My Newest Build: Vidar MKII

PhantomTaco

i took apart my old 5970 to replace the rattling fan. 40 some odds screws later i just wanted to never do that again. Does the acx cooler have separate heat sinks for the vrms and memory, I couldn't seen any in the pictures from evga.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

What they have is a midplate with preapplied thermal pads to cover the vrms and memory. Let me see if I can find a photo for you, yeah here it is. On the underside of the midplate there are preapplied thermal pads that cover all the vrms etc

100-FS-2790-B9_XL_3.jpg

So clean......So Sexy....dem cables

in my basement,using a computer,staring at a 1024x768 screen

First time I've seen one of the EVGA SLI bridges in use.  Looks as good as I had imagined.  I'm so excited for the 780 price drops so I can get a second and SLI them and slap one of those bridges on.  SUPER clean build man.  Awesome work.

Eloops! My favorite fans. I'm going to get some for my 212 evo and rear fan when I have some spare $

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

First time I've seen one of the EVGA SLI bridges in use.  Looks as good as I had imagined.  I'm so excited for the 780 price drops so I can get a second and SLI them and slap one of those bridges on.  SUPER clean build man.  Awesome work.

I actually have a second one (2/3 way bridge instead of 2 way) because I've been mulling a platform upgrade, or at least a mobo change to allow for dual slot spacing between the cards, plus they look so much cooler :P.

Yeah I am using the 2/3 way evga pro bridge as well. Two slots apart isn't preferred on the EVGA dark but i'm not worried about saturating pcie 3.0 8x.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

I actually have a second one (2/3 way bridge instead of 2 way) because I've been mulling a platform upgrade, or at least a mobo change to allow for dual slot spacing between the cards, plus they look so much cooler :P.

SOOOOO much cooler.  I was kind of sad that the ACX coolers didn't have the lit Nvidia logos on the side of the card but was quite happy when I saw EVGA making those bridges.

Yeah I am using the 2/3 way evga pro bridge as well. Two slots apart isn't preferred on the EVGA dark but i'm not worried about saturating pcie 3.0 8x.

A part of me would love to make the jump to x79, unfortunately I don't like ANY of the boards out there to date. I don't like the red and black color scheme personally (no offense :P), and everything else either doesn't allow for the right spacing, has a bland color set (like the up4), or for some dumb reason has the third x16 slot in x4 (I'm looking at you Asus x79 Pro).

So I thought I'd share my most recent build, Vidar MKII.

First off a quick breakdown of the parts:

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.8ghz

Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth Z77

RAM: Avexir Core Series 4x4gb 1600mhz White LED

Cooler: Corsair H100i

Fans: 6x Noiseblocker eLoops 1600rpm

GPUs: EVGA GTX Titans with ACX Coolers @ 1153mhz

SSD: Crucial M4 256gb

HDD: 2x 2TB WD Greens, 1x WD Black, 1x Seagate Barracuda 3TB

PSU: Kingwin LZP 850W Platinum

EXTRAS: EVGA Pro SLI Bridge, custom made acrylic lightbox, Evercool 2 5.25 to 3 3.5 drive bay converter, and finally custom extensions by my good friend Jappetto over at Reddit's Cable Management subreddit (HUGE props to him for making a badass set of extensions)

And finally without further ado, pics (apologies for size if they're big and if they're sideways, dropbox is dumb like that)

attachicon.gifPhoto Oct 16, 12 36 20 PM.jpg

attachicon.gifPhoto Oct 16, 12 36 50 PM.jpg

attachicon.gifPhoto Oct 16, 12 37 18 PM.jpg

attachicon.gifPhoto Oct 16, 12 37 20 PM.jpg

attachicon.gifPhoto Oct 16, 12 37 34 PM.jpgattachicon.gifPhoto Oct 16, 12 37 37 PM.jpgattachicon.gifPhoto Oct 16, 12 37 38 PM.jpgattachicon.gifPhoto Oct 16, 12 37 45 PM.jpgattachicon.gifPhoto Oct 16, 12 37 46 PM.jpgattachicon.gifPhoto Oct 16, 12 38 02 PM.jpgattachicon.gifPhoto Oct 16, 12 38 03 PM.jpgattachicon.gifPhoto Oct 16, 12 38 39 PM (1).jpgattachicon.gifPhoto Oct 16, 12 39 16 PM.jpg

So...thoughts??

Sick! nice build!

A part of me would love to make the jump to x79, unfortunately I don't like ANY of the boards out there to date. I don't like the red and black color scheme personally (no offense :P), and everything else either doesn't allow for the right spacing, has a bland color set (like the up4), or for some dumb reason has the third x16 slot in x4 (I'm looking at you Asus x79 Pro).

Cant blame you there, the x79 field is slim pickings. I considered the asus x79 deluxe but like all Asus boards. terrible reviews on newegg. And my X58 asus board had bad ram slots, ugh. I really like the Asus WS boards like the one Linus is using.

Cant blame you there, the x79 field is slim pickings. I considered the asus x79 deluxe but like all Asus boards. terrible reviews on newegg. And my X58 asus board had bad ram slots, ugh. I really like the Asus WS boards like the one Linus is using.

Don't get me started on Asus mobos. This Sabertooth Z77 has been RMA'd about *counts* 4 or 5 times now? And the x58 Sabertooth before it was also rma'd once. That and I recently had another run in (today) where my asus wireless card decided to collide with my acx cooler and now I'm getting a replacement cooler shipped from EVGA (there was no GPU sag, nothing). The problem was that the wireless card (PCE AC66) has a (what I believe is) capacitor on the back of the pcb that juts out about 4mm. Left the house today and came back computer was off and wouldn't power on again :/.

I just dig the minimalist nature of this build. Good job mate! The black scheme with white light and fans looks tremendous.

that looks so sexy and those cables i want!

You could always contact Jappetto over on Reddit and talk to him about getting a set made. He really focuses on letting you pick what you want and showing you a made sample so you can decide how you like it. I really enjoyed working with him and his work is top notch.

You could always contact Jappetto over on Reddit and talk to him about getting a set made. He really focuses on letting you pick what you want and showing you a made sample so you can decide how you like it. I really enjoyed working with him and his work is top notch.

oh i never knew a guy actually did that awesome that would mean my next psu could be a seasonic ill look into that next time i upgrade or maybe before.

Very nice, clean build. I love the EVGA SLI bridge.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

How did you made that light ? :o it's awesome

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

Very nice, clean build. I love the EVGA SLI bridge.

Thanks! Yeah I'm really loving that bridge too!

How did you made that light ? :o it's awesome

There's actually a guide a followed lemme see if I can find it for you... http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=250217

Really not that hard to do, but it takes some accurate measuring, and someone with access to a cnc machine if needed.