MetallicAcid's Fractal Effect 304

MetallicAcid

Justin! I liked it too! ^.^ 

Sorry to ask it here but, could you tell me how you made those renders for the TJ07? I did download Indigo renderer. But I can't find any simple tutorials. I would love to make a rendering of my phantom door. Where I have plans for on how to cut it out. I have a few designs in my head and it would be awesome to get it in a 3D render. 

It would even be more awesome if I could get a render of the inside of my case. And then play around with the colors, so I can see how it will look roughly. I don't know if you followed a tutorial or anything, or if you learned it at school/job. But if you could point me in the right direction, would be amazing! 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Says it all:

post-6374-0-16186100-1390177945.jpg

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Justin! I liked it too! ^.^ 

Sorry to ask it here but, could you tell me how you made those renders for the TJ07? I did download Indigo renderer. But I can't find any simple tutorials. I would love to make a rendering of my phantom door. Where I have plans for on how to cut it out. I have a few designs in my head and it would be awesome to get it in a 3D render. 

It would even be more awesome if I could get a render of the inside of my case. And then play around with the colors, so I can see how it will look roughly. I don't know if you followed a tutorial or anything, or if you learned it at school/job. But if you could point me in the right direction, would be amazing! 

Thanks for the support Kiwi! 

I am self taught with the rendering mate. All materials and material structures are used and applied from within SketchUp. You would set the material colour and properties from within the material editor from within SketchUp. When Indigo Render opens up the imported model, I don't have to change a thing. 

Sorry I can't be of much more help, but I am sure that a quick search within Youtube will give you what you are looking for. Maybe you could send me the 3D model and I could render it up for you if you would like?

Best of luck mate! You just have to practice.. Trial and error is the best way to learn.

Justin / MetallicAcid

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

I'll trade hmmmm...my soul for this.

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

Thanks for the support Kiwi! 

I am self taught with the rendering mate. All materials and material structures are used and applied from within SketchUp. You would set the material colour and properties from within the material editor from within SketchUp. When Indigo Render opens up the imported model, I don't have to change a thing. 

Sorry I can't be of much more help, but I am sure that a quick search within Youtube will give you what you are looking for. Maybe you could send me the 3D model and I could render it up for you if you would like?

Best of luck mate! You just have to practice.. Trial and error is the best way to learn.

Justin / MetallicAcid

Thank you so much, this is the program I need. And thank you for the offer, but as long as everything goes oke, I should be able to get it done myself. But in case anything goes wrong and I have no idea what im doing. I will contact you, thanks!  :wub:

Haha! Just cash thanks ;)

Best regards,

Justin / MetallicAcid

How much? Haha, nevermind..

I am busy with SketchUp right now, that was the program I was looking for thanks! The only problem I currently have is, every single time I want to use a different tool I get this error. Wich I obviously checked and then I try to change it to be writeable, but I get an error there as well. Or well, I need administrator rights (wich I do have...!) but when I click on "do this!" it just doesn't do it... i'm confused.

Time to google this.. i am a little bit confused. 

Edit: figured it out, my god Windows is slightly retarded haha. Oh well, fixed now.. now I don't get a bloody error every time I change tools! ^^ 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!

This is absolutley awesome

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

Not caught up with this build in a while but damn! This build makes me happy inside...

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

Thank you so much, this is the program I need. And thank you for the offer, but as long as everything goes oke, I should be able to get it done myself. But in case anything goes wrong and I have no idea what im doing. I will contact you, thanks!  :wub:

How much? Haha, nevermind..

I am busy with SketchUp right now, that was the program I was looking for thanks! The only problem I currently have is, every single time I want to use a different tool I get this error. Wich I obviously checked and then I try to change it to be writeable, but I get an error there as well. Or well, I need administrator rights (wich I do have...!) but when I click on "do this!" it just doesn't do it... i'm confused.

Time to google this.. i am a little bit confused. 

Edit: figured it out, my god Windows is slightly retarded haha. Oh well, fixed now.. now I don't get a bloody error every time I change tools! ^^ 

I am happy that you got it sorted out mate! I would like to see what progress you have made if you get the chance :)

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!

This is absolutley awesome

Not caught up with this build in a while but damn! This build makes me happy inside...

Thanks YouRezz and Milk. I am happy you guys enjoyed the build log!

What is everyones' opinion of me modding the Cooler Master Cosmos SE?

Best regards,

Justin / MetallicAcid

@MetallicAcid yeah I saw that on your Instagram I say go for it, I'm sure you will find something pretty cool to so with it :)

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

Hello modders! I have entered my latest project for the best mod on Case Mod Contest website. Please show your support if you think that my project deserves to win :)

Best regards!

Hello modders! I have entered my latest project for the best mod on Case Mod Contest website. Please show your support if you think that my project deserves to win :)

Best regards!

Hmm, not sure why but I get this when I try to register lol. 

6zhmh.png

is it safe to route cable under the motherboard? I just bought this case. Beautiful build!

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

is it safe to route cable under the motherboard? I just bought this case. Beautiful build!

As long as it isn't a completely bare wire, then yes. If it has thick enough plastic insulation it should be right, though if you plan on running a wire under the motherboard, be aware that some of the solder points under the board are sharp and could penetrate the wire.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

@kiwi  if you used a Hotmail address could be sorted as spam

try again with a non-Hotmail address

MA Great rig and love those Final shots! :D

As long as it isn't a completely bare wire, then yes. If it has thick enough plastic insulation it should be right, though if you plan on running a wire under the motherboard, be aware that some of the solder points under the board are sharp and could penetrate the wire.

This is correct, there is always the risk that the solder can go through.. But in this case there is a generous amount of space as the standoffs used are a little taller than most other cases. I had no trouble installing the motherboard after routing my cables :)

Thanks Fuzzy! You always know the right things to say ;)

Best regards,

Justin.

This is correct, there is always the risk that the solder can go through.. But in this case there is a generous amount of space as the standoffs used are a little taller than most other cases. I had no trouble installing the motherboard after routing my cables :)

awesome, thanks guys.

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

Yes this was the case. The website owner actually PM'd me and explained this to me. So I will be added. ^^

Hey everybody!

I have shamelessly entered my TJ08 ROG V rig into another competition at Minimalistic PC's, and hope for your support :) After you have checked out all the great PC's there, and still think that my work is worthy of your vote, then you will know what to do ;)

Either way, thank you for your support, and see you at the next project! 

DSC05170_zpseac9d388.jpg

Best regards,

Justin / MetallicAcid

www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

#metallicacidcustoms

• 2 months later...
Update 20 - Forbes.com has declaired Fractal Effect as one of the most incredible PC's of 2014

Hello to everybody!

I am writing this mini text update out of sheer pleasure. The Fractal Effect 304 build was recently been included in an article by Forbes.com as "The 2 most incredible PC's of 2014" by auther Antony Leather.

What can I say but WOW! I never guessed in a million years that any of my mods would earn such a prestige title, let alone the fact that there are thousands of other PC's out there that deserve it more than I do. 

All I can say is thank you for the support, and to please have a look at my other projects found in my signature.

Best regards,

Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

-snip-

Wow! Congrats man! Forbes is a big deal!

:D

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness