Modern Internal Card Reader...with a Floppy

I'm looking for something a bit unique today everyone. I have four unused 5.25 drive bays. I've settled on a very nice Blue-Ray Burner for the first, a feature full fan controller for the second, a compartment for sensitive electronic information storage items for the third, and an internal card reader for the fourth....with a floppy disk drive. I have used up my one USB 3.0 header on my Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 already and so I would prefer one without USB 3.0. Heck, I don't even know if I have 2.0 slots left on that board. All I really want is something that can read and write SD card (and variants) and floppy that functions in a 5.25-inch drive bay that can communicate with this motherboard. Extra card formats that the item can read and the lack of redundant features like USB ports and fan controls are nice bonuses. I already suspect that the answer is going to end up being "it doesn't exist" but I've decided to make this post in case someone surprises me. I'm not new to the computer world (or this neck of the woods) but I want to know if I just happened to miss some, "diamond in the rough". Thanks for any help you can provide.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Unfortunately, in pictures not present on this particular listing I saw before that this drive has a slot in the back for PATA which is, unfortunately, not a misspelling of SATA. A reviewer I saw in double checking this said it best as the top comment here: https://www.google.com/shopping/product/184878602252977842?q=Bytecc+BT-146&rlz=1C1GNAM_enUS676US676&oq=Bytecc+BT-146&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3j69i61.1491j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&prds=hsec:online&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwidtKnPvKfPAhXJYyYKHZQ4DvsQviQIggE . Regardless, thanks for trying to help.

2 minutes ago, Sirgeorge said:

Unfortunately, in pictures not present on this particular listing I saw before that this drive has a slot in the back for PATA which is, unfortunately, not a misspelling of SATA. A reviewer I saw in double checking this said it best as the top comment here: https://www.google.com/shopping/product/184878602252977842?q=Bytecc+BT-146&rlz=1C1GNAM_enUS676US676&oq=Bytecc+BT-146&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3j69i61.1491j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&prds=hsec:online&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwidtKnPvKfPAhXJYyYKHZQ4DvsQviQIggE . Regardless, thanks for trying to help.

Oops. Missed the fact it still uses the old PATA connector for the FDD. You're going to be out of luck with this one. Personally, I;d just buy an external usb floppy drive and just make floppy images using WinImage or MagicISO. Most programs like 7zip/winrar/winzip can open .IMG floppy files. Mounting them is a bit harder, but you can mount floppy images in virtualbox/vmware for running older OSes in a virtualized environment.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

https://www.amazon.com/UNIWENT-SATA-5-25-Cable-Adapter/dp/B000YJBL78/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1474703077&sr=1-5&keywords=pata+to+usb

pata to usb, a little modding and an internal usb header and itll fit.

EDIT: it's at this point i remember pata is not 34pin floppy....sorry

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

I know of the external USB floppy drives. If I don't find an internal one (again, I'm just trying to see if the collective internet can pull a solution out of its ass) then I'll get one for the floppy and an internal card reader for everything else. It would be cool to see something that worked in the fashion that I wanted.