Good chair and desk?

OnionRings

Wasn't sure where to post this I know there's a peripherals section but does that count desk and chairs? Anyway a staff member can move it if they'd like, the point of this post is to ask around for a decent desk and chair that won't run me 500$ each, maybe 500-ish for both (preferably less). I want a chair comfortable enough to sit in for like 4 hours or more at a time with no butt hurt (I get enough of that being on the internet) and no muscle or bone pains, obviously a swivel rotation height adjustment all those bells and whistles, and for the desk I would prefer a decent sized (length) desk with plenty of room for 2 monitors and my PC and also room for junk & peripherals. :)

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

2 minutes ago, OnionRings said:

at a time with no butt hurt (I get enough of that being on the internet)

lol. I suggest custom making a desk.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

Just now, RGProductions said:

Too lazy but thanks for the idea. I had already thought about that but im not very crafty with wood that isn't my own. ;)

CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

1 minute ago, OnionRings said:

Too lazy but thanks for the idea. I had already thought about that but im not very crafty with wood that isn't my own. ;)

then something from ikea for the desk will probably allow you to put in enough cash to get a high end chair.

Just now, RGProductions said:

then something from ikea for the desk will probably allow you to put in enough cash to get a high end chair.

I figured ikea but I kinda wanted suggestions, have any? If not thats fine I can give it a browse, I've just never shopped furniture before.

CPU

Just now, OnionRings said:

I figured ikea but I kinda wanted suggestions, have any? If not thats fine I can give it a browse, I've just never shopped furniture before.

yeah, I would really put a lot into chair. I like the SÄLJAN countertop with the ADILS legs.

49 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

You need not be very good with wood (pun intended), I manufactured a piece of 5ply wood to adapt to one of those gawd awful corner desks. Allowing me to spend more on a chair with correct functionality.

• height adjustment to suit my leg length (most chairs have this)
  • backrest adjustment to suit my body build (most chairs have this)
  • proper seat base tilt which not only lowers (tilts) the front of the forward giving more adjustment for touching the ground with your feet, but also tilts the base backward past the upright (cheap chairs lack this feature). This feature allows you to vary / change the point of contact with the base and your "sit" bones. An area of fatigue (due to lack of blood flow) often overlooked leading to ongoing problems especially as we are spending more of our lives in the seated position!

student_corner_hutch.jpg

Links:

Hutch image is one of wood mine is the cheaper white melamine version

Ergonomic Principles and Checklists for the Selection of Office Furniture and Equipment (an old Australian standards PDF -1991- but has some useful tips and a check list)

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

2 hours ago, Bhav said:

Ikea desks are cheap? That Sajan tabletop is more expensive than their others:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S39932623/

That would do and get something like a fancy DXRacer chair.

That would work yea, its cheap but its got plenty of space as long as its strong and reliable.

CPU

Linus has reviewed a few chairs over the years, maybe check those out? :)

"Always forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." John F. Kennedy

"Daddy is going on a dangerous mission to shoot his employees." Linus Sebastian

"It's soft, but in a good way, kinda like typing on boobs." Luke Lafreniere

BEKANT desks from IKEA are great. They're not that expensive, come with a 10 year warranty and are height-adjustable. They are also available in a variety of colors/finishes, shapes and sizes. Here is the dimensions of their biggest offering in a regular rectangular shape: 

Length: 63 ", Depth: 31 1/2 ", Min. height: 25 5/8 "

Length: 160 cm, Depth: 80 cm, Min. height: 65 cm

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S79022792/#/S19022808

Here's a picture of what a setup looks like on a BEKANT desk: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cfm_PESUIAEM5k6.jpg:large

There should be enough room for 2 monitors, your PC plus junk & peripherals.

PS: The monitor in the picture is 27''.

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

15 hours ago, SydneySideSteveSomewheres said:

I would recommend spending a fraction more and instead of buying a PVC plastic chair go with a mesh one as they are more comfortable...

[https://www.amazon.com/LexMod-Articulate-Black-Office-Chair/dp/B006IY89ZA/ref=pd_sim_sbs_196_9?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Y2X1RTVNR32TC2P83P8G]

My previous chair was PVC plastic (pretend leather) and I prefer the mesh backed one every day I sit in it!!

I have one similar to that now and it kills my back, you can feel the metal back bars through the mesh.

CPU

True the chair I have is not perfect either, but as far as what I was trying to put forward before. The spend for a chair that raises the ergonomic level and within that the healthier option looking towards a more sedated "seated" life before the computer, has increased with each purchase. My next chair will have more features not less, and I expect it to cost more too.

35 minutes ago, SydneySideSteveSomewheres said:

True the chair I have is not perfect either, but as far as what I was trying to put forward before. The spend for a chair that raises the ergonomic level and within that the healthier option looking towards a more sedated "seated" life before the computer, has increased with each purchase. My next chair will have more features not less, and I expect it to cost more too.

I just want something that is so comfortable I wont need to get up and walk off butt or back pain, also something that wont give me terrible arthritis at 40

CPU