Ryzen 5?

Anyone have any slight idea or concrete information on what the cost of the 6 core Ryzen 5 processors will be? I have a friend looking to build a computer and he's frequently streaming games like H1Z1 and leagues, so he's going to need the extra cores, but he doesn't have the kind of budget required for a 5820k or 6800k. Thanks

Could he get a R7 1700?

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

Just now, BingoFishy said:

Could he get a R7 1700?

A little out of budget. His budget is basically what he's getting when he sells his fx9590 and mobo ( i think mis 970a pro gaming) because its just a pain in the ass for him to run

Just now, pjsmith727 said:

A little out of budget. His budget is basically what he's getting when he sells his fx9590 and mobo ( i think mis 970a pro gaming) because its just a pain in the ass for him to run

It would be worth it to save a bit more and get the 1700

Just now, EmoChipmonk said:

It would be worth it to save a bit more and get the 1700

1700 is about 450 CAD and then he needs a mobo and new ddr4 ram, which is expensive as fuck for some reason

Just now, pjsmith727 said:

1700 is about 450 CAD and then he needs a mobo and new ddr4 ram, which is expensive as fuck for some reason

Flash chip shortage. SSDs got the same price jump

2 minutes ago, pjsmith727 said:

He is still going to need the new Mobo and Ram, however the R5 6 cores will probably run between $200 and $300 USD by themselves.  Not sure about how he is proposing to cool the CPU, but that could be another cost...

2 minutes ago, WMGroomAK said:

He is still going to need the new Mobo and Ram, however the R5 6 cores will probably run between $200 and $300 USD by themselves.  Not sure about how he is proposing to cool the CPU, but that could be another cost...

The R5 lineup should include a wraith cooler which will be adequate until he wants to upgrade down the track.

1 minute ago, WMGroomAK said:

he has a v8 gts cooler master cooler, so he's pretty ok on cooling. honestly, I'm cleaning up someone elses mess rn. my friend gave a buddy of his a 2000 CAD budget to build him a PC and this guy came back to him with the stupidest parts list i have ever seen in my entire life. and put an fx9590 on a 970 chipset which it promptly burnt out. Now he's trying to get the motherboard replaced, and came to me, asking for help. which is when i said, you should scrap the 9590 all together if you can

4 minutes ago, chris76816 said:

The R5 lineup should include a wraith cooler which will be adequate until he wants to upgrade down the track.

For running an R5 at stock (and maybe with minor overclocks), I agree, however, I've yet to see any formal independent reviews on how they perform on overclocking.  Also don't have any concrete info on the noise profile.

1 minute ago, pjsmith727 said:

he has a v8 gts cooler master cooler, so he's pretty ok on cooling. honestly, I'm cleaning up someone elses mess rn. my friend gave a buddy of his a 2000 CAD budget to build him a PC and this guy came back to him with the stupidest parts list i have ever seen in my entire life. and put an fx9590 on a 970 chipset which it promptly burnt out. Now he's trying to get the motherboard replaced, and came to me, asking for help. which is when i said, you should scrap the 9590 all together if you can

The V8 GTS should be good.  Just make sure he can get an AM4 mounting kit for it or find a new AM4 board that still supports the AM3 mounts.

18 minutes ago, pjsmith727 said:

I have a friend looking to build a computer and he's frequently streaming games like H1Z1 and leagues, so he's going to need the extra cores,

If he wants, he can get an E5-1650 for $100 on ebay and an X79 motherboard for $200...

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

For running an R5 at stock (and maybe with minor overclocks), I agree, however, I've yet to see any formal independent reviews on how they perform on overclocking. 

Have you seen R5 stock reviews??? xD

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

14 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

Flash chip shortage. SSDs got the same price jump

You mean how I sold my 850 evo for more than what I bought it for and how my 4x4GB DDR4 kit is worth double than what I bought it for? :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Have you seen R5 stock reviews??? xD

I wish!!!  Nah, I was thinking of reviews on the new Wraith Cooler...  Haven't seen anything on how it performs cooling wise on stock or overclocked Ryzen chips. Kind of funny since the R7 1700 comes with it.

I wish!!!  Nah, I was thinking of reviews on the new Wraith Cooler...  Haven't seen anything on how it performs cooling wise on stock or overclocked Ryzen chips. Kind of funny since the R7 1700 comes with it.

TBH, I am not sure that it will perform that well... The wraith spire cooler looks a lot like the old stock cooler. It doesn't have any heatpipes.

24 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

TBH, I am not sure that it will perform that well... The wraith spire cooler looks a lot like the old stock cooler. It doesn't have any heatpipes.

its supposedly able to handle 95W on a 65W TDP CPU and can OC to 4GHz

http://www.mobipicker.com/overclockers-pushed-amd-ryzen-7-1700-4-0-ghz-stock-air-cooler-benchmarks/

Iv only seen one person do this and waiting for others with this cpu to confirm it

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_