Water-cooling VS Air cooling

Bevis

This is the page where people who want to say which one is better than.

All posts need an answer

Theres hundreds, even thousands, of this kind of topic already available over multiple tech sites. Do we really need another?

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

5 minutes ago, Bevis said:

This is the page where people who want to say which one is better than.

Stock cooler master race ftw.

Obviously water is better in terms of performance but more expensive.

Every other factor...Depends on what you want.

Are you generally asking which performs best or which you should personally go for?

In which scenario?

What is your build?

Many questions abound.

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

18 minutes ago, xDanielxOossiex said:

There's actually a lot of truth to that video.  AIO can make you think that temps are fine.  Check back two hours later and shit has hit the fan.  xD

Large custom loops can definitely maintain low temps indefinitely.  

If by watercooling you mean CUSTOM LOOPS then they win hands down all day, every day in the performance and silence stakes... IF done correctly, and that's the most important thing. Done wrong, a custom loop can offer terrible performance. However, even when done right, custom loops are terrible value, they really are. For a full loop, you're talking nearly 5-6 times the cost of the best air cooler, yet your temps/noise levels will not be 5-6 times better, not remotely close! But no one does it for value... you do it because you want the best performance, silence, amazing aesthetics, and are prepared to pay for it.

But let's be clear about one thing above all else... an AIO is NOT watercooling... I wish people would stop lumping them in together, it's confusing to the layman and basically one big lie. Makes me cringe when I see people saying they've "watercooled their PC" and all they've done is slap an AIO on their CPU lol! An AIO is no better than air, and in some cases can be worse. I keep saying this, but people need to understand that they are being conned for the most part. The only reason to get an AIO is the aesthetic, OR if you have ridiculously high profile RAM and all the good air coolers won't fit.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

If he replies Im gonna be very surprised.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz