Can someone help me Cable Manage this pc..?

Natsu_Sc4rL3t

This pc just sucks and i want help with cable managment with it...

20170102_234004.jpg

This looks like bait. If it isn't, first clean the PC and just bundle the cables together just underneath the optical drive.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I wouldn't say that you have enough cables to obstruct airflow through the case.

Also, the PC probably won't get hot enough to require it.

Keep wires out of fans, and you should be good.

It can be done. Twist ties work good in place of zip ties if you want to be able to change things around later, from the looks of it, you don't. 

Black marker on the cables will help hide them a little. Wire loom also works and is cheap.

Tuck your wires in your 5.25" bay. Use about. 3/4" loom to cover your wire run from your psu to the bay. Electrical tape is ugly but can work. Run your Sata behind the drives. Then judging from the audio cable coming off the back optical drive this thing is roughly 15 or so years old, get a new computer!

I crammed a Strix X99, Noctua D15, Zotac GTX 980 AMP,  3 HDD, 1 SSD, optical dive in this tiny case took allot of cranny in the spare 5.25" drive slots and routed cables behind the HDDs. The SSD was put up in the 5.25" drive space with velcro.

Since everything has been transferred to a 900D with plans for water cooling and a GTX 1080 upgrade.

IMG_8802.JPG

Cable tie or Velcro the cables you don't need and stuff them into the hollow above the optical drive. You could also thread cable ties in the 3.5" drive screw holes to tie down the cables for your front I/O.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Personal Rig:

CPU: i7-11700K  | Mobo: MSI Z490-A PRO | RAM: 2x G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB = 16 GB  | GPU: ASUS GTX 1070 Strix (I know I need to upgrade) | Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250 GB, WD Blue 1 TB, WD Red 2 TB, and WD Red 4 TB | Case: Enermax Ostrog Black and White | PSU: EVGA 750GT 80+G | Cooling: Noctua NH-U12S in Push/Pull with Black Noctua Industrial Fans, 2 120mm Noctua Chromax Fans, and Corsair AF120 on the side panel | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 32" Samsung (of somesorts) 1920 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Mouse: Logitech M705 | Keyboard: Logitech K350 | Random: 90mm of CableMod RGB Magnetic Strips | OS: Win 11 Education x64 

32" Samsung CF397 1920 x 1080

Linux/test Box:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600  | Mobo: ASRock AB350M mATX | RAM: 2x Crucial 8 GB DDR4 = 16 GB | GPU: Asus GT 1030 | Storage: Sandisk SSD Plus 120 GB, Samsung 970 Evo 256GB SSD, 2x 2TB Seagate IronWolf NAS Drives  | Case: Cooler Master N200 mATX | PSU: EVGA 400W | Cooling: Stock Cooler and 3x Cooler Master 120mm Fans | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 34" LG 43WL500-B 2560 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Keyboard: Logitech K270 | Mouse: Logitech M185  | OS: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and Windows 10 Pro x64

13" Macbook Air M1:

CPU: Apple M1 8-Core and 7-Core "GPU"  | RAM: 8 GB DDR4  | Storage: 256 GB | Display: 2560 x1600 Retina Display | Mouse: Built-in trackpad and Logitech M557 | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: MacOS Monterey

Laptop (Acer Pedator Helios 300 2017 edition) (Don't use as much anymore since graduating college and mostly using my Macbook and HP Elitebook for Work):

CPU: i7-7700HQ  | RAM: 16 GB DDR4  | GPU: GTX 1060 6 GB | Storage: Samsung 980 500 GB SSD and Seagate 1 TB Firecuda | Display: Acer IPS 15.6" 1920 x 1080 Display | Mouse: Logitech M557 and built-in trackpad (never use lol) | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: Windows 11 Pro x64

Home Theater Setup

Computer: M1 Mac Mini w/8GB RAM and 256 of Storage (plus a external 500GB Samsung T7 for Plex) | TV:LG 4K - 55" UQ9000 LED | Speakers: Sonos Ray and 2 Sonos One SLs for Rear Surround | Media Box: Apple TV 4K | Consoles: Xbox Series S and Nintendo Switch | Mouse/Keyboard: Logitech K400 | HDHomerun Flex 4K and HDHomerun Flex Duo

Other Devices I use:

Phone: iPhone 13 Mini 128GB  | Tablet: iPad Mini 5 64GB LTE | Earbuds: Airpods 3 | Watch: Apple Watch SE 44mm

That doesn't look that bad. Just keep cables away from fans and you are good. For reference, this is my old build from 2008 (up to 2011 when I changed PSU and GPU):

valmis.jpg

(C2D E8400, Abit IP35-P, Noctua U9B original, CoolerMaster Centurio 5, CoolerMaster EarthWatts 450W, EVGA 8800GT SC... Most of these parts are currently in another CM case/PSU combo)

I don't have any inside pics of AMD64 machine which would be closer to yours with stock cooler and even older PSU.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Might not be relevant but i would also dust out the pc, the pcie slot under the gpu is cloged up with dust and the left side near the cpu is just as dusty, but if you want a rather clean look  i would try to ziptie the rear fans cables just above the gpu, try to get the main bundle of cables secured just under the dvd drive and see if you can secure the other cables somewhere in the hdd drivecage with zipties, also maybe try to bundel the gpu coolers cables  straight down instead of around the entire cooler.

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

Home Depot > Air spray cans, isopropyl alcohol, ductape.  They have cool colors now.

Also pick up a thing of liquid pllastic insulation for regular old wires.  You can use it to secure and disconnect SATA connectors.  Stock one are freakin terrible unless you're not on a budget.

While you're at the Depot, maybe pick up PlastiDip and cover the inside of your case to make it look less bad.

I built this for the sake of an artsy fartsy Crysis 3 machine at 1080 on ultra.  Want one?

send.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2017 at 10:15 PM, Moosedoctor said:

Home Depot > Air spray cans, isopropyl alcohol, ductape.  They have cool colors now.

Also pick up a thing of liquid pllastic insulation for regular old wires.  You can use it to secure and disconnect SATA connectors.  Stock one are freakin terrible unless you're not on a budget.

While you're at the Depot, maybe pick up PlastiDip and cover the inside of your case to make it look less bad.

I built this for the sake of an artsy fartsy Crysis 3 machine at 1080 on ultra.  Want one?

send.PNG

Wow thats awesome i would love to have one

Thank you - glad you liked it.  I am working on another one since yesterday.  Oh good, now I have a Luke and an Anakin.  Good color scheme, hah!.  The radiator fits Vader;s face perfectly, hahah!  I want to make more!  If you guys are interested, let me know.  Get in touch with me and I will build you one. Obviously this one is a work in progress.  I just started yesterday.  Please don't mind the darth tape.

Eren

the dark side.png

the dark side2.png

the dark side work in progress padawan.png