The fittings are normally very cheap,the only real expense is the heat gun.

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

Pro's and Con's?

Ek has a bending kit you can use that wont effect flow 

A massive pro is the rigid tubing doesn't plastise the way regular tubing does