Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

I have created the room, can I put the discord link here?

Meh... i wish someone will find solution :( having this problem since 2017.. 

31 minutes ago, Temo Kobakhidze said:

any news?

wdym any news this problem exist since 2013 ?

Check my video in the first 10-12 sec you can see after maybe becouse of the fast movement youtube makes it hard to see it but check the mill wooden boards the trees and grass.

I just tried Death Stranding and... Nothing new to say, sorry. FXAA does zero difference and there are jaggies everywhere, TAA is a little better, but still has a lot of visible jaggies. DLSS also doesn't help a lot, difference between TAA and DLSS is minimal. No amount of DLSS, DSR and/or render increase removes jaggies.

There is also some kind of weird shimmering/blinking on all the elements of the UI, main menu, icons, text etc.

EDIT: I've been watching some DS videos and noticed some interesting details.

As example, here is some older video from PS4 version of the game by theRadBrad. Skip to 14:45. Pay attention to the women's black jacket. Anti-aliasing looks totally normal for me. No visible jaggies.

Now here is a video from a PC version of the game. Same scene, at 13:19, look at the jacket. Some weird shimmering/moire effect on the jacket. I also had the same weird effects in the same scene when I played the game. Another good spot to see some crazy aliasing is at 20:55, where you can see a lot of flickering/shimmering in the background of the cutscene. theRadBrad video also has same jaggies in the same scene.

PC version. 13:25. Same jacket scene. No moire effect.

Conclusion: Looks like this issue depends on device. Some devices has this problem, while other devices has less or no problems at tall.  And some people just doesn't care about this issue or doesn't consider this as issue at all. Don't forget that there is also a huge possibility that this issue also affects video content too and that we... or should I say I see these AA problems in videos because I'm "affected". To someone who is not "affected" both videos could look normal and without any visible issues.

3 hours ago, Asasinas said:

I just tried Death Stranding and... Nothing new to say, sorry. FXAA does zero difference and there are jaggies everywhere, TAA is a little better, but still has a lot of visible jaggies. DLSS also doesn't help a lot, difference between TAA and DLSS is minimal. No amount of DLSS, DSR and/or render increase removes jaggies.

There is also some kind of weird shimmering/blinking on all the elements of the UI, main menu, icons, text etc.

As example, here is some older video from PS4 version of the game by theRadBrad. Skip to 14:45. Pay attention to the women's black jacket. Anti-aliasing looks totally normal for me. No visible jaggies.

Now here is a video from a PC version of the game. Same scene, at 13:19, look at the jacket. Some weird shimmering/moire effect on the jacket. I also had the same weird effects in the same scene when I played the game. Another good spot to see some crazy aliasing is at 20:55, where you can see a lot of flickering/shimmering in the background of the cutscene. theRadBrad video also has same jaggies in the same scene.

Conclusion: Looks like this issue depends on device. Some devices has this problem, while other devices has less or no problems at tall.  And some people just doesn't care about this issue or doesn't consider this as issue at all. Don't forget that there is also a huge possibility that this issue also affects video content too and that we... or should I say I see these AA problems in videos because I'm "affected". To someone who is not "affected" both videos could look normal and without any visible issues.

It is not platform dependent. Yes that pattern is visible.it can be different from device to device, which means another ps4 could have same issue that this one hasn't and as shown another pc could not have these issues. So it is all about whether your device is affected or not, not about what your device is. Plus it might not be a problem at all that moires pattern , I am especially worried about jaggies and shimmerings

The first pc video is 1080p which has the effect while the second is in 4k. 

The ps4 also 4k maybe that is why we see  the problem becouse its 1080p?

Okay then it might be that at 4k the problem is minimised but never really gone

On 7/17/2020 at 6:04 AM, Asasinas said:

nope, the shimmering is also present on non affected PCs, i asked my friend to watch it from his non infected pc, and he said he feels it too

On 7/16/2020 at 2:52 PM, HieiHUN said:

Check my video in the first 10-12 sec you can see after maybe becouse of the fast movement youtube makes it hard to see it but check the mill wooden boards the trees and grass.

What game is this?

