Mac OS to Windows - Make The Transition Easier?

DKL

My Mom is someone that is very used to Mac OS, and basically hates every other OS due to not knowing and understanding it. However, she recognizes that Macs are overpowered for her basic needs and are way out of her budget. So, I'm wondering what are some ways to make this transition for her easier when I build her a cheap PC?

Linux alternatives aren't an option as she considers regular Microsoft Office required(So No LibreOffice). She refuses to use a Hackintosh by the principle of it being against the law.

Things I'm wondering about:

Are there any ways to make the Windows experience a lot more like Mac OS?

Any ways to make it easier for her to transition to the totally new set of shortcuts?

Any list of the Mac OS Shortcut side by side with the Windows Shortcut to do the same thing? 

Anyway to disable certain shortcuts she may find annoying/useless?

Any suggestions you may have would be great!

Thanks,

~DKL~

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

You can put skins that make Windows look like MAC OS

You can have RainMeter to do that maybe

I believe AutoHotkey could also modify shortcuts for you, that program literally does everything

3 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id just get her a used macbook or mac mini. No reason to switch.

If you do switch, use win 7, and don't really change much. Just get used to stock windows. 

Understood, but neither is well priced enough for her tiny budget of $300. Also, we discussed that the main thing that has kept her to Macs is the support and reliability. Used Machines lose both, as well as the ability for ME to do anything to replace a part etc. 

Also for her needs, as I said in the PC Part List part of this project....

Which you can find over here:

"So right now my Mom made it clear that she wants a cheap PC that will do basic browsing and word processing as well as standard everyday photo editing w/ photos taken by her iPhone. She leaves a LOT of windows open. (Imagine 30 windows open at one time across an Earthlink Email application, Word, Browser, etc.)

She does NOT clean her computer at all. No file deletion to be found. She will leave random photos and emails saved everywhere because they MIGHT be useful in the distant future! Basically, ultimate hoarder. This also means that after a year of use the Email becomes sluggish when starting(she'll leave drafts open and the Earthlink Email application will open all the drafts open at once at the same time as it launches.... >.>). For this reason I opted for a 1TB Harddrive to store everything."

No used mac fits her needs adequately, certainly not at the price of $300.

So no. That's not a good option. Hence my original question.

Also, Windows 7 lost support. I don't see the reason to switch to that rather than Windows 10 o.O

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

7 minutes ago, DKL said:

No used mac fits her needs adequately, certainly not at the price of $300.

So no. That's not a good option. Hence my original question.

Also, Windows 7 lost support. I don't see the reason to switch to that rather than Windows 10 o.O

Windows 7 still has security support till 2020. Hence why many people are still using it. 

3 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

No thanks. That is NOT the objective here and is actually off topic imo. Furthermore, she would run through 4GB RAM in no time. Oh, and she doesn't trust EBay at all.

2 hours ago, refinedskillz said:

Build a hackintosh?

Linux alternatives aren't an option as she considers regular Microsoft Office required(So No LibreOffice). She refuses to use a Hackintosh by the principle of it being against the law.

Please answer the original question of this topic... >_>

1 minute ago, DKL said:

Please answer the original question of this topic... >_>

My bad didnt see that.

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

1 hour ago, DKL said:

Macs are overpowered 

that's news to me.

and while it may sound counter productive, i suggest to "dive in" and start with a "fresh" experience so to say, an experiment i did with my grandpa (who is REALLY too old to learn modern tech) is try to teach one "button" at a time, and it went surprisingly well.

so, you start with a clean desktop, a clean taskbar, tell your mom how to turn the device on and off, which if the point of senility isnt nearby should be quite fast to pick up.

then you give her a browser, her office programs in the start menu, show where documents are saved and how to access them, etc.. and if she's a fast learner, eventually teach her how to do basic maintenance to her own system (delete old files, CCleaner, manual malwarebytes scans, etc. are really not too hard for most to understand)

"she's always been used to riding a bike, you could make her car act like a bike to learn how to drive, or you could just learn her how to drive"

Thanks @manikyath! I might just do that! Hopefully we'll be able to be patient with eachother. =P