ROG SWIFT PG258Q:

My setup is:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K @ 3.40GHz
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
RAM: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
GFX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (MSI)
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
Storage: 111GB Crucial_CT120M500SSD1 (SSD)
222GB Microsoft Storage Space Device (SSD)
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
MB: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z87-K

My problem is that on csgo i get around 150-450 fps. and i would like to know if its possible and reasonable for me to buy one of the 240hz screens and then put the hz at 144 or something like 180? 

and can the reason that my fps is so low be something with my pc considering someone with a less powerfull cpu can get around 650-200fps?

Get a 144hz screen. If you cant push those frame rates to support the 240hz, save some money and get a lesser refresh rate. If you can get those frame rates, go for the ROG swift. That zowie monitor just has a bunch of bloated features that won't help your experience. If the zowie is cheaper, then go for the zowie, if the asus is cheaper, then go for the asus 

7 minutes ago, xGuys said:

Hallo so im looking into buying either

http://zowie.benq.com/en/product/monitor/xl/xl2540.html or

ROG SWIFT PG258Q:

My setup is:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K @ 3.40GHz
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
RAM: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
GFX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (MSI)
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
Storage: 111GB Crucial_CT120M500SSD1 (SSD)
222GB Microsoft Storage Space Device (SSD)
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
MB: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z87-K

My problem is that on csgo i get around 150-450 fps. and i would like to know if its possible and reasonable for me to buy one of the 240hz screens and then put the hz at 144 or something like 180? 

and can the reason that my fps is so low be something with my pc considering someone with a less powerfull cpu can get around 650-200fps?

Theres a cheap 144hz acer the Predator GN something, that you can Oc to 199hz.. its like 200$ Usd

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

2cnd one

the first one wont help in competitive gaming 

I didn't know what to put here...

I would just leave it at 240Hz.

Even if you can't get 240fps you will still get the benefit of lower latency even at the cost of a bit of screen tearing.

Then eventually you should upgrade your GPU.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Have you overclocked that cpu? Iv had a friend with a i7 875k at 3.7 achieve 250-300 with a 970

1 hour ago, tp95112 said:

Have you overclocked that cpu? Iv had a friend with a i7 875k at 3.7 achieve 250-300 with a 970

Nope i haven over clocked it as a friend of mine said it could frie the board

2 minutes ago, xGuys said:

Nope i havnet oced it AS a friend of mine said it coulc frie the board

Its a z87 board you can overclock. Why get a K and Z if you arent going to overclock it Waste of the $100+ dollars

2 hours ago, Enderman said:

I would just leave it at 240Hz.

Even if you can't get 240fps you will still get the benefit of lower latency even at the cost of a bit of screen tearing.

Then eventually you should upgrade your GPU.

Yes but Wont it feel different when I go down to 180 fps I don't want to have a different feel. Like on 144my sens is abit different then 60 due to the refresh rate now let's say I have 180 fps at  one point and 240 at another won't the sens be abit different?. So that my flick won't be consistent?

2 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

Its a z87 board you can overclock. Why get a K and Z if you arent going to overclock it Waste of the $100+ dollars

Yeah I know I wanted to but he was like don't do it ima look into overclocking it I'm quite sure Linus has a god tut for the 4th gen 

2 hours ago, Ashiella said:

Theres a cheap 144hz acer the Predator GN something, that you can Oc to 199hz.. its like 200$ Usd

Yeah but then is prop replace that one later when 240 is dominant 

1 minute ago, xGuys said:

Yeah I know I wanted to but he was like don't do it ima look into overclocking it I'm quite sure Linus has a god tut for the 4th gen 

What is the exact name of your motherboard.can you use CPUz and give me the model name. It could be that the motherboard is really just a shit board but I highly doubt it

2 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

What is the exact name of your motherboard.can you use CPUz and give me the model name. It could be that the motherboard is really just a shit board but I highly doubt it

ASUS Z87-K, Socket-1150

ATX, Z87, DDR3, 3xPCIe-x16, CFX, VGA, DVI, HDMI, Haswell,  

Thats the info I can get ATM till Sunday as I'm away for The Weekend 

18 hours ago, VirusStorm said:

Get a 144hz screen. If you cant push those frame rates to support the 240hz, save some money and get a lesser refresh rate. If you can get those frame rates, go for the ROG swift. That zowie monitor just has a bunch of bloated features that won't help your experience. If the zowie is cheaper, then go for the zowie, if the asus is cheaper, then go for the asus 

Nope, not quite right

You do NOT need 240 fps, to benefit from an 240 Hz Monitor.
Even if you only get 100-120 fps, on a 240 Hz Monitor it WILL look smoother than on a 144 Hz Monitor (well not by much). Higher Hz will reduce Tearing so much, it will make GSync / Freesync almost obsolete. Just like 60 fps~ on a 144 Hz Monitor looks smoother/faster, than 60 fps on a 60 Hz monitor

Since those add a SLIGHT input Lag, compared to "no sync at all, 100% uncaped fps", which might be bothersome for very high end competetive gaming.

