Console Gaming Monitor

JellOwned

Hi guys!

I am a PC gamer and a console game. Both are great and can live in harmony so no debate on PC Master race here :P
With that being said, I currently use a BenQ XL2411Z as Gaming monitor wich is 1080p, 1ms & 144Hz for both PC and console and it's pretty great. So I was wondering if gaming on a similar monitor but 4K will be better and an upgrade or should I stick with this one. I won't go higher than 27" because my space is limited. 

I am asking some advice so if you are in a similar position or you have tried it, feel free to share your experience :)

- JellOwned

6 minutes ago, JellOwned said:

Hi guys!

I am a PC gamer and a console game. Both are great and can live in harmony so no debate on PC Master race here :P
With that being said, I currently use a BenQ XL2411Z as Gaming monitor wich is 1080p, 1ms & 144Hz for both PC and console and it's pretty great. So I was wondering if gaming on a similar monitor but 4K will be better and an upgrade or should I stick with this one. I won't go higher than 27" because my space is limited. 

I am asking some advice so if you are in a similar position or you have tried it, feel free to share your experience :)

- JellOwned

If you think that 6970 can handle 4k? (It can't) and on console if its an xbox one s or ps4 pro it'll look better. (Also we can't debate wether the PCMasterRace is better or console is better; It's practically illegal to have a flame war of any type.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

You want a 4k 144hz monitor? Oh lord.  Thats really not a thing right now.  I think Asus makes the only monitor like that, but  it requires a quadro to drive it

12 minutes ago, JellOwned said:

So I was wondering if gaming on a similar monitor but 4K will be better

4K and Consoles are polar opposites

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

51 minutes ago, JellOwned said:

Hi guys!

- JellOwned

To be a bit more helpful.  What you have now in your computer couldnt even run 1440p, let alone 4k.  So, what i'd recommend is if your goal is 4k gaming on the PC, and then playing 1080p on the console (it would just look bigger on a 4k screen as its the same ratio, just 4x bigger), go for a 4k screen like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RORBPEW/?tag=pcpapi-20 , and then a gpu to match (either a 1080 or wait and see what vega has to offer).  There are going to be a few things you give up.  Youre only going to be able to play at 60hz (barring the monitor overclocks), and unless you have a console that plays 4k (cough upscaled 1080p cough), then expect some screen tearing on the 4k screen.  Other than that thats all I've got to add.  Personally i'd recommend a 1440p 144hz monitor (1440p is beautiful enough for me) and you dont give up the refresh rate, and the screen tearing wont be as bad on the console. I'd recommend this http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=AS-PG278Q&c=CJ , and again a gpu to match, 1070/1080/wait for vega

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2017 at 0:22 PM, Ashiella said:

If you think that 6970 can handle 4k? (It can't) 

Where do you see a 6970 O.o
I have a Skylake i7 and a 1070.

1 minute ago, Glenwing said:

You have a 6970 listed in your signature ;)

Oh damn, I don't even see my signature ahaha! Must be very old. Thanks!