My ultrawide monitor has vertical black bars.

Go to solution Solved by G27Racer_188,
6 minutes ago, davidliu2117 said:

How and where do I install them?

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/115492

Here is the link to the driver for the 1060. Just click agree and download and when it finishes downloading install them and that should fix black bar problem.

I have an LG 25UM65 ultrawide monitor which is a 21:9 ratio monitor (I think). I have Windows 10 and I can't seem to get the screen to fill the whole monitor. There are two big black vertical bars on the left and right side of the screen. Any solutions?

2 minutes ago, davidliu2117 said:

I have an LG 25UM65 ultrawide monitor which is a 21:9 ratio monitor (I think). I have Windows 10 and I can't seem to get the screen to fill the whole monitor. There are two big black vertical bars on the left and right side of the screen. Any solutions?

what res is it running in when you check in the settings, two big black bars either side means its running in 16:9 

Can you give some more info on what hardware you're using? specifically the device you're connecting it to (and with what cable). Right click on your desktop > screen resolution and see if you can change the screen resolution to 2560x1080. Or go to the AMD/Intel/Nvidia control panel and see if you can change the resolution there.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The resolution it is running is 1920 x 1080 because that is the highest resolution it has

It's either the resolution you're using or you need to change the aspect ratio. Either could cause black bars.

My monitor is connected via HDMI cable to the computer I just built. And how can I get to the NVIDIA control panel? Sorry, this is the first time i've done this :P

What graphics card are you using? I can't imagine it wouldn't support 2560x1080 but it could be possible.

Did you update your graphics drivers completely?

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G.Skill 16gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Extreme Gaming PSU: EVGA 700B Storage: 480GB SP SSD and a 960GB Ultra II Sandisk. Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: Phanteks P400. 

1 minute ago, davidliu2117 said:

My monitor is connected via HDMI cable to the computer I just built. And how can I get to the NVIDIA control panel? Sorry, this is the first time i've done this :P

You can right click on the desktop to get to the Nvidia panel, in worst case scenario you will have to create a custom res. Also quote people with the little left arrow on the bottom of a post to get them to respond. Or mention them like @Windows7ge heyy

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

I just recently built my computer with brand new parts. It is an EVGA GeForce GTX 1060.

you need a better HDMI cable or better yet, a DP cable - depending on the video card you have

8 minutes ago, JR8 said:

What graphics card are you using? I can't imagine it wouldn't support 2560x1080 but it could be possible.

Did you update your graphics drivers completely?

I'm using EVGA GeForce gtx 1060. 

8 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

You can right click on the desktop to get to the Nvidia panel, in worst case scenario you will have to create a custom res. Also quote people with the little left arrow on the bottom of a post to get them to respond. Or mention them like @Windows7ge heyy

Hmm... I still can't seem to see the NVIDIA Control Panel.

10 minutes ago, davidliu2117 said:

Hmm... I still can't seem to see the NVIDIA Control Panel.

Did you install driver for the 1060?

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

3 minutes ago, G27Racer_188 said:

3 minutes ago, G27Racer_188 said:

Can I use a USB flash drive?

3 minutes ago, davidliu2117 said:

Which version of windows are you using?

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

6 minutes ago, davidliu2117 said:

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/115492

Here is the link to the driver for the 1060. Just click agree and download and when it finishes downloading install them and that should fix black bar problem.