Verizon wont defuse the bomb. (Verizon wont kill the note 7)

alizaidi2000

Should Verizon have defused the bomb?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Should Verizon have defused the bomb?

• Yes
    • No.
    • Anybody that still uses the Note 7 deserves whats coming

1 hour ago, Trik'Stari said:

They aren't pushing the update out AFAIK. And yes, they would have to give the refund after bricking the device.

What I'm saying is that they're taking a gamble on how many phones will actually explode, and thinking "well, let's not push this out, and see how few refunds we can give out".

Samsung and the other carriers are pushing it out just not verizon.

14 hours ago, zMeul said:

opening numerous posts about the same thing is at least against the forum guidelines

"I only want discussion in my topic"- Zmeul

1 hour ago, potoooooooo said:

"I only want discussion in my topic"- Zmeul

"My topic is related therefore yours must be a duplicate thread"- Zmeul

The phone already has a lot of restrictions on it. Idk why people still use it when they can trade it in for a new phone and money. Verizon lists traveling as a reason to not cripple it yet the phone is banned on all flights so already many people traveling either have to go without a phone or use a different one (or just ignore the ban but I hope few choose that method). 

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

I don't like the force not charging of the Note 7. What is the user going to do with their files if the phone is dead, they have lost it.

Samsung fucked up, now fucking over the consumer.

Better ways of force recalling: Throttle the device down to Huawei Ascend Y201 speeds, disable the camera, limit the battery to 10% charge, Windows 10 style splashes everywhere.

Why would Verizon kill a device that could rack them more overpriced data overages? 

Doesn't make sense for verizon to do this from a business standpoint, so I'm not exactly surprised 

"Verizon will not be taking part in this update because of the added risk this could pose to Galaxy Note 7 users that do not have another device to switch to"

Well if someone has the money to shell out for this kind of phone I'm sure they can afford something to switch to real soon. I do understand the whole not doing it until after the holidays tho.

THEY CAN REPLACE IT FREE!

Sorry for caps but how dumb are those people?

"my phone might catch fire or explode and I could be hospitalized... do I want to change it for FREE...? No."

This fking logic.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

1 hour ago, blu4 said:

"my phone might catch fire or explode and I could be hospitalized... do I want to change it for FREE...? No."

This fking logic.

Some people are just ignorant towards tech news, or news in general, those people are just stupid

On 12/11/2016 at 4:31 PM, totjup5 said:

as someone still waiting on the pixel XL i pre ordered to replace my note 7 I'm glad they rejected the update, I still need a phone....

Pixel XL is a good choice for replacing, I'm using it as my replacement provided by carrier

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

People have had plenty warning, its their own fault if they don't return the phone.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

1 hour ago, sof006 said:

People have had plenty warning, its their own fault if they don't return the phone.

Exactly, they deserve whats coming

2 hours ago, JaeDee884 said:

Pixel XL is a good choice for replacing, I'm using it as my replacement provided by carrier

Verizon didn't even offer me something to use until I got my new phone.... scumbags... I know some carriers let people borrow GS7s so they didn't have to keep using the note while waiting for a new phone to arrive.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

5 hours ago, blu4 said:

This fking logic.

"Free"

They would have to either upgrade on a 2YR contract which would double their line access  from $20 to $40 or be placed on a new payment plan for the new phone which would be $20 + monthly installments depending on model--either option adds to their bill when replacing with a new device.

Not everything is black and white to make dumb accusations. Keeping the device isn't a great idea, but nothing is "free". 

On 11/12/2016 at 6:42 AM, Trik'Stari said:

My mom's three year old Garmin GPS was more accurate, more up-to-date, and more reliable.

Hmmmm...I wonder, dedicated GPS vs a phone that's a 'multi-tool'...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Hmmmm...I wonder, dedicated GPS vs a phone that's a 'multi-tool'...

"My cheese grater does a better job at shredding cheese than this butterknife"

53 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

"Free"

They would have to either upgrade on a 2YR contract which would double their line access  from $20 to $40 or be placed on a new payment plan for the new phone which would be $20 + monthly installments depending on model--either option adds to their bill when replacing with a new device.

Not everything is black and white to make dumb accusations. Keeping the device isn't a great idea, but nothing is "free". 

There was a free exchange program to swap it to an S7 + $150. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.