So let's talk about the punch (please thread carefully)

Misanthrope

Do you support this "direct action"?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support someone punching Richard Spencer in the face

• Yes
    • No but I wouldn't exactly stop it
    • No and I would absolutely stop it

24 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Oh he is well aware he's a comedy venue now: Sargon made a Poe video on his shitpost channel in the vein of a very serious tone exposé about turning the frogs gay and Jones himself made a reply video where he correctly recognizes Sargon as Poe...but still uses his video as supportive evidence of his gay frogs conspiracy. 

It was a glorious kek moment.

EDIT: Here is the original and response:

oh my fucking god

As a Canadian I can say one thing...

...We have a proud history of kicking Nazi ass since 1939.  I'm okay with this.  :)

13 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

As a Canadian I can say one thing...

...We have a proud history of kicking Nazi ass since 1939.  I'm okay with this.  :)

Re: I know it's long but here's a response to that line of thinking:

Loldidn'twatch version: Anybody, includying you or me, can easily be falsely identified as a "Nazi" and not just by meaningless, internet discussion but by actually serious organizations. We've seen people trying to get Thunderf00t fired from his University job by lying about him being a Nazi and a misogynist (thankfully it backfired...gloriously) so it's not far fetched to assume a well meaning enthusiasts pugilists like yourself might end up punching (or worst) the wrong person. This is certainly not the case with Spencer but we have the rule of law and rights like free speech precisely to avoid this kind of mistakes.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Re: I know it's long but here's a response to that line of thinking:

Loldidn'twatch version: Anybody, includying you or me, can easily be falsely identified as a "Nazi" and not just by meaningless, internet discussion but by actually serious organizations. We've seen people trying to get Thunderf00t fired from his University job by lying about the fact he is a Nazi and a misogynists (thankfully it backfired...gloriously) so it's not far fetched to assume a well meaning enthusiasts pugilist like yourself might end up punching (or worst) the wrong person. This is certainly not the case with Spencer but we have the rule of law and rights like free speech precisely to avoid this kind of mistakes.

1) Anyone chanting 'Heil Trump' is definitely a Nazi.

2) Here in Canada, we proudly rounded up Nazi sympathizers and put them into prison camps, all legal.  Rule of law fucking rocks. :D 

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

2) Here in Canada, we proudly rounded up Nazi sympathizers and put them into prison camps, all legal.  Rule of law fucking rocks. :D 

The fact that 1) Is not really evidence kinda exemplifies why 2) it's stupid.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

The fact that 1) Is not really evidence kinda exemplifies why 2) it's stupid.

This is the kind of cowardly talk that lead America to stall two years in joining the Nazi Ass Kicking Party. :(

2 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

This is the kind of cowardly talk that lead America to stall two years in joining the Nazi Ass Kicking Party. :(

No the fact that it was a fucking war on the other side of a motherfucking ocean that didn't concerned them directly helped the delay more. 

Presumption of innocence, please look it up before further replies.

-------

Current Rig

-------

5 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

No the fact that it was a fucking war on the other side of a motherfucking ocean that didn't concerned them directly helped the delay more. 

Presumption of innocence, please look it up before further replies.

Sir, I will not have you sully my nations proud heritage of stomping on Nazis.

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Was it right? No. Would I do the same in a heartbeat? Absolutely.

What if you didn't actually know who Richard Spencer was and a group of friends just told you "Hey that guy is a fucking Nazi"? Is it just because of is infamy or do you also openly condone violence just as long as it's done against people you oppose politically?

-------

Current Rig

-------

5 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

An ass who thinks so little of other human beings, feels arrogant and entitled enough to actively try to benefit a select group of people by throwing the rest of the human population under the bus and claiming that they're inferior to him, a man who's so fucking self centered he's going to stop people from marrying just because he can, a man who has no qualms with tearing families from their children and their homes just because of where they were born? I don't care how famous he is, if I ever meet the guy he'd better hope a punch is all he gets.

This attitude is what fuels those people today. This is why people like Milo Yianopolous can be absolute pricks to people and gain wealth doing it. You're taking their bait and giving them what they want.

This isn't some religious war or a war of nations, it's a social problem. You should know better being on the internet.

6 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

An ass who thinks so little of other human beings, feels arrogant and entitled enough to actively try to benefit a select group of people by throwing the rest of the human population under the bus and claiming that they're inferior to him, a man who's so fucking self centered he's going to stop people from marrying just because he can, a man who has no qualms with tearing families from their children and their homes just because of where they were born? I don't care how famous he is, if I ever meet the guy he'd better hope a punch is all he gets.

Vs a man who chooses to ignore my entire argument yet still wants to quote me.

That's fine I'll try again in the spirit of moving on:

1) Richard Spencer was very likely targeted cause he is well known and open about his white nationalists views. Many other people are targeted just for wearing a MAGA hat however, we've seen the videos of this happening because just as Trump called all of us Mexicans (except for the some of us that are "good people") rapists so did Hillary called all Trump supporters deplorables, whenever or not they actually are deplorable like Spencer or not.

2) It's because of point 1) That we have both a presumption of innocence and laws that protect free speech, yes even unpopular speech from neo nazis. The alternative is precisely the thing you're denouncing: Hitler rounded up all of his opponents under the excuse of labeling them as "communist traitors" and it didn't matter if they actually where Communists or merely opposed his radical views, he still sent Brown shirts to hunt them the fuck down and once he dealt with them THEN he came up with the final solution. I would argue that it was facilitated by consistently and intentionally eroding and finally eliminating free speech.

-------

Current Rig

-------

9 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Presumption of innocence? I wouldn't punch him because I though he was a Nazi, no. 

And you're right, it was likely a publicity stunt, since he could have chosen any guy on the street (or Reddit). Although do the assaulter's motives really matter much?

I'm sorry if it flew over my head, but I still haven't seen your "argument" yet. No, if some random group of people pointed a guy out on the street and said "hey he's a Nazi" I wouldn't do anything, but if he came up to me and told me to get out of his country I'd tell him to f off, and if I then saw him at a same-sex marriage insulting the grooms/brides and telling them their marriage was unnatural and illegitimate then hell yes  I'd condone giving that guy a friendly fist-bump to the face.

On the other hand, if someone was just wearing a Trump hat I'd be chill with it. So I suppose then yes, it depends on how active the guy was with his views.

Free speech is all well and good, and I would never accept the government punishing the guy, that would be absurd and far beyond its limits. But I'm not the government, and I'm not bound by those same limitations. My punching him doesn't set any kind of precedent, it just says that I thought the guy was an ass.

I've explained why I think it does: I'm not gonna ask you to read 4 pages of replies but I've posted more than one example of random, uncalled for violence including some guys sucker punching a guy who did nothing but use an extinguisher to put out a fire, talk calmly and wear a MAGA hat (which was stolen from him)

So the thing you say is not setting any kind of precedent kinda already has. Other than that I concur and think your views aren't unreasonable, you just seem to be normalizing random violence just because you don't like a guy. That's in my opinion dangerous. Goes against the spirit of a free society and kind of makes you basically as bad as the people you're punching: there's other ways to actively oppose people that do not involve violence.

-------

Current Rig

-------

5 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

kind of makes you basically as bad as the people you're punching

Fun Fact: It is impossible to be as bad or worse than being a Nazi.

4 hours ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Was it right? No. Would I do the same in a heartbeat? Absolutely.

The guy just got doxxed on 4chan so hes basicly completely fucked. I wouldnt do it, simply because of the fallout.

- snip-

3 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Fun Fact: It is impossible to be as bad or worse than being a Nazi.

Lets not forget our mayonaise, or 'bama.

- snip-

5 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

1) Hates Nazis vehemently.

2) Is proud of his country for the mass incarceration of people for having certain political views.

3) Da fuck!?!?!?!?

Asshole gets punched by man who likes being covered with what comes out of one. Both are gross examples of human beings. 

5 hours ago, imreloadin said:

2) Is proud of his country for the mass incarceration of people for having certain political views.

3) Da fuck!?!?!?!?

I wouldn't be suprised there would be huge turn-ups if we reintroduced public stoning/haning in the west. The majority of people are still medieval savages, as this person demonstrates.

6 hours ago, imreloadin said:

3) Da fuck!?!?!?!?

Nazis literally raped my grandmother.  Burn'em.

33 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Because two wrongs makes a right... An eye for an eye cures blindness...

Hey, my ancestors were vikings. I guess that means English people should be allowed to assault me whenever they want, right? I mean, my ancestors probably raped and plundered their ancestors so I totally deserve it, right?

All you're showing is that you're no better than the people you resent. Don't lower yourself to their standards. If you do you'll find yourself thinking and acting the same way as nazis do/did, except you aim your hatred towards a different group of people.

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

So have a trial and convict the ones responsible. Don't literally go all Hitler on them.

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

Because two wrongs makes a right... An eye for an eye cures blindness...

Hey, my ancestors were vikings. I guess that means English people should be allowed to assault me whenever they want, right? I mean, my ancestors probably raped and plundered their ancestors so I totally deserve it, right?

All you're showing is that you're no better than the people you resent. Don't lower yourself to their standards. If you do you'll find yourself thinking and acting the same way as nazis do/did, except you aim your hatred towards a different group of people.

But it does make a right.  Bombing Nazis literary saved the world.  Saving the world is the best possible right.  Or do you think that saving the world is bad?  That sounds like pro-nazi talk to me.