Silent Workstation & Recording PC Planning

So I really love streaming, it's an amazing way to meet some cool people and share what you love. Only problem is I don't really have the optimum setup for it. My current PC is great but just a taddd... jet engine like. It's served me well, however I always groan at the loud noise when i'm recording, embarrassed of the poor audio quality, though it's all I have. I am also getting more and more into 3d game development and my 980ti is fine for this as right now I haven't delved too far into the world of vr creation or anything of that sort. Anyways, what I want is a silent workstation PC built from my current rig. Here is the basics of what I have now: A i76700k on a 280mm liquid cooler, and a EVGA 980ti Hybrid. It's pretty noisy. So I want to make it quieter while not completely breaking the budget, at least not right now. Heres my current plan:

- Swap the case for a Fractal Define S with no window side panel.

- Swap the cooler for a Noctua NH-D15

- (In the future switch to a workstation wx7100 card and a ryzen 1700-1800x)

My main concerns is how to set the system up for optimum cooling while being silent as possible. I'm looking for help from any fellow workstation users or fractal s owners. My original Idea (and i'll try to illustrate this as best as possible), is to have the nh-d15 facing downwards with both fans going vertically, then having the exhaust in the back pulling air. I don't know if this is really a good setup but I heard from another forum it worked well. Problem is I own some very tall ram, 32gb of it, which I would prefer not to just throw away. It's Corsair Dominator Platinum. I heard even with the heatsinks removed they are still rather large. Any help with that? Would mounting the cooler vertically leave any room? The other thing is my 980ti hybrid, should I mount it's cooler in front? I don't know if there would be much room with it in the back exhaust for the cooler. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

- Yes

- Swap for BQ Dark Rock Pro 3 instead

- Yes

4 minutes ago, RangerLunis said:

(In the future switch to a workstation wx7100

WHy?

For that price get a 1080ti, there slow for the price(and loud)

27 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

- Yes

- Swap for BQ Dark Rock Pro 3 instead

- Yes

The dark rock pro 3 is a great idea, but is it able to mount with am4? I tried googling it to find out but couldnt find any info. It means id also have to buy new ram too since theres no way my dominator platinums are going to fit. Could I even maybe go fanless if i'm not going to overclock? Linus did it in one of his ultimate silent pc videos. 

26 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

WHy?

For that price get a 1080ti, there slow for the price(and loud)

Good point, i guess i got caught up in the idea of a workstation card. It might be awhile before I get the cash for a new card, so i might just wait for the next architecture volta. Are there any manufacturers more known for silent graphics cards? Like do you know any use more silent fans than others? 

8 minutes ago, RangerLunis said:

Good point, i guess i got caught up in the idea of a workstation card. It might be awhile before I get the cash for a new card, so i might just wait for the next architecture volta. Are there any manufacturers more known for silent graphics cards? Like do you know any use more silent fans than others? 

Asus Strix.