Is the 2016 Macbook pro with touch bar worth it?

I am considering replacing my laptop since it is very damaged, and I am considering getting a Macbook pro Core i5 512GB with touch bar. 

Is the Macbook Pro with touch bar worth it? I am only going to write documents and watch Youtube videos. Also, I will buy parallels to install Windows 10 if I get a Macbook, since some programs that I need to run won't run on a Mac.

DUE TO MANY REQUESTS I HAVE LEFT THIS FORUM FOREVER.

... Let me just tell you this... This is LinusTechTips forum. 99% of the answers will be NO when it involves the word "Apple". Lol.

Edit: On topic, NO.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

7 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

... Let me just tell you this... This is LinusTechTips forum. 99% of the answers will be NO when it involves the word "Apple". Lol.

Edit: On topic, NO.

own a i phone 7plus and a macbook pro 15 inch 750m model. i will say not worth it, only mac thats worth getting is 2015 15inch with m70x. new MacBook is a overpriced facebook machine. 

8 minutes ago, zMeul said:

why aren't you just buying a straight up Windows machine? it will also be cheaper

The MacOS has a more reliable user interface. Also, I love Apple.

Just now, NerdyCoder said:

The MacOS has a more reliable user interface. Also, I love Apple.

then why are you asking?!

9 minutes ago, zMeul said:

why aren't you just buying a straight up Windows machine? it will also be cheaper

arguable but the reason is build quality for most people. throw windows in and you have a solid machine.

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

then why are you asking?!

he is asking for validation.  

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

he is asking for validation.  

I can't validate that, I had to deal with the MacOS UI and I found it confusing

also, I don't love Apple

Just now, Aleksiandrovich said:

Options and or other suggestions that fit within the criteria that might save him money?

a Windows laptop xD

2 minutes ago, zMeul said:

I can't validate that, I had to deal with the MacOS UI and I found it confusing

also, I don't love Apple

he is just trying to show off, he knows that the new touch bar mac is a disappointment to the past MacBook pro and piss off tech enthusiasts. 

i am not really a big fan of apple, i have a 7 plus as a work phone 6p as my personal phone. windows is more capable than OSX that's a fact, OS looks are subjective. 

Just now, Aleksiandrovich said:

Within his criteria and or preference tho.

the 2015 one? if it's still available

Just now, zMeul said:

the 2015 one? if it's still available

yup, refurb units, usually sells fast. 

15 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

he is just trying to show off, he knows that the new touch bar mac is a disappointment to the past MacBook pro and piss off tech enthusiasts. 

i am not really a big fan of apple, i have a 7 plus as a work phone 6p as my personal phone. windows is more capable than OSX that's a fact, OS looks are subjective. 

Windows is not by definition more capable than osx, it depends on your use case, some programs only work on mac or work better on mac. (This use case would be things like programming with xcode, sketch, Adobe X D and the UNIX shell)

35 minutes ago, NerdyCoder said:

I am considering replacing my laptop since it is very damaged, and I am considering getting a Macbook pro Core i5 512GB with touch bar. 

Is the Macbook Pro with touch bar worth it? I am only going to write documents and watch Youtube videos. Also, I will buy parallels to install Windows 10 if I get a Macbook, since some programs that I need to run won't run on a Mac.

Is your mommy finally letting you spend money?  I thought you said she was going to kill your or something and making you use your Samsung laptop for seven years.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

58 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Is your mommy finally letting you spend money?  I thought you said she was going to kill your or something and making you use your Samsung laptop for seven years.

Well she said that I can buy a new laptop with my money next year.

Why do you need a Macbook Pro to watch videos & write documents ? I mean a chrome book would do the job xD Ok seriously I think you should go with an other model of the macbook because the touch bar is adding a lot on on the price you can get an older one and still have the mac performance :D

CPU - R9 5900X | GPU - ASUS KO RTX 3070 | Storage - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD, 8TB Seagate HDD , 4TB Seagate HDD | Ram - 64GB DDR4 | OS - Windows 10 Pro | Case - NZXT S340 black

1 hour ago, Benliam12 said:

Why do you need a Macbook Pro to watch videos & write documents ? I mean a chrome book would do the job xD Ok seriously I think you should go with an other model of the macbook because the touch bar is adding a lot on on the price you can get an older one and still have the mac performance :D

Is the Core M5 512GB Macbook good?

11 minutes ago, mikat said:

If you really really want macOS, then get the macbook air, it has a better cpu and is cheaper :)

core M processors are slow

Is hackintosh a good option too?

42 minutes ago, mikat said:

for a laptop? Not many people do it, because of the compatibility issues, either get a macbook air or a windows laptop if you're using it for office, webbrowsing and such things

Well my laptop has the same specs as the 2013 macbook pro.

Take the, very sound, advice of other people and buy an older macbook. Buying the new macbook pro just for "Writing document and watch Youtube videos" is a waste of money.

Macbook Pro's between 2009 and 2015 are still worth their money if you compare them to the new one and take into account what you plan to do with it. Personally I would opt for the Macbook Air if you really want OSX and only plan to "Write documents and watch Youtube videos". Or just buy a decent Windows laptop.. 

Your average Software Engineering student.

If you like Apple, then buy it. It's the best they have to offer. The Air is outdated and so is the regular Macbook. 

It's a sweet color and they're pretty sleek. I was thinking of one too but I'd probably go with a Razer Blade instead. 

EDIT: And if you already have some Apple products they'll mesh right in. The syncing is great.