Can i oc an g4600 on an asrock z170m/ac?

4 minutes ago, PolarBearSniper said:

Well the info i found online was outdated so i thought i would ask you; ltt forums

Yes, but you will need to flash your bios to revision 2.00. Avoid any bios with Microcode 0x76, as that patches the non-Z overclocking. You will be stuck on this older bios revision too, so if you need additional hardware support in the future, you are either out of luck entirely, or you have to sacrifice the clock speeds. 

EDIT: Nevermind. I was unaware that this was a Kabylake SKU. No, you won't be able to overclock their locked pentiums. You can use the CPU on the board with BIOS revision 7.00, but no, no overclocking. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

1 minute ago, MageTank said:

Yes, but you will need to flash your bios to revision 2.00. Avoid any bios with Microcode 0x76, as that patches the non-Z overclocking. You will be stuck on this older bios revision too, so if you need additional hardware support in the future, you are either out of luck entirely, or you have to sacrifice the clock speeds. 

1 minute ago, Wolther said:

Yep. Just need to get the bios update for kabylake chips 

Thanks! 

It's locked chip so I'm pretty sure you can OC that.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB