$25 Backlit Keyboard Round Up

Can you find a decent backlit keyboard with a budget of only $25?

Buy DB Power DB-A8 on Amazon: http://geni.us/iAns

Buy Zhishan 87 Keys Fashion Classic on Amazon: http://geni.us/hJJKw

Buy NPET K70 Waterproof Colorful LED Illuminated Backlit USB - “MOTOSPEED K70L” on Amazon: http://geni.us/pvY2

Buy TekRepublic TK Red LED Backlit keyboard on Amazon: http://geni.us/98Wy

Buy Azio Levetron L70 LED Backlit Gaming Keyboard on Amazon: http://geni.us/NWeZz8

Buy 1byone 114-key Backlit Wired Gaming Keyboard on Amazon: http://geni.us/AkLAt

Buy Azio Large Print - Azio Large Print Tri-Color Backlit Wired Keyboard on Amazon: http://geni.us/Swug

Buy Redragon K503 Harpe 7-Color LED Backlit Gaming Keyboard on Amazon: http://geni.us/TF9nw

Buy Superbpag 7 Immutable Colorful LED Backlit USB Wired Computer Gaming Keyboard on Amazon: http://geni.us/TDCapM

Buy Masione LED USB Gaming Keyboard with 7 Adjustable Colorful Backlights for PC on Amazon: http://geni.us/Zvtz

3 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Can you find a decent backlit keyboard with a budget of only $25?

Hasn't shown up in my subscriptions box so probably not.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Hasn't shown up in my subscriptions box so probably not.

It's unlisted, as they usually are

I've been curious about a bunch of these boards for awhile and then boom this video happened. Thanks LTT, I was never going to buy any of these but my curiosity has been sated.

NICK SENPAI HAS NOTICED ME!

3d630ebdc9.gif

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

I've found two G510s at Goodwill for under 5 USD. Do people hate those for some reason?

i dont understand you lot's issue with the enter key, they're perfectly normal here, and it may just be habit, but i actually prefer them that way :D

1 minute ago, xnamkcor said:

I've found two G510s at Goodwill for under 5 USD. Do people hate those for some reason?

I love that board and I hate that logitech killed it without having a replacement. Get this, mine was faulty but because they didnt have any replacement 510s and I got mine on sale for $70 they would only replace it with something of equal of lower value(according to their site pricing) to what I paid rather than original MSRP. They gave me a crappy G105 that can be had at walmart for $30 as a replacement for my $70 keyboard on top of that while 510s was on their site was listed for $130. The whole situ was borked and i just bought a refurb 510 from ebay and threw that junk 105 in the closet for a rainy day.

The way it was handled on logitech's end really shot some big holes in my opinion of them.

10 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i dont understand you lot's issue with the enter key, they're perfectly normal here, and it may just be habit, but i actually prefer them that way :D

Is it the ISO enter key? Probably because it moves where the \ key goes. We use that for directories on a local drive. Touch typing is kinda hard when the location of a key is changed. "I don't understand" "They're normal here". Do you really not understand, or are you just being hyperbolic?

8 minutes ago, Ostwind said:

I love that board and I hate that logitech killed it without having a replacement. Get this, mine was faulty but because they didnt have any replacement 510s and I got mine on sale for $70 they would only replace it with something of equal of lower value(according to their site pricing) to what I paid rather than original MSRP. They gave me a crappy G105 that can be had at walmart for $30 as a replacement for my $70 leopard on top of that while 510s was on their site was listed for $130. The whole situ was borked and i just bought a refurb 510 from ebay and threw that junk 105 in the closet for a rainy day.

The way it was handled on logitech's end really shot some big holes in my opinion of them.

I've bought 2 G105s from goodwill and I've given one to my grandpa and one to my dad. They're a joke. They're not worth more than 20 USD, but because they're "G", they get a 50 USD price hike. It's a solid leopard and probably the best my grandpa will ever have, but it's not a gaming leopard.

Is it the ISO enter key? Probably because it moves where the \ key goes. We use that for directories on a local drive. Touch typing is kinda hard when the location of a key is changed. "I don't understand" "They're normal here". Do you really not understand, or are you just being hyperbolic?

