Anniversary Update 1607 Will Not Install - attempted 10 times

When the update was released a few months ago - August for me - it downloaded without issue. When I went to install it however, it stalled at 0%. I tried many different things to get it to work, such as making sure critical drivers were up to date, extra peripheral devices were unplugged, etc. The system would freeze for hours until I hard reset it, at which point it would restore my previous version of Windows. I eventually gave up on trying to install it using both Windows 10's integrated update system and the Windows 10 Update Assistant. 

Strangely, the update decided to reappear. Two days ago the update started downloading and preparing to install. I figured to just go ahead and try it normally since it was back - same result. 

Any ideas on how to solve this? 

I have another problem with my OS drive... explained here: 

Could it be somehow preventing the update? 

19 minutes ago, Septimus46 said:

When the update was released a few months ago - August for me - it downloaded without issue. When I went to install it however, it stalled at 0%. I tried many different things to get it to work, such as making sure critical drivers were up to date, extra peripheral devices were unplugged, etc. The system would freeze for hours until I hard reset it, at which point it would restore my previous version of Windows. I eventually gave up on trying to install it using both Windows 10's integrated update system and the Windows 10 Update Assistant. 

Strangely, the update decided to reappear. Two days ago the update started downloading and preparing to install. I figured to just go ahead and try it normally since it was back - same result. 

Any ideas on how to solve this? 

I have another problem with my OS drive... explained here: 

Could it be somehow preventing the update? 

What antivirus are you using?

If you're  using Symantec then you'll need to uninstall it.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

My windows ten did this a whole bunch that made me need to reinstall windows. I just waited till the next updates were out and it updated just fine.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

9 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

What antivirus are you using?

If you're  using Symantec then you'll need to uninstall it.

Using the built-in Windows Defender and then Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on the side, although it doesn't have any sort of real-time protection enabled. Should I unplug all of my peripherals (besides mouse and keyboard) as well as all other drives in the system?

1 hour ago, Septimus46 said:

Using the built-in Windows Defender and then Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on the side, although it doesn't have any sort of real-time protection enabled. Should I unplug all of my peripherals (besides mouse and keyboard) as well as all other drives in the system?

No.

Try uninstalling Malwarebytes and re-install it after windows has updated.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),