For any normal player, this is irrelevant of course.

Even if you only get 80 fps, 240 hz WILL look cleaner / smoother than 144 Hz. because the Refresh rate is SO high, you will see less Tearing issues.

If you do NOT plan on using the Monitor at 240 Hz, there is absolutely No point in paying 500 bucks for a TN 1080p Panel. That's just retarded. If you use 144 Hz, you can get one for 250 bucks from AOC, with Freesync.

And if you do NOT play seriously competetive, do NOT buy these monitors. They will NOT look Sharp, they will NOT have good colors, they will NOT have any good viewing angles or anything. You pay literaly 250-300 Bucks extra JUST to have 240 Hz instead 144 Hz. That's. It. Super high Refresh rate for the biggest "smoothness" you can buy today.

As "normal player", you better spend 500 bucks for a 1440p / 144 Hz panel, or just take a cheaper 144 Hz model.

If you DO plan on playing seriously competetive, and you get one of this Monitor:

If you have an AMD Card: Benq Zowie, because it has Freesync.

If you have an Nvidia Card: Asus ROG, because it haws Gsync (AND it supports ULMB with 240 Hz, which should give the cleanest motions of ANY Monitor on the market right now)

Since you have a GTX 970, your Choice should be the Asus ROG Swift.

And either use it just normally with 240 Hz, or 240 Hz with Gsync enabled (which is great for non-fast games, where the Monitor can vary it's refresh rate, or use ULMB with 240 Hz mode.

And i'm sure, the 240 Hz ULMB Mode should be superior to normal 240 Hz or GSync/Freesync, since ULMB pretty much eliminates any kind of Ghosting etc

12 hours ago, Darkseth said:

Nope, not quite right

You do NOT need 240 fps, to benefit from an 240 Hz Monitor.
Even if you only get 100-120 fps, on a 240 Hz Monitor it WILL look smoother than on a 144 Hz Monitor (well not by much). Higher Hz will reduce Tearing so much, it will make GSync / Freesync almost obsolete. Just like 60 fps~ on a 144 Hz Monitor looks smoother/faster, than 60 fps on a 60 Hz monitor

Since those add a SLIGHT input Lag, compared to "no sync at all, 100% uncaped fps", which might be bothersome for very high end competetive gaming.

For any normal player, this is irrelevant of course.

Even if you only get 80 fps, 240 hz WILL look cleaner / smoother than 144 Hz. because the Refresh rate is SO high, you will see less Tearing issues.

If you do NOT plan on using the Monitor at 240 Hz, there is absolutely No point in paying 500 bucks for a TN 1080p Panel. That's just retarded. If you use 144 Hz, you can get one for 250 bucks from AOC, with Freesync.

And if you do NOT play seriously competetive, do NOT buy these monitors. They will NOT look Sharp, they will NOT have good colors, they will NOT have any good viewing angles or anything. You pay literaly 250-300 Bucks extra JUST to have 240 Hz instead 144 Hz. That's. It. Super high Refresh rate for the biggest "smoothness" you can buy today.

As "normal player", you better spend 500 bucks for a 1440p / 144 Hz panel, or just take a cheaper 144 Hz model.

If you DO plan on playing seriously competetive, and you get one of this Monitor:

If you have an AMD Card: Benq Zowie, because it has Freesync.

If you have an Nvidia Card: Asus ROG, because it haws Gsync (AND it supports ULMB with 240 Hz, which should give the cleanest motions of ANY Monitor on the market right now)

Since you have a GTX 970, your Choice should be the Asus ROG Swift.

And either use it just normally with 240 Hz, or 240 Hz with Gsync enabled (which is great for non-fast games, where the Monitor can vary it's refresh rate, or use ULMB with 240 Hz mode.

And i'm sure, the 240 Hz ULMB Mode should be superior to normal 240 Hz or GSync/Freesync, since ULMB pretty much eliminates any kind of Ghosting etc

whats your take on:

Yes but Wont it feel different when I go down to 180 fps I don't want to have a different feel. Like on 144my sens is abit different then 60 due to the refresh rate now let's say I have 180 fps at  one point and 240 at another won't the sens be abit different?. So that my flick won't be consistent?