I've bought 2 G105s from goodwill and I've given one to my grandpa and one to my dad. They're a joke. They're not worth more than 20 USD, but because they're "G", they get a 50 USD price hike. It's a solid leopard and probably the best my grandpa will ever have, but it's not a gaming leopard.

yea hence why i was so pissed with that being the only replacement they would give me. Its a complete joke and a bad one at that. Its only saving grace is the macro buttons but since i use all of the keys on my 510 for my desktop profile theres nowhere near enough for me to effectively use the 105. Its going to be a bad bad bad day when my current G510 breaks and I cant find a replacement.

i'm very happy with that key being on the left :D (also, free extra keybind location near "ZQSD" for gaming :D)

and we used those "one row height" enter key layouts in college, because the person who bought the keyboards was a senseless fanboy of QWERTY layout (its "because you dont need alt for typing some characters then", except you need shift for pretty much everything else...)

and while yes, it defenately takes 5 minutes to adjust, it really doesnt take more than that. i dont believe i'm especially skilled for being able to switch between the vareous keyshapes and/or azerty/qwerty with 5 minutes of "recalibrating my brain".

8 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i'm very happy with that key being on the left :D (also, free extra keybind location near "ZQSD" for gaming :D)

and we used those "one row height" enter key layouts in college, because the person who bought the leopards was a senseless fanboy of QWERTY layout (its "because you dont need alt for typing some characters then", except you need shift for pretty much everything else...)

and while yes, it defenately takes 5 minutes to adjust, it really doesnt take more than that. i dont believe i'm especially skilled for being able to switch between the vareous keyshapes and/or azerty/qwerty with 5 minutes of "recalibrating my brain".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_mind

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

unrelated.

if i can switch between the layouts without issue, you can too.

Just because we can do it, doesn't mean we can't prefer one over the other.

2 minutes ago, xnamkcor said:

Just because we can do it, doesn't mean we can't prefer one over the other.

yes, but you shouldnt expect a region that uses said keyboard shape to send you the one you prefer, because you prefer it. (which, if they make them with those enter keys, chances are it's because thats what they are used to.)

5 minutes ago, manikyath said:

yes, but you shouldnt expect a region that uses said leopard shape to send you the one you prefer, because you prefer it. (which, if they make them with those enter keys, chances are it's because thats what they are used to.)

They do if they want to sell to more people. Logitech has leopards in both formats and even different languages.

They do if they want to sell to more people. Logitech has leopards in both formats and even different languages.

maybe that's not even their goal.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

maybe that's not even their goal.

Then, at that point, why would anyone care what someone from another region says about their product? Are you saying their goal is being elitist?

3 minutes ago, xnamkcor said:

Then, at that point, why would anyone care what someone from another region says about their product? Are you saying their goal is being elitist?

here is what i think what their goal is: they made *a* cheap keyboard, they sell it.

they dont care about different layouts (because those would be different keyboards ;)) i bet you they wont have an azerty version available, and i'm damn well sure most of them wouldnt even care about bad reviews on amazon as long as their keyboards still sold.

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

here is what i think what their goal is: they made *a* cheap leopard, they sell it.

they dont care about different layouts (because those would be different leopards ;)) i bet you they wont have an azerty version available, and i'm damn well sure most of them wouldnt even care about bad reviews on amazon as long as their leopards still sold.

So, at what point does any of this change the fact that Linus and/or Luke are allowed to not prefer the layout? And considering their audience, they probably are also not familiar with the layout and would not prefer it?

2 minutes ago, xnamkcor said:

So, at what point does any of this change the fact that Linus and/or Luke are allowed to not prefer the layout? And considering their audience, they probably are also not familiar with the layout and would not prefer it?

not preferring the layout, is something completely different than "insult to injury"

The argument here reminds me of when I replaced my laptop's Canadian Bilingual keyboard with a US English keyboard. :P

IMG_0005.jpg

$25 is not a great budget honestly anyway. 

You can easily buy a cheap mechanical keyboard for about $50-$80, some even with multi-media features.

the sky is up

Not backlit, but this is what I currently use: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U07O9KK

Both typing and gaming experience feels really great compared to some I've used in the past. And under $25 as well.