Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent

Skiiwee29

Just picked me one up and its on its way currently. From all reviews it should be a great keyboard. I want the high end mechanical keyboards, but did not want the sound of them. Thus why I have stuck with my tried and true Logitech G15 for a coons age now... By all accounts, this keyboard should be very similar to the G15 in terms of feel and acoustics. 

Wanted to get your guys thoughts on this keyboard and if I made a good choice in my purchase to replace the... dare I say... legendary... G15 from Logitech. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

My friend has one and it's great.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

16 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Its good if you like RGB good saturated colors

there are better options if you're not into the whole "GAMING" thing

I do like the RGB as I do sometimes game in the dark for the lulz so having the color spectrum is nice to change the colors.

16 minutes ago, Enderman said:

My friend has one and it's great.

Have you tried it out personally?

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

7 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I do like the RGB as I do sometimes game in the dark for the lulz so having the color spectrum is nice to change the colors.

Yeah I used it.

It's quieter than my K95 reds with o-rings.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

27 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Have the brown switch version in front of me for the last 6months Great to type on the wrist rest is comfortable if not a touch plasticy, the cue software is pretty good to. The first thing it did was make the default preset for the back lighting always stay on its lowest as it does go stupidly bright, then set the fn key to cycle preset modes (such as resigning the f keys to their media modifiers as standard in one mode) My lighting scheme on it is pretty sedate otherwise.

Cue software uses little overhead and is pretty powerful for making macros and the like. Nice keyboard would recommend it

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

1 hour ago, it_dont_work said:

Have the brown switch version in front of me for the last 6months Great to type on the wrist rest is comfortable if not a touch plasticy, the cue software is pretty good to. The first thing it did was make the default preset for the back lighting always stay on its lowest as it does go stupidly bright, then set the fn key to cycle preset modes (such as resigning the f keys to their media modifiers as standard in one mode) My lighting scheme on it is pretty sedate otherwise.

Cue software uses little overhead and is pretty powerful for making macros and the like. Nice keyboard would recommend it

Excellent. Sounds like I made the right choice then. Had been looking at keyboards for some months now and could never find the "one". I stumbled upon the non silent one on Newegg and pulled it up in youtube and it brought me to videos of the silent one and after watching them and hearing the sound difference, i was like that sounds about the same as my current G15, I think I finally found its replacement... 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig