Twitch Streamer Dies During 24 Hour Charity Stream

coztimo

Well, did he not spent the day smoking aswell? I heard he was an active smoker, which combined with this eye\brain straining activity could have caused a stroke.

Groomlake Authority

1 hour ago, bigneo said:

Black humour is like food - not everybody gets it.

so that makes it excusable, especially from a member of staff?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

7 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

so that makes it excusable, especially from a member of staff?

yes

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

On 2/22/2017 at 7:41 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

If that was true there'd be a story like this every day from somewhere in the world :P 

Pulmonary embolism IS actually pretty common in hospitals. As a respiratory therapist I see this every day. One of the most common causes of this is when a blood clot from the legs goes up to a lung artery causing stress and eventually death. This varies depending on how bad the situation is. 

People who sits all day have more chance of developing a blood clot in a leg. My aunt just recently survived one. While it can be treated, more than one death does happens every day in every country because of this. That common is. :)

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

4 hours ago, Accursed Entity said:

*snip*

Hm, I really need to start moving more or my joke from earlier is gonna come true xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 23/02/2017 at 8:13 PM, Mutoh said:

This isn't even the first case of somebody dropping dead from sleepless gaming sessions and I highly doubt the 20 year old kids in Korea and Taiwan that died from similar circumstances were high on meth.

There might be other health reasons as to why something like that could happen but blaming it on drugs is a bit irresponsible IMO. Also just cause you haven't experienced it yourself doesn't mean it isn't possible. 

Err what, I didn't blame anything on drugs. My comment was a direct response to another comment and if you read it in context that's obvious.

I also didn't say people haven't died while live streaming/gaming for long periods, I'm aware its happened before. What I actually said was most of the time its not because of lack of sleep and there's usually other circumstances involved.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Most weeks during school I get very little sleep and I'm up for about 20 hours. Now I'm scared.     ._.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

1 hour ago, Kamina said:

Most weeks during school I get very little sleep and I'm up for about 20 hours. Now I'm scared.     ._.

Why? No need to be. Sleep deprivation is not dangerous short-term but is not good for your health and overall well-being in the short term and even worse long term. It's not lethal what you're describing.

It's highly unlikely that this person died of sleep deprivation. It may have contributed but it seems more like it was an unhealthy lifestyle of sitting down for hours upon hours with no breaks and lots of smoking and drinking. The common theory is that this caused a clot to form and travel to his lungs causing death. That's one of the reasons they recommend you to get up once in a while either working at a desk all day or when you take long flights: to avoid clots forming in your legs.

While not deadly, I would recommend changing your lifestyle though. It isn't healthy to sacrifice sleep. I used to do it a lot in my teens with all-nighters and irregular sleeping patterns. It was a pointless thing to do in hindsight. Might as well have scheduled my time differently and I wouldn't have been so tired all the time. So bottom line: change your ways now - you're not gaining anything. In fact you might actually get less done because both the quality and quantity of your work will fall when you're not in good condition (sleep, eat, drink, exercise = healthy mind and body). Many of the countries where people work 12 hour shifts are less productive than those who work 8. They spend more hours doing less because their employees are overworked and therefore the extra hours have very little impact on their productivity (they might keep decent pace the first 4-6 hours but then they start to decline and the more hours you tack on the bigger the decline).

I'll end my rant here :-)

On 22/02/2017 at 11:27 PM, coztimo said:

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/22/twitch-streamer-dies-during-charity-marathon

Really sad stuff since this guy had a wife and three kids. As always, please remember to stay safe and take breaks while gaming!

Quite possible he died of a stroke. Smoking increases risk of stroke and tiredness etc increase BP. Quite likely to have had a thromboemolism.

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD