Dropped metal tweezers on motherboard... caused damage?

I recently opened my case to insert a PCIe USB 3.0 hub. In the process I dropped metal tweezers (was using to straighten pins on USB socket on PCIe card) and now worried I may have damage motherboard? Am I being too paranoid?

Yes. You would have to put some force on it to do any damage. Hell, I've accidentally stepped on motherboards and they're still fine. 

I've dropped a screw driver on my motherboard a few times, it's probably fine. Your only real risk is scratching a trace but you can see if there's any damage.

Have you noticed any problems?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 minutes ago, 3DGamerOnSteam said:

Yes. You would have to put some force on it to do any damage. Hell, I've accidentally stepped on motherboards and they're still fine. 

Me to slipped from a stuck intel heatsink and screwdriver right into the PCB

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

If it was on, you'd know if there was damage. If it was off, get a bright flashlight (your phone's flash is fine) and comb though the traces on the PCB. You're looking for any scratches that dug though the lacquer and exposed the copper. The flashlight makes the copper reflect back very distinctively. Albeit, i bet the tweezers weren't heavy enough to do that much damage. 

Here's a picture with exposed copper: DSCF0032-1.jpg

The thing is, the current running though a nicked trace can heat it up and eat it away more in the long rung. Over time it'll burn out altogether and stop working.

3 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Have you noticed any problems?

No problems. Everything boots up fine.

1 minute ago, LE-FISH said:

No problems. Everything boots up fine.

Then why are you worried? :P

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

If it was on, you'd know if there was damage. If it was off, get a bright flashlight (your phone's flash is fine) and comb though the traces on the PCB. You're looking for any scratches that dug though the lacquer and exposed the copper. The flashlight makes the copper reflect back very distinctively. Albeit, i bet the tweezers weren't heavy enough to do that much damage. 

The thing is, the current running though a nicked trace can heat it up and eat it away more in the long rung. Over time it'll burn out altogether and stop working.

There's no exposed copper. The tweezers are quite light so I guess nothing was damaged physically by the looks of it. I am just more worried about the fact that tweezers are metal and metal touching PCB is bad???

5 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Then why are you worried? :P

Hmm, maybe just worrying too much :/

6 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

exposed copper also doesnt really mean a failure, it's just like.. "at the edge of a failure"

it's like having your power cord frayed out to the point there's no insulation and it's just two bushes of copper near each other waiting to short out.

Just now, LE-FISH said:

There's no exposed copper. The tweezers are quite light so I guess nothing was damaged physically by the looks of it. I am just more worried about the fact that tweezers are metal and metal touching PCB is bad???

It can be bad if it was on. But if it was bad, it would have sparked and you'd know. Sounds to me that you're fine.