Solidworks running slowly on Razer Blade

Hey guys,

So I am trying to run Solidworks on my 2016 Razer blade laptop and I am running into some strange performance issues. When I started a new part it takes several minutes for the screen to load the part view, then when it is finally loaded all of the tools are extremely sluggish, sometimes lagging by a full second. 

I have tried changing some of the 3D graphics settings through the Nvidia control panel to make sure SolidWorks is using the 970m. However, this still didn't work. Has anyone else had issues with this?

Just now, Theshroomfarmer said:

Hey guys,

So I am trying to run Solidworks on my 2016 Razer blade laptop and I am running into some strange performance issues. When I started a new part it takes several minutes for the screen to load the part view, then when it is finally loaded all of the tools are extremely sluggish, sometimes lagging by a full second. 

I have tried changing some of the 3D graphics settings through the Nvidia control panel to make sure SolidWorks is using the 970m. However, this still didn't work. Has anyone else had issues with this?

I think your version of Solidworks might be partially corrupted, I had a similar problem recently with a 2016 version where it would not allow me to move parts smoothly and crash at random times. Does that sounds like a similar situation? 

You should try reinstalling solidworks and possibly windows.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2017 at 5:58 PM, W-L said:

I think your version of Solidworks might be partially corrupted, I had a similar problem recently with a 2016 version where it would not allow me to move parts smoothly and crash at random times. Does that sounds like a similar situation? 

I haven't had any issues with Solidworks crashing, and even moving a simple part causes Solidworks to lag. I will try to reinstall and see if that does anything.