Switch vs 3DS

Axed321

Hey guys, 

Just wondering what people's thoughts are between the two consoles. 

Should I get the switch or 3DS. 

Cheers, 

11 minutes ago, Axed321 said:

Hey guys, 

Just wondering what people's thoughts are between the two consoles. 

Should I get the switch or 3DS. 

Cheers, 

3ds is almost irrelevant now, I would wait a few months to see what games come out on the switch

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

I own the 3ds and tried the Nintendo switch at pax east and I would say that you should go with the switch. This is by far the superior console and it will have access to more, higher quality games. My 3ds is basically a Pokemon playing machine lol. 

The 3ds is likely to be phased out by the Nintendo switch and in the long run development will likely stop for in the next year or two in spite of what Nintendo sais.  

However, is money is a problem or this is only for a little one than i would say the 3ds is a lot cheaper an has some cheaper games as well, expect to spend 400-500$ on the switch because of added controllers, chargers, CASES, and most importantly a SCREEN PROTECTOR. If you want the switch to last than you need those things.

It depends on you. What games do you like from the Switch that aren't on the 3DS? And what games are on the 3DS that aren't on the Switch?

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

7 minutes ago, Matt_98 said:

3ds is almost irrelevant now, I would wait a few months to see what games come out on the switch

There are still games coming out and even if there weren't, there is a pretty big library of 3DS and DS games (and so much digital games from other platforms too). Maybe it's not the new thing anymore, but definitely still a big library of games.

To OP: I would say either get the switch now if you want to play the couple of games now, or get it in a few months and try to get a good deal 3DS or 2DS (you can get new 2DS systems for 100 USD or second hand 3DS XL units for about the same)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The 3DS has a huge library of amazing games, the Switch has one amazing game. Easy pick lol. The Switch will get a few more games this year, but still, the 3DS is cheap and awesome. Though, I'd avoid the XL, the hinges are notorious for giving out.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

6 hours ago, 2Buck said:

The 3DS has a huge library of amazing games, the Switch has one amazing game. Easy pick lol. The Switch will get a few more games this year, but still, the 3DS is cheap and awesome. Though, I'd avoid the XL, the hinges are notorious for giving out.

I haven't heard of any issues on the XL honestly.  And I've been through an 3DS XL and currently on my N3DS XL.  The hinges are the least of my worries. 

with the new Switch Jailbreak who knows what options will be out there eventually but I am sticking to the 3DS for now. I actually am in the market right now but no one has the damn thing.

4 hours ago, Monte_Carlo said:

I haven't heard of any issues on the XL honestly.  And I've been through an 3DS XL and currently on my N3DS XL.  The hinges are the least of my worries. 

My brother and a cousin had the hinges fail. It's a pretty common problem. Nintendo also charges for it to be repaired, even though it's their problem.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer