What is prema?

K352

i know this might be off topic and stuff but mods please delete after answer.

So i was browsing the forum when i read something about prema BIOS and after googling this i would like a human to fully explain what prema is and how do you get it.

got a link to its website or a link to where you read about it?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

4 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

got a link to its website or a link to where you read about it?

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Link please?

I can't find anything about it.

look at page 2 there is something about prema

Main PC
CPU: i3-4160. RAM: 2x4GB Kingston ValueRam. GPU: Asus GTX750Ti OC 2GB (Palit StormOC 750Ti Bios). CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X.
MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3. Storage: 1x Samsung 840 Evo. RAID 0: WD Scorpio Blue 500GB, WD Caviar Blue 500GB. PSU: Corsair CX500M.
Network: some TP-Link card that doesnt support 5.0Ghz. Case: Casecom Neptune CP-626 (the cooler doesnt fit so the side panel stays off).
Mouse: Logitech G430. Headphones: Sennheiser RS195. Keyboard: Lenovo KU0225. OS: Windows 10 Pro

stuff that isnt my main pc
Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E531 - Ubuntu 17.04 (Gnome Desktop)
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B - Not in Use
Raspberry Pi 3 - RetroPie

Phones/Tablets
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Lineage 14.1 (Android 7.1.1)
HTC One M7 - Dead Charging Port - Lineage 14.1 (Android 7.1.1)
HTC One M8 - Dead Sim Port -  Lineage 15 (Android 8.0.0)
Telstra 4GX Plus (ZTE Blade A462) - Android M Stock
iPhone 4S - Dead Battery Sensor (Stuck on too hot warning) - Latest iOS 9
iPhone 5 - MAIN PHONE - iOS 10.3.3

Consoles
Xbox One
Xbox 360 S
PlayStation 2 Fat

Headset: Plantronics RIG400HX 

Hey everyone.  I know what it is lol.  The Prema bios is a mod for Clevo laptops that unlocks the bios for overclocking.  Stock Clevo bioses are super limited in what they can do.  The Prema bios mod gives you exact and near unlimited control over voltages, clockspeeds, and more.

Here's big post about it from NBR user Phoenix: 

Benefits of Prema BIOS:

• Fixes the biggest issue with these Clevo laptops where they would throttle the CPU as low as 2.5 GHz the moment both the CPU & GPU are under load due to current issues with the Clevo Stock BIOS/EC Firmware.
  • The ability to disable other drives connected to your system without physically removing them from your laptop, this comes in handy when installing Windows as you never want to have more than one drive connected at the time you are installing Windows otherwise the Windows setup will place the boot files on the 2nd drive it sees which hurts performance and makes it a headache when creating system images or restoring since the boot files are not on the main drive.
  • The ability to overclock, increase Turbo Power Limits and System IA/Core Current Limits
  • The ability to enable Intel Speed Shift Technology (it is disabled in the stock BIOS)
  • The ability to run RAM with speeds higher than the standard 2133 MHz. I am not talking about overclocking here, I am talking about actual RAM sticks that are rated to run at 2800 MHz for example like the G.Skill 64GB 2800 MHz kit I have. With the stock BIOS, they will not run above 2400 MHz. In the case of the P870DM3, the stock BIOS now supports up to 2666 MHz. I believe but not more, so the Prema BIOS is a must again
  • Fixes the instability with the G.Skill 3000 MHz. RAM using XMP Profile 1 with timings of 16-18-18-18 where in the stock BIOS you would have constant crashes or not be able to boot altogether so you’re forced to use XMP Profile 2 which is slower with 18-18-18-18 timings.
  • The ability to enable CSM for those who want to install other OSes like Windows 7
  • The ability to undervolt the CPU as the stock voltage is way too high which causes the CPU to overheat much quicker and thus throttle under load.
  • The ability to enable or disable CPU AES instructions or Virtualization
  • The ability to disable hibernation from the BIOS
  • Sets the default keyboard lights from blue to white which suits more tastes

Benefits of Prema VBIOS:

• Power throttle disabled
  • Over-voltage slider enabled and adjusted (up to a maximum of 1.2v)
  • Activated and adjusted thermal slider (to keep it cooler if desired)
  • Core overclock slider limit raised
  • Power consumption meter activated
  • Fixed 3D voltage base-line in order to stabilize OCs and voltage-match both cards in SLI systems (based on average ASIC)
  • Thermal protection @ 92c (once*91c are breached the system throttles volts and clocks in order to protect it)
  • Protection against Furmark and Kombustor GPU burnout (AVOID those software even with stock vBIOS)!

X99 build!  Asus X99-A | i7 5820k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB RAM | Gigbyte G1 980 Ti sli | 250 + 500GB 850 Evo + 1TB MX300| 1TB WD Blue | Corsair 450D
Clevo P650RS i7 6820hk | GTX 1070 | 16GB RAM | 4K PLS Display | 1TB Sandisk Ultra II
Dell Latitude E6430 i7 3720qm | 6GB RAM | Nvidia Quadro NVS 5200m | 128gb ssd + 320GB hdd
Speakers JBL LSR 4328ps
Headphone Set Up Sennheiser HD800 | Sennheiser ie800 | Chord Mojo

@Galm u sound like Phoenix 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

28 minutes ago, Galm said:

Hey everyone.  I know what it is lol.  The Prema bios is a mod for Clevo laptops that unlocks the bios for overclocking.  Stock Clevo bioses are super limited in what they can do.  The Prema bios mod gives you exact and near unlimited control over voltages, clockspeeds, and more.

Here's big post about it from NBR user Phoenix: 

Benefits of Prema BIOS:

• Fixes the biggest issue with these Clevo laptops where they would throttle the CPU as low as 2.5 GHz the moment both the CPU & GPU are under load due to current issues with the Clevo Stock BIOS/EC Firmware.
  • The ability to disable other drives connected to your system without physically removing them from your laptop, this comes in handy when installing Windows as you never want to have more than one drive connected at the time you are installing Windows otherwise the Windows setup will place the boot files on the 2nd drive it sees which hurts performance and makes it a headache when creating system images or restoring since the boot files are not on the main drive.
  • The ability to overclock, increase Turbo Power Limits and System IA/Core Current Limits
  • The ability to enable Intel Speed Shift Technology (it is disabled in the stock BIOS)
  • The ability to run RAM with speeds higher than the standard 2133 MHz. I am not talking about overclocking here, I am talking about actual RAM sticks that are rated to run at 2800 MHz for example like the G.Skill 64GB 2800 MHz kit I have. With the stock BIOS, they will not run above 2400 MHz. In the case of the P870DM3, the stock BIOS now supports up to 2666 MHz. I believe but not more, so the Prema BIOS is a must again
  • Fixes the instability with the G.Skill 3000 MHz. RAM using XMP Profile 1 with timings of 16-18-18-18 where in the stock BIOS you would have constant crashes or not be able to boot altogether so you’re forced to use XMP Profile 2 which is slower with 18-18-18-18 timings.
  • The ability to enable CSM for those who want to install other OSes like Windows 7
  • The ability to undervolt the CPU as the stock voltage is way too high which causes the CPU to overheat much quicker and thus throttle under load.
  • The ability to enable or disable CPU AES instructions or Virtualization
  • The ability to disable hibernation from the BIOS
  • Sets the default keyboard lights from blue to white which suits more tastes

Benefits of Prema VBIOS:

• Power throttle disabled
  • Over-voltage slider enabled and adjusted (up to a maximum of 1.2v)
  • Activated and adjusted thermal slider (to keep it cooler if desired)
  • Core overclock slider limit raised
  • Power consumption meter activated
  • Fixed 3D voltage base-line in order to stabilize OCs and voltage-match both cards in SLI systems (based on average ASIC)
  • Thermal protection @ 92c (once*91c are breached the system throttles volts and clocks in order to protect it)
  • Protection against Furmark and Kombustor GPU burnout (AVOID those software even with stock vBIOS)!

k

Main PC
CPU: i3-4160. RAM: 2x4GB Kingston ValueRam. GPU: Asus GTX750Ti OC 2GB (Palit StormOC 750Ti Bios). CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X.
MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3. Storage: 1x Samsung 840 Evo. RAID 0: WD Scorpio Blue 500GB, WD Caviar Blue 500GB. PSU: Corsair CX500M.
Network: some TP-Link card that doesnt support 5.0Ghz. Case: Casecom Neptune CP-626 (the cooler doesnt fit so the side panel stays off).
Mouse: Logitech G430. Headphones: Sennheiser RS195. Keyboard: Lenovo KU0225. OS: Windows 10 Pro

stuff that isnt my main pc
Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E531 - Ubuntu 17.04 (Gnome Desktop)
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B - Not in Use
Raspberry Pi 3 - RetroPie

Phones/Tablets
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Lineage 14.1 (Android 7.1.1)
HTC One M7 - Dead Charging Port - Lineage 14.1 (Android 7.1.1)
HTC One M8 - Dead Sim Port -  Lineage 15 (Android 8.0.0)
Telstra 4GX Plus (ZTE Blade A462) - Android M Stock
iPhone 4S - Dead Battery Sensor (Stuck on too hot warning) - Latest iOS 9
iPhone 5 - MAIN PHONE - iOS 10.3.3

Consoles
Xbox One
Xbox 360 S
PlayStation 2 Fat

Headset: Plantronics RIG400HX