[WIP] Snef's Sand of God

Snef

Very nice

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Love it. The psu sticker actually doesn't look that bad when you see the whole picture

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Hi

another update

finally not happy with cable, sleeving and length

it was Silverstone PP05 short kit but no adapted for this build

I finally went for a full custom cable

first time I do that and I like it

and the Universal Crimper sold by Dazmode.com is incredible

I made all cable with this crimper and I never crimped anything before

absolutely no error, all cable are perfect

a couple of pics

next update really soon

How my PC feels right now:

Moe-Walks-to-Rejects-Side-The-Simpson.gi

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Ooooh yummie  :D

Fractal Design Define R5 White/Window / Intel 4790K / EVGA Z97 FTW / EVGA G2 750W / Sapphire R9 390 Nitro  / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB / Corsair Force Series GT 240GB / Seagate Barracuda 2TB - HGST Ultrastar  4TB / 32GB Kingston HyperX Savage 2600Mhz DDR3 / Cryorig H7 Lumi Edt. /

dat hardware pr0n...

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I would have left the power supply plain…but thats just me. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1

Hi

I tried something today and seriously not sure

Cable lacing

for my 8 pin cpu its ok because, its the first thing we will see in windows
and with lacing, the length of 1 or 2 cable are not correct but I don't redo for sure

what do you think about cable lacing??

here a pics of my 8 pin cpu

take a lot of time

I think I will do the 24 pin but not the rest

tel me what you think

lacing_zpsc622bfdf.jpg

Thanks for your comments

My Build Logs

Snef Bloody Angel --- Sand of God --- Red Poseidon --- Purple Chimera BOTM July 26 2013 --- Icy Blue Angel BOTM May 10 2013 --- Extremmme Red DemonBOTM March 29 2013

Hi

Cable lacing

and with lacing, the length of 1 or 2 cable are not correct but I don't redo for sure

Yup, that can be tricky when you lace cables, the wire lengths need

to be right, otherwise you can run into trouble when you do bends

and it looks wrong and/or you place undue stress on the wires which

are too short to do the bend.

It took me a lot of time to get the wire lengths correct for HELIOS,

and even now they are not all absolutely perfect (but good enough ;)).

In general I prefer lacing to those plastic clip wire holders.

Also, I like the white thread you're using.

take a lot of time

The 24 pin is an excellent candidate for lacing IMO. :)

I use AW guide to do it

excellent.jpg

EDIT:

Just so that it has been said one more time: The colors in this build are

superb IMO, utterly sublime. :wub:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Another build log from Snef?!?!

happydog.gif

The dog looks High

in my basement,using a computer,staring at a 1024x768 screen

Hi

Cable lacing

take a lot of time

tel me what you think

lacing_zpsc622bfdf.jpg

Thanks for your comments

I think that cable lacing looks out of place because it adds a perpendicular line to a object that normally is seen to consist of only parallel lines (the multiple cables in a 8-pin for example). This is really a matter of opinion but I believe that it is dis-pleasing to the eye and the it stands out too much. Your call

I think that cable lacing looks out of place because it adds a perpendicular line to a object that normally is seen to consist of only parallel lines (the multiple cables in a 8-pin for example). This is really a matter of opinion but I believe that it is dis-pleasing to the eye and the it stands out too much. Your call

but the lacing keeps the cables together instead of them becoming a mess.

Single line lacing looks sweet and hey is that a sand fangrille I see  :D

Very fine.

Fractal Design Define R5 White/Window / Intel 4790K / EVGA Z97 FTW / EVGA G2 750W / Sapphire R9 390 Nitro  / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB / Corsair Force Series GT 240GB / Seagate Barracuda 2TB - HGST Ultrastar  4TB / 32GB Kingston HyperX Savage 2600Mhz DDR3 / Cryorig H7 Lumi Edt. /

Me too, hence the suggestion. Looking forward to whatever comes next.

Me too, hence the suggestion. Looking forward to whatever comes next.

Can not wait for the resevoir filled with sand! If that does happen or whatever he will do with the sand idea. But yes, this build is going awesome.. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Lolll

No sand in reservoir but have an idea

Wait and see

Yellow aurora just-for-show coolant?

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Lolll

No sand in reservoir but have an idea

Wait and see

Damnit. Now I can not wait, .. very interested to see what you come up with! ^^ 

Yellow aurora just-for-show coolant?

The mayhem pastel mix i made, you see it in this thread, same color as sleeving and fan ring

Dont forget, it will be my day to day gaming rig

My Build Logs

Snef Bloody Angel --- Sand of God --- Red Poseidon --- Purple Chimera BOTM July 26 2013 --- Icy Blue Angel BOTM May 10 2013 --- Extremmme Red DemonBOTM March 29 2013

but the lacing keeps the cables together instead of them becoming a mess.

Well made and well formed custom cables are never a mess

ok just i little video test, dont be to hard with me on this one  :unsure:
 maybe its to late but i think i will do a Video log, i hope

My Build Logs