Streaming PC Suggestions?

CruxYo

I was watching the video where a cheap pc for 150 was built using old server parts. I was wondering if someone could suggest something like this but just to be used to stream. If you have other alternatives or suggestions, they're useful too! :)

get a capture card and a 2-3 gen i5 or i7 that should do well 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

LGA 771 to LGA 775 mod or X58 are your best friends here if you dont want to get just a low end system in relativly new parts that support hardware encoding like mentioned by @Electronics Wizardy. both LGA 771 to LGA 775 mod and x58 will both requite quite a bit of power but the CPUs are cheap and LGA 775 boards with the good chipsets are still fairly cheap. LGA 771 to LGA 775 would probably give you the best bang for your buck though. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Chrome cast?

like stream gameplay 

2 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Chrome cast?

You misunderstood. They meant that they want to stream games to Twitch or something, not to stream content from a computer to a TV.

I was told to wait on amd's new cpu processors. I have a capture card already but I need to figure out how to use a mic for both streaming pc and gaming 

12 minutes ago, CruxYo said:

I was told to wait on amd's new cpu processors. I have a capture card already but I need to figure out how to use a mic for both streaming pc and gaming 

Most model of new ryzen starts at 100 dollars or so according to leakes. So yeah you can wait but don't expect much

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Most model of new ryzen starts at 100 dollars or so according to leakes. So yeah you can wait but don't expect much

I had an 8350 and it did wonders when streaming, its on sale right now but I still got told to wait.

I use 2x6 core xeon x5660s to stream and you can get both for about $100 in total on ebay. This gives me plenty of performance for streaming my games.