Help me choose PSU in Ukraine

ErazorUA

Hello! I live in Ukraine. We do not have much choice of PSU`s here, and out prices are a bit weird too. So this is a list of PSU`s I have found with prices in Ukraine.

• Super Flower Leadex II Platinum King 650W - 105 USD
  • Fractal Design Edison M 650W - 145 USD
  • be quiet! Straight Power 10 500W - 120 USD
  • Corsair RM550x 550W - 125 USD

I need a reliable and quiet PSU for my i7700K and Geforce 1060. No overclocking is planned. Which do you recommend?

Edited by ErazorUA
Shop gave me incorrect information on Super Flower PSU

2 minutes ago, ErazorUA said:

Hello! I live in Ukraine. We do not have much choice of PSU`s here, and out prices are a bit weird too. So this is a list of PSU`s I have found with prices in Ukraine.

• Super Flower Leadex II 80 Plus Platinum 650W - 105 USD

I need a reliable and quiet PSU for my i7700K and Geforce 1060. No overclocking is planned. Which do you recommend?

I really only know of the Corsair RMx series in that bunch, and I have heard good things about it and it is high on the PSU tier list, so go with that.

Since the super flower one is the cheapest, I'd say go for it. If I remember correctly one of the companies that makes pretty good PSUs (I think it was either seasonic or evga) has most of their high quality PSUs based off of super flower designs, so I think it's pretty reliable.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

7 minutes ago, ErazorUA said:

Out of those, I go with the Super Flower Leadex II. Although, you can easily power your system with a quality 400w

For that price, easily the Super Flower Leadex II Platinum. Why is it that cheap compared to the beQuiet!, Fractal Design and Corsair units, I'll never understand.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Corsair or super flower they are both teir one power supplys

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

11 minutes ago, Firecheetah13 said:

I really only know of the Corsair RMx series in that bunch, and I have heard good things about it and it is high on the PSU tier list, so go with that.

I tried to choose PSUs only from tier 1 and 2, so I filtered out some crap…

7 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Why is it that cheap compared to the beQuiet!, Fractal Design and Corsair units, I'll never understand.

Prices in Ukraine are a bit strange as I said :)

So most of you recommend Super Flower Leadex II. But is it quiet compared to others? I did not find any reviews for it yet.

Leadex is super nice as a PSU, it's made by Super Flower which are an OEM for EVGA's high end G, T and P series units. 

idk

27 minutes ago, ErazorUA said:

Fractal Design Edison M 650W - 145 USD

•  

There isn't any question about it:

Super Flower Leadex II 550/650W - because it's by far the cheapest.

And it's also quite good electrically. Noise wise others may be better but it's more than OK. So due to price: get the Leadex!

BUT:
For your system, you might want to take a look at the 400W Straight Power 10.

Or Bitfenix Whisper M (450, max. 550W)...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

22 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

For your system, you might want to take a look at the 400W Straight Power 10.

Or Bitfenix Whisper M (450, max. 550W)...

Bitfenix is unavailable in Ukraine :( 

400W Straight Power 10 costs 103 USD (almost the same as Super Flower)

Yes, makes no real sense, so the Super FLower is the best pick for you, because of price...

PS: Have you taken a look at German shops? Like Caseking.de?

1 minute ago, Stefan Payne said:

PS: Have you taken a look at German shops? Like Caseking.de?

No, I looked only in Ukraine. A might look worldwide, but not everyone ships to Ukraine unfortunately. 

7 hours ago, ErazorUA said:

Those are all good but I'd get the Leadex or RMx.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Why pay 20€ more for 100W less @ RMx??

Doesn't make any sense...

OK, the Leadex II are dual labeled, so it's 650W @ 230VAC; but only 550W on 115VAC...

12 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Why pay 20€ more for 100W less @ RMx??

Doesn't make any sense...

OK, the Leadex II are dual labeled, so it's 650W @ 230VAC; but only 550W on 115VAC...

I guess Corsair's support? SF, since they're an OEM, are probably assumed to have very mediocre support. 

idk

Well, unfortunately our local retailer messed up the PSU`s list and today I found out that Super Flower PSU is actually a Platinum King and not Leadex II as it was listed (now it makes sense why it was cheaper). So I guess I should go for RMx or 400W Straight Power 10?

1 hour ago, ErazorUA said:

Well, unfortunately our local retailer messed up the PSU`s list and today I found out that Super Flower PSU is actually a Platinum King and not Leadex II as it was listed (now it makes sense why it was cheaper). So I guess I should go for RMx or 400W Straight Power 10?

Platinum King is still good, but it is probably worth spending the extra money to get the extremely good RMx. 

Get whatever is cheaper.

Has the dealer a Pure Power 10? not the 9...

The L10 is based on the same plattform as the Straight Power but a bit less efficient. Performance is still rather awesome, at least for the lower wattage models (400W I'd reccomend)...

8 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Has the dealer a Pure Power 10

Nope... Only Pure Power 9 (400W/600W) or Straight Power 10 (400W/500W/600W). 

Also all Corsair's PSU only have 3 years warranty for some reason in Ukraine. Be quiet! and Fractal Design both have 5 year warranty.

6 minutes ago, ErazorUA said:

Also all Corsair's PSU only have 3 years warranty for some reason in Ukraine. Be quiet! and Fractal Design both have 5 year warranty.

Manufacturer's warranty vs. retailer warranty.

AFAIK, Corsair doesn't do regional warranty, where it is different from one location to another, so since the RM550x has a 10 year warranty, you should be warrant for 10 years if you get that PSU. What that 3 year warranty may be is the retailer warranty; it is the time period of which the store you had buy from is willing to replaced the PSU. After that, you have 7 more years left with Corsair.

The reason why the retailer warranty is shorter than other brands could be because there isn't a Corsair's distributor located near the Ukraine, so the stock of them isn't as large as other brands. But that's is just me guessing.

I just did a small research and found out that there are no official service centers of major PSU manufactures in Ukraine. Therefore, the retailer`s warranty is all we get. Maybe we can send our PSU internationally to manufacturer in case of any problem… Not really sure how it works.

9 hours ago, ErazorUA said:

Nope... Only Pure Power 9 (400W/600W) or Straight Power 10 (400W/500W/600W). 

Ah, OK.

Straight Power 10 would be a good choice, Pure Power 9 is not. The Pure Power 10 would be too though...

As for be quiet things:
You can send your thing inside the warranty period to their headquaters near Hamburg and they will exchange it.

But remember to keep your receit...

And also Phone Support is available

Manufacturer's warranty vs. retailer warranty.

AFAIK, Corsair doesn't do regional warranty, where it is different from one location to another, so since the RM550x has a 10 year warranty, you should be warrant for 10 years if you get that PSU. What that 3 year warranty may be is the retailer warranty; it is the time period of which the store you had buy from is willing to replaced the PSU. After that, you have 7 more years left with Corsair.

The reason why the retailer warranty is shorter than other brands could be because there isn't a Corsair's distributor located near the Ukraine, so the stock of them isn't as large as other brands. But that's is just me guessing.

Yeah and that's one of the reasons the 10 year Warranty are more of a Marketing stunt. Also you need to send the stuff to the Netherlands or so.