SC 2.6 new models and cinematic trailer

rentaspoon

So 2.6 is in PTU  (ALMOST ALMOST OUT) which means we get a cinematic camera, new naked male with 4k nether regions model along with a new face rig and (I think) swappable heads IIRC

Someone has done a fairly good job capturing the level of detail right down to sweat on skin and eye lashes. Thought it was good enough to post here for those that don't follow as closely as I do (looking at you @CatCloud)

Can't wait to play a game of Star Marine without it crashing :)

Also bonus clip for the new naked male reference.

21 minutes ago, ZachBrownfield said:

It's live now, anyone tried it yet? 

I've tried it from PTU 2.6.0j. It's pretty fun and Star Marine runs relatively well with some lag spikes here and there. The lag I'm not worried about because of the network improvements coming in 3.0, but the Flight Model changes are a hotly debated topic in SC circles. Some hate it, some love it. What cannot be debated is that the new FM compresses the skill gap.

I only lurk... wait a sec-...

My only two contributions to society: SC Ship Guide / Squadron Logos

4 minutes ago, Gyre-Taenn said:

I've tried it from PTU 2.6.0j. It's pretty fun and Star Marine runs relatively well with some lag spikes here and there. The lag I'm not worried about because of the network improvements coming in 3.0, but the Flight Model changes are a hotly debated topic in SC circles. Some hate it, some love it. What cannot be debated is that the new FM compresses the skill gap.

I only play from time to time but I'm looking forward to Star Marine. It's been a long road, but it looks like we're closing in on it finally. 

Nice :) 

Have not played since 2.2 though :(

I have been way to busy to play unfortunately ...

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER