thankfully the t0 series cards SEEM to be creeping back down closer to msrp

i7 6700k - Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 - assorted other stuff

52 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Aye it's another useless product. 

Speak for yourself lol.

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Unless your budget is like $350-400.

270x ; performs almost the same , is used available at 60$ 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

Just now, Space Reptile said:

270x ; performs almost the same , is used available at 60$ 

What if you want to buy new? And yeah, even the 270 alone is around 8% better according to userbenchmark.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

What if you want to buy new? And yeah, even the 270 alone is around 8% better according to userbenchmark.

who buys new on a 350 budget , you get SHIT performance/$

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

who buys new on a 350 budget , you get SHIT performance/$

You get an X4 880k and an RX 460 with a PSU that's decent. Also, depending on the prices at the time, an i3 is also possible.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

You get an X4 880k and an RX 460 with a PSU that's decent. Also, depending on the prices at the time, an i3 is also possible.

i would go H81 in that range , you can start w/ a 3258 , and later go up to i3-5-7 if you desire , as much as i like amd , w/ the athlon you are at a dead stop already and upgrades are unavailable , also H81 boards are used like 20€ here , its nuts 

PSU Tier list

i would go H81 in that range, you can start w/ a G3258, and later go up to i3-5-7 if you desire, as much as i like amd, w/ the athlon you are at a dead stop already and upgrades are unavailable, also H81 boards are used like 20€ here, its nuts 

As I said, I'm sticking with new parts only. I know the G3258 is amazing but it won't run some modern games because some now require at least a quad core. (Just a little pet peeve, no need for spaces before AND after the commas, just after)

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

22 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

As I said, I'm sticking with new parts only. I know the G3258 is amazing but it won't run some modern games because some now require at least a quad core. (Just a little pet peeve, no need for spaces before AND after the commas, just after)

well lets hope Zen will have a good budget 4c then , i mean the fact that 2c is still acceptable in flipping i3´s is just stupid (did you know that every first gen I series had hyper-threading? i have an 2c/4t I3-540 here , guess what they removed the generation after that) 

PSU Tier list

With the rather mediocre upgrades among the last processor generation, this one seems to have a huge demand already.  And the benchmarks of the popular games probably explains it best: you can now run 100+ FPS on fairly cheap hardware.  So the really smooth gameplay stuff has now gone mainstream.  (Which probably means that AMD read the current market correctly, at least in the early going of this generation.)

As to used hardware, it highly depends on where you are.  Even with online sellers, there's a lot of extra risk involved.  And most people prefer a shop they can return things to.

Oh look, Luke learned how to pronounce architecture:P

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Have you guys ever considered releasing an excel spreadsheet with the formulae that you guys use to calculate price to performance so we can do it ourselves with the store prices?

So why did GPU prices literally just shoot through the roof? Just a couple weeks ago I built a new rig with an r9 390 which I got off newegg for $299 not on sale. I checked after this video and it's $399, wtf?? It seems like other cards have shot up too but I haven't checked all of them. Anyone know what's with the price hike? Glad I got it when I did. 

1 hour ago, Bouzoo said:

Oh look, Luke learned how to pronounce architecture.

arcitexture?

(Oh look it's non-native english speakers making fun of native english speakers again :P)

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

LTT reviewing a low priced GPU

LOL

What is this, 2013?

/s

Please continue reviewing budget oriented components :3

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Hey :)

Just registered on the forums to say thanks for doing the review, its really good to have a diverse range of cards to look at and evaluate :D

Why is the performance in this review so out of whack compared to other sites? Is LMG using a GTX 950 overclocked to the moon? I mean Techpowerup found an RX 460, with a little 56 MHz factory OC, exactly tied with the GTX 950. But your numbers have the GTX 950 pretty consistently well ahead.

4 hours ago, megagig said:

So why did GPU prices literally just shoot through the roof? Just a couple weeks ago I built a new rig with an r9 390 which I got off newegg for $299 not on sale. I checked after this video and it's $399, wtf?? It seems like other cards have shot up too but I haven't checked all of them. Anyone know what's with the price hike? Glad I got it when I did. 

The R9 390 is EOL so supply is drying up. That means you'll sometimes see a clearance sale as a retailer or distributor clears stock of an item, but mostly you'll see prices shoot up (or the card just going out of stock).

5 hours ago, SuperSov said:

Have you guys ever considered releasing an excel spreadsheet with the formulae that you guys use to calculate price to performance so we can do it ourselves with the store prices?

I'm actually working on something like that for my computer club.  But even then, there's no tried and true 'formula'.  Typically you'll compare benchmarks scores to price (and the street price and real performance of some GPUs may vary).  My best advice for anyone trying to save money on GPUs is just to look up reviews and consider buying used if you have a trustworthy source.

4 hours ago, megagig said:

Newegg will sometimes list 3rd party vendors, who will gouge on price if the card's stock is going down.  Pretty soon it should get replaced by the 480 entirely in retail.

Where is LTT getting their prices from? I've seen the RX 460 consistently for around $110-$120 on pcpartpicker.com. Of all of the new graphics cards, the RX 460 seems to be priced closest to it's actual MSRP.

http://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#sort=a8&page=1&c=377

rx460pricing.png

Edited by WEEEEEE
Grammar.

May Our Framerates Be High And Our Temperatures Be Low.

PSUs: EVGA B2/G2/GQ/GS, Corsair RMx/i, Grey-Label CXM, Everything Seasonic/Delta/Super Flower, XFX except XT

Use pcpartpicker.com

12 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

I would buy older graphics cards with similar performance if they didn't use up as much power since I won't want to have to pay extra for a PSU for that (gonna salvage the 300W one on this Vostro). I would also buy a GTX 750 Ti or a GTX 950 if they had Saints Row 2 on GeForce Now, which will never be the case.

Linus' earrings suit him

Please check out this thread: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/659360-saints-row-2s-features/

Rizen and Vehga 2017

42 minutes ago, WEEEEEE said:

Where is LTT getting thier prices from? I've the RX 460 consistently for around $110-$120 on pcpartpicker.com. Of all of the new graphics cards, the RX 460 seems to be priced closest to it's actual MSRP.

http://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#sort=a8&page=1&c=377

rx460pricing.png

Tbh he's just complaining about the specific card he had... on Amazon.

24 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Wow... butthead. 

But there's a reason why to save up some more cash and grab a better product. The RX 460 is a product that should not be bought since you can pick up a better card for just a little bit more money. Also the MSRP that retailers will never hit makes the graphic card less valuable. Besides a $100 is dollar GPU is as good as throwing your money down the toilet.

Because everyone can't allocate more on computer hardware.

The 460 is a fine card, just like how the 750ti was for all these years.