what case would you pick?

wdodge0912

so I'm looking at cases for my upgrade as my current case sucks. found a few I like and can't decide between them. I want good RGB fans in the case as well, so that might require buying more fans as well(I do have a corsair H60 cooler that I want to put an RGB fan on as well). I'd like to stay as inexpensive as I can, but I do want a good flowing case as well (as cheap as I can has bit me with the current case I have now, the front fans don't move hardly any air and are on max speed pretty much all the time as they have no really big opening to pull air in)

The cases are

• BitFenix Neos (this case is the cheapest, but would let me pick up a 3 pack of sp120 RGB's and replace the one fan on my h60 cooler with an RGB fan
  • Silverstone SST-RL05BB-W (comes with 2 red fans, not rgb, but I could get a red fan for my cooler so it could match, and later go RGB)
  • Thermaltake Commander G42 (looks like it only has 2 fans, one being blue, but I would definitely have more airflow if I was to buy 4 rgb fans, 2 for the front 1 for the bottom and one on the radiator)
  • Corsair Graphite Series 230T (same as the Silverstone, but it comes with corsair fans and has the option for a bottom intake fan, this is my least favorite looking one)
  • VIVO Titan (looks big and nice, not sure on the fans though.)
  • Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass (really like the looks of this, not sure if it comes with lighted fans though, might have to replace for RGB fans)
  • Corsair Vengeance C70 (my favorite case of the bunch, but all them fans though if I wanted to fill it with fans, would cost the most, but would be my favorite. the green would be even better, but then I'd have to stealth or paint my disc drive or get an external, also no lighted fans)

If I had to pick one right now it is between the BitFenix, Thermaltake, or the C70. I would love the c70 but it's a tad expensive with all the fans I'd want in it.

but what is everyone's thoughts?

1 minute ago, wdodge0912 said:

so I'm looking at cases for my upgrade as my current case sucks. found a few I like and can't decide between them. I want good RGB fans in the case as well, so that might require buying more fans as well(I do have a corsair H60 cooler that I want to put an RGB fan on as well). I'd like to stay as inexpensive as I can, but I do want a good flowing case as well (as cheap as I can has bit me with the current case I have now, the front fans don't move hardly any air and are on max speed pretty much all the time as they have no really big opening to pull air in)

The cases are

• BitFenix Neos (this case is the cheapest, but would let me pick up a 3 pack of sp120 RGB's and replace the one fan on my h60 cooler with an RGB fan
  • Silverstone SST-RL05BB-W (comes with 2 red fans, not rgb, but I could get a red fan for my cooler so it could match, and later go RGB)
  • Thermaltake Commander G42 (looks like it only has 2 fans, one being blue, but I would definitely have more airflow if I was to buy 4 rgb fans, 2 for the front 1 for the bottom and one on the radiator)
  • Corsair Graphite Series 230T (same as the Silverstone, but it comes with corsair fans and has the option for a bottom intake fan, this is my least favorite looking one)
  • VIVO Titan (looks big and nice, not sure on the fans though.)
  • Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass (really like the looks of this, not sure if it comes with lighted fans though, might have to replace for RGB fans)
  • Corsair Vengeance C70 (my favorite case of the bunch, but all them fans though if I wanted to fill it with fans, would cost the most, but would be my favorite. the green would be even better, but then I'd have to stealth or paint my disc drive or get an external, also no lighted fans)

If I had to pick one right now it is between the BitFenix, Thermaltake, or the C70. I would love the c70 but it's a tad expensive with all the fans I'd want in it.

but what is everyone's thoughts?

i have a bitfenix neos and it blows massive! USB ports dont work, bent the sidepanel when building it, the cable management sucks!

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

Fractal R5, Challenger U3, or Enthoo Pro.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 hour ago, nobiggieBIG said:

i have a bitfenix neos and it blows massive! USB ports dont work, bent the sidepanel when building it, the cable management sucks!

Well that's good to know. My cheap diypc case has no intake flow, but at least the usb ports worked :P

1 hour ago, doomsriker said:

None of the above. Antec 902 is the clear choice (912 for Eatx).

No thanks, I don't like that side panel, or the top of that case.

47 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Fractal R5, Challenger U3, or Enthoo Pro.

The pro m is something I was looking at, with the tempered glass on the side.

How are the fans in a phantek case?

1 hour ago, wdodge0912 said:

Well that's good to know. My cheap diypc case has no intake flow, but at least the usb ports worked :P

maybe look at the thermaltake core series?

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 my child. Case of the year. Whole case is modular. You can even make the motherboard be on the right side instead of the left. 420mm Rad on top, 420mm rad on front, and 280mm rad support on bottom. SO MUCH RADS!

15 hours ago, wdodge0912 said:

I'd like to stay as inexpensive as I can

4 hours ago, phongle123 said:

Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 

One of these is not like the other......

Also I agree the BitFenix blows, theres NO room behind the motherboard try for cables.

Corsair 400C

Phantkes P400 (comes with an RGB front strip so thats cool

Fractal design Define S as someone else mentioned

Thermaltake Supressor (New case, if oyou like The Define S but want tempered glass)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 hours ago, phongle123 said:

Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 my child. Case of the year. Whole case is modular. You can even make the motherboard be on the right side instead of the left. 420mm Rad on top, 420mm rad on front, and 280mm rad support on bottom. SO MUCH RADS!

its also £200

In the under $80 range, the Thermaltake G42 has the most to offer as far as size and hard drive mounts go, and has plenty of cooling potential.

Our case, the Titan, is easy to work in and offers plenty of space, and we also put in some nice features such as fan controllers and easily removable filters.  When tested by PC Perspective, its ability to cool graphics cards was on par with some of the more expensive full towers, so you won't have any problems with overheating!  And since this is one of our cases, it's of course the best option of the bunch. :D

Phanteks makes excellent cases, and their fans are some of the best you can get.  It would be my top choice after our own case.

I just bought an anidees AI Crystal Cube. RGB fans look nice behind it in reviews...it will be on my doorstep when I get home from work. It's a nice looking case in the midrange case price.

• 2 months later...