This problem destroyed my gaming life still no solution. I had to uninstall every game because they looked like shit. Started noticing 3 years ago. When i bought a new pc and played gta 5 for the first time. I was trying to see how good the graphics are that's when i started noticing. I wish i hadn't looked at graphics so closely because after that i started seeing this problem everywhere. In my old pc, in my friends pc, mobile games. I visited a friend and he was happily playing foroza horizon 4 without noticing any problems but i was sitting beside him and graphics were looking shitty to me (same problem). I asked him can u see the graphics problem? He said what graphics problem i don't see any. I told him to look closely and pointed my finger at the problem and after that he wished i have never told him. He started seeing this problem everywhere like me. Same case with me. I remembered that there was no problem in my old pc when i used to play gta sanandreas when i was 10 years old. Luckily i had my old cpu stored, i turned it on played sanandreas and i was shocked even that game had the problem it was looking like shit everything flickering lines moving forward and backwards 

I contacted nvidia most of the replies i got were bullshit drivers reinstall windows reinstall change display and stuff i had already tried all that but one member of the nvidia customer care said that shimmering is a brain glitch. I don't know what he meant by that but it kind of makes sense because my friend's don't notice the problem in theri or my pc unless i tell them and also why there is no solution and nvidia is not aware of this problem 

Why don't you try to connect the PC screen to that of a laptop that doesn't have this problem?

2 hours ago, Honeysingh01 said:

This problem destroyed my gaming life still no solution. I had to uninstall every game because they looked like shit. Started noticing 3 years ago. When i bought a new pc and played gta 5 for the first time. I was trying to see how good the graphics are that's when i started noticing. I wish i hadn't looked at graphics so closely because after that i started seeing this problem everywhere. In my old pc, in my friends pc, mobile games. I visited a friend and he was happily playing foroza horizon 4 without noticing any problems but i was sitting beside him and graphics were looking shitty to me (same problem). I asked him can u see the graphics problem? He said what graphics problem i don't see any. I told him to look closely and pointed my finger at the problem and after that he wished i have never told him. He started seeing this problem everywhere like me. Same case with me. I remembered that there was no problem in my old pc when i used to play gta sanandreas when i was 10 years old. Luckily i had my old cpu stored, i turned it on played sanandreas and i was shocked even that game had the problem it was looking like shit everything flickering lines moving forward and backwards 

I contacted nvidia most of the replies i got were bullshit drivers reinstall windows reinstall change display and stuff i had already tried all that but one member of the nvidia customer care said that shimmering is a brain glitch. I don't know what he meant by that but it kind of makes sense because my friend's don't notice the problem in theri or my pc unless i tell them and also why there is no solution and nvidia is not aware of this problem 

For me it is an interference / electrical problem that does not let you see the exact image of your screen of your TV, phone etc ...

14 hours ago, Rylex said:

What game is this?

SWORD ART ONLINE Alicization Lycoris

3 hours ago, Sanspooky said:

For me it is an interference / electrical problem that does not let you see the exact image of your screen of your TV, phone etc ...

How you can capture a gameplay with this problem with recording program like Fraps and other recording programs.

2 hours ago, Strider890 said:

How you can capture a gameplay with this problem with recording program like Fraps and other recording programs.

I captured mine with the nvidia built in software u can record the last 3 minutes just set the bitrate higher.If i watch it on my pc this video clear but youtube blurs it or i dont know this is my first video i uploaded ever just to show u guys hoping someone can help 🙂.   And again this game is SWORD ART ONLINE Alicization Lycoris maybe someone can check if theirs looks like mine.

)

3 hours ago, HieiHUN said:

I captured mine with the nvidia built in software u can record the last 3 minutes just set the bitrate higher.If i watch it on my pc this video clear but youtube blurs it or i dont know this is my first video i uploaded ever just to show u guys hoping someone can help 🙂.   And again this game is SWORD ART ONLINE Alicization Lycoris maybe someone can check if theirs looks like mine.

)

Opss I wanted to say it is not a monitor problem because you can capture this problem with recording program like Fraps and other recording programs.

P.S You know what I mean right.

Why linus don't make video about that, this topic is 4 years old and it's still active

19 hours ago, Temo Kobakhidze said:

Why linus don't make video about that, this topic is 4 years old and it's still active

everyone mention linus on twiter, and also join this discord group everyone

https://discord.gg/bsxz6N

On 7/23/2020 at 9:27 AM, Alastor_Pride said:

We are collecting people with this problem on a discord server to further disseminate information in an attempt to get help from more influential people and companies.
Welcome!
https://discord.gg/7PqpgK

Invitation expired, make permanent invitation