Sub-forum for Sh*t-posts?

TubsAlwaysWins
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,
1 minute ago, Niemand said:

Yes.

I think it could be a fun place. No limits, except for hate speech and personal attacks.

That is the purpose of this thread

No attacking other people, no posting wildly inappropriate content, no posting anything you don't want to be on the internet forever, but otherwise you can post whatever nonsense you like.

to be honest guys, I think you should be able to shitpost in off topic

Or we could confine shitposting to this singular thread, and pin it. Rename it to "Put all your nonsense withing this Thread."

Y'know, Like Pascal was an Inside Job. 

Or 

Gordon Moore did Athlon 2. 

1 hour ago, fpo said:

Or we could confine shitposting to this singular thread, and pin it. Rename it to "Put all your nonsense withing this Thread."

Y'know, Like Pascal was an Inside Job. 

Or 

Gordon Moore did Athlon 2. 

The Chit-chat threads already is like that. Only difference being that forum CS applies. I think main thing people who want this is actually that they want place where CS wouldn't apply.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, Mug said:

There is a difference. CS still applies to off topic. If it was as you say it should be, you could have people spamming literal crap in threads that are serious but off topic, as well as hobby treads, so to call them. Imagine trolls in car thread. Then you would have to move it and make a sub forum and the whole point was? Not to mention threads that could publicly attack other members, since those will be shit posts. And you can't apply just some rules in it and others not. Just a few examples. 

I really don't see why people even want to post shit/spam on a private forum. Seriously, why? 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

2 hours ago, Mug said:

Off Topic doesn't equate to shit-posts though. It is part of the forum that basically everything should have the intention of being productive in discussion, save for status updates and the Off Topic Chit Chat thread. 

And therefore, shit-posting in the Off Topic sub-forum with the productivity goal in mind doesn't work.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

Off Topic doesn't equate to shit-posts though. It is part of the forum that basically everything should have the intention of being productive in discussion, save for status updates and the Off Topic Chit Chat thread. 

And therefore, shit-posting in the Off Topic sub-forum with the productivity goal in mind doesn't work.

Thing is that people's definition of shitposting varies. I reckon if it's an intentional shitpost, (ie: posting a meme, posting a short sentence etc) it should not be allowed but if it has actual good content which could promote a discussion it should be allowed.

Not that it matters anyway, we're talking as if off topic was moderated in a timely and effective manor.

4 minutes ago, Mug said:

it should not be allowed but if it has actual good content which could promote a discussion it should be allowed.

What is a shit-post with good content?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

4 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

What is a shit-post with good content?

(for example)

Why?

Doesn't really ask a question, doesn't really answer any questions, could've and maybe should've been reserved for a status.

I will now re-rail the thread...

Ahem.. Puppies.

1 hour ago, Mug said:

could've and maybe should've been reserved for a status.

Then it probably should be a status update. 

2 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

I really don't see why people even want to post shit/spam on a private forum. Seriously, why? 

I can't understand people who like to do that anywhere else than in FB or Twitter period. Are these same people who need to get attention all the time? Or are they the ones who /arewere too shy to be center of attention in school and now look this as opportunity to make fool out of themselves.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

17 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I can't understand people who like to do that anywhere else than in FB or Twitter period. Are these same people who need to get attention all the time? Or are they the ones who /arewere too shy to be center of attention in school and now look this as opportunity to make fool out of themselves.

Well i would add 4/8 chan there as well. And some /r perhaps. But frankly... I don't get it. I really don't have the answers you're looking for.  :P

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

2 hours ago, Niemand said:

I support this. Every house needs a toilet.

Are you suggesting that people need a shit-post sub-forum to "get it out of their system"? A toilet is a requirement for an organism. An in-house toilet isn't, but a toilet is still serving a required function for an organism. Shit-posting should not be a requirement for people. 

Edited by Godlygamer23

1 minute ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Are you suggesting that people need a shit-post sub-forum to "get it out of their system"?

Yes.

I think it could be a fun place. No limits, except for hate speech and personal attacks.

Just now, Niemand said:

Yes.

I added some additional information to my post. It may make a difference, or it may not.

1 minute ago, Niemand said:

Yes.

No attacking other people, no posting wildly inappropriate content, no posting anything you don't want to be on the internet forever, but otherwise you can post whatever nonsense you like.

HTTP/2 203

13 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Are you suggesting that people need a shit-post sub-forum to "get it out of their system"? A toilet is a requirement for an organism. An in-house toilet isn't, but a toilet is still serving a required function for an organism. Shit-posting should not be a requirement for people. 

True.

8 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

People would be able to initiate shit-threads in the shit-sub-forum.

Personally, I don't actually care, but I think it would be fun.