How can you make this look pretty?

Narkle

I have a Thermaltake Core P5 open air case. The case its pretty awesome but that aside, the left side where all the cables meet up and pop out for the psu mobo and gpu. does any one have any ideas how i can make this look any better? like a 3d printed shroud? Im all for DIY just need some help going about how to do this in the best possible way where it would look nice. (i did think about splicing the cables and sleeving them all but thats a last ditch effort)

But Here it is the great and mighty Narkle

20170223_200538.jpg

Velcro would be the best bet for a quick fix. You can find that on Amazon. 

The ideal solution is to cover it all up I think the DVI cable end looks like poo and the many cables velcro straps still leave the cables shown and the cable management shroud to the wall would be ok if it extended out to the cable ends too..  

4 minutes ago, v0nn_toaster said:

Invisible spray

yup consists of rainbow farts and unicorn blood

Hama has those cable covers that you can put all your cables in.  Might be worth looking into.  I use them myself to get power and ethernet to my desk without too much clutter and am pretty satisfied with them. 

00020602abb.jpg  00020602awd2.jpg00020602awd.jpg

3 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Hama has those cable covers that you can put all your cables in.  Might be worth looking into.  I use them myself and am pretty pleased with them.

00020602abb.jpg  00020602awd2.jpg00020602awd.jpg

I had thought about using one of these. But being me I wanted to try and cover the whole left side showing no cables at all i did for a while have them all zip tied together but was frustrating to keep cutting and replacing every time i wanted to move my pc to clean it or add a new piece of hardware to the back.

Have you thought about something that could clip on to the glass at the front? 

Piece of plastic that could clip onto it. It covers most of the cables then you send them straight down to hide them. 

7 minutes ago, e23 said:

Have you thought about something that could clip on to the glass at the front? 

Piece of plastic that could clip onto it. It covers most of the cables then you send them straight down to hide them. 

The front piece is acrylic (Im cheap) and would scratch pretty easy so i would like not to but! There is a ledge on the metal piece where the GPU sits upright

20170223_203817.jpg

Metal Wall Trim for Rubber Roofing | Rubber 4 Roofs

Could try something like this. This is metal obviously, but since that is metal I would go this route myself. I wouldn't screw it in those are just in the image. You could also do plastic as well. 

If you want to try this route. You could try going down to a local hardware store and seeing if they have something you could use and especially if they can cut it to exact specifications for the height. 

6 minutes ago, e23 said:

Metal Wall Trim for Rubber Roofing | Rubber 4 Roofs

Could try something like this. This is metal obviously, but since that is metal I would go this route myself. I wouldn't screw it in those are just in the image. You could also do plastic as well. 

If you want to try this route. You could try going down to a local hardware store and seeing if they have something you could use and especially if they can cut it to exact specifications for the height. 

think some high powered magnets to hold it on would be a good idea? ease of removal by just pulling it off

and that is a pretty good idea. ill head to my local Ace they got plenty of this kind of stuff laying around but if that fails wood?

18 hours ago, Narkle said:

I have a Thermaltake Core P5 open air case. The case its pretty awesome but that aside, the left side where all the cables meet up and pop out for the psu mobo and gpu. does any one have any ideas how i can make this look any better? like a 3d printed shroud? Im all for DIY just need some help going about how to do this in the best possible way where it would look nice. (i did think about splicing the cables and sleeving them all but thats a last ditch effort)

20170223_200538.jpg

They make cable sleeving for that express purpose, you can buy like 25 ft of  1" diameter sleeving for about $14 on amazon. It expands to about 3" in diameter for slipping cables through.

https://www.amazon.com/Techflex-CCP1-00BK25-1-Inch-Braided-Sleeve/dp/B004SQYTG8/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1487965592&sr=8-8&keywords=expandable+cable+sleeve

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.

On 2/24/2017 at 2:48 PM, UnbrokenMotion said:

They make cable sleeving for that express purpose, you can buy like 25 ft of  1" diameter sleeving for about $14 on amazon. It expands to about 3" in diameter for slipping cables through.

https://www.amazon.com/Techflex-CCP1-00BK25-1-Inch-Braided-Sleeve/dp/B004SQYTG8/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1487965592&sr=8-8&keywords=expandable+cable+sleeve

but that leaves the cables ends open still 

Here's what I would do,

The hole on the desk, I would get that behind the PC, then have top bundle of cables velcro'd on the back of the case, do each cable individually, so you get a good straight look on each one.  

Then basically do this for the rest of the cables, when it comes to the DVI I would buy a black one and a right angle connector to have it also go to the back of the case. 

Once you have them all on the back of the case then you have them all go down into the hole on the desk, should make it much cleaner without really much work.

P.S. very nice rig.

A6AFD74D-9DE0-4E1A-917C-157A6A1B317C-2922-000003E20591CF37_tmp.png

Cpu : AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (3.8Ghz), Motherboard : Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM : 8GB DDR4 2933 Team (Vulkan) memory, GPU : MSI GTX 980 4GB Case : Antec P50, Storage : 120GB Samsung SSD, 3TB WD Blue, PSU : 530w Thermaltake SPS-530MPC, Cooling : Artic freezer Pro 7, OS : Windows 10. 

On 24/02/2017 at 1:06 AM, Narkle said:

20170223_200538.jpg

zip ties, i recently discovered they are the best thing ever when i comes to cable management especially the little mini zip ties low profile and cable management is on point :P

20 hours ago, Jim-B said:

Here's what I would do,

The hole on the desk, I would get that behind the PC, then have top bundle of cables velcro'd on the back of the case, do each cable individually, so you get a good straight look on each one.  

Then basically do this for the rest of the cables, when it comes to the DVI I would buy a black one and a right angle connector to have it also go to the back of the case. 

Once you have them all on the back of the case then you have them all go down into the hole on the desk, should make it much cleaner without really much work.

P.S. very nice rig.

A6AFD74D-9DE0-4E1A-917C-157A6A1B317C-2922-000003E20591CF37_tmp.png

Thank you! AND! hiding the cables behind the system leaves the system in a place i dont want it to be it would get in the way of my dual monitor setup i would have to drill another hole into my desk to get this to work so driving the cables behind wouldnt work very well. the right angle dvi connector would add a better look and im game to use it but i would need another way to hide the cables x.x im going to try a way to get a shroud for the cables and hide them all with nothing showing at all thanks to a post above that gave me the idea as to how to go about how to shroud it (Thanks e23) and thank you for the less bulky idea for the shroud using the right angle dvi! 

16 hours ago, <Aleks> said:

zip ties, i recently discovered they are the best thing ever when i comes to cable management especially the little mini zip ties low profile and cable management is on point :P

they are great! Got a bunch from work xD But! hassle to cut and rezip every time i replace or add something x.x

6 hours ago, Narkle said:

they are great! Got a bunch from work xD But! hassle to cut and rezip every time i replace or add something x.x

Well when you walk into the room and see your beast without any shitty cables it pays off.

7 hours ago, Narkle said:

Thank you! AND! hiding the cables behind the system leaves the system in a place i dont want it to be it would get in the way of my dual monitor setup i would have to drill another hole into my desk to get this to work so driving the cables behind wouldnt work very well. the right angle dvi connector would add a better look and im game to use it but i would need another way to hide the cables x.x im going to try a way to get a shroud for the cables and hide them all with nothing showing at all thanks to a post above that gave me the idea as to how to go about how to shroud it (Thanks e23) and thank you for the less bulky idea for the shroud using the right angle dvi! 

I really dont know about a "shroud". I think its going to be difficult to make it look as good as the case does naturally. I honestly think your best bet would be to get the cables to wrap as tightly as you can behind it. As you said you dont want to cut another hole, you could tun them along the desk to the monitor, just make sure they are nicely wrapped together so they look neat and tidy.

Cpu : AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (3.8Ghz), Motherboard : Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM : 8GB DDR4 2933 Team (Vulkan) memory, GPU : MSI GTX 980 4GB Case : Antec P50, Storage : 120GB Samsung SSD, 3TB WD Blue, PSU : 530w Thermaltake SPS-530MPC, Cooling : Artic freezer Pro 7, OS : Windows 10. 

my solution would be 1+1/2 inch sleeving around the bulk of your cables and terminated via heat shrink or a black zip tie. (the kind of stuff they use on power supplies)

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress