Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

Uploaded few new videos. Before watching, please keep in mind that YouTube greatly reduces the visibility of the problem. Fullscreen is recommended while watching.

Total War: Three Kingdoms has crazy flickering on various objects with TAA.

Amnesia: Rebirth in open and lit spaces looks very bad. But since most of the game is set in dark places, AA issues are tolerable.

Remnant: From the Ashes has flickering on various edges, but it's tolerable.

DISCLAIMER: This is NO core fix, but it will make your gamer life a bit more enjoyable.

I have this problem since a few years, and my routine "solution" is to fight every symptom of this illness one by one, because finding the source is impossible. That means: Shimmering? Try arround the light effects, use other AA methods either via game settings or Nvdia controll panel.

Bad/No AA? Use NVDIA Control Panel AA

Edgy/Pixellated Shadows? Look for special shadow options / fixes for the particular game, sometimes there sadly is none. Then try to ignore it or refund the game. (don't get too angry, it wont help either)

Bad colours? Use reshade and try arround with the settings.

I play currently Sekiro with control panel AA and its working fine.

And a last hint: Use a screen with a good Resolution - Screen Size relation. It hides the issues a bit.

Only HDD with AMD Driver

Ekran Görüntüsü (156).png

SSD (Windows Installed) and HDD, AMD Driver NOT installed.

Ekran Görüntüsü (3).png

After AMD Driver installed

Ekran Görüntüsü (5).png

12 hours ago, ddlunato said:

Only HDD with AMD Driver

Ekran Görüntüsü (3).png

Ekran Görüntüsü (5).png

what are you trying to say?

13 hours ago, ddlunato said:

Only HDD with AMD Driver

Ekran Görüntüsü (3).png

Ekran Görüntüsü (5).png

r u sure about that ?

because i have already tried to run games on a clean windows (windows driver auto update ) and the problem didn't fixed 

that means it is not related to drivers 

also tried many versions of every single driver....

12 hours ago, adarsh_techTips said:

what are you trying to say?

I think there is a problem with drivers. When i uninstall gpu driver video looks better.

11 hours ago, ixDriger said:

r u sure about that ?

because i have already tried to run games on a clean windows (windows driver auto update ) and the problem didn't fixed 

that means it is not related to drivers 

also tried many versions of every single driver....

If the problem goes away when I uninstall the driver, then there is definitely a problem with the driver. I could not try in the game because the games run with 1 fps without driver. How did you run the games?

I uninstalled the driver with the DDU program.

4 hours ago, ddlunato said:

I think there is a problem with drivers. When i uninstall gpu driver video looks better.

If the problem goes away when I uninstall the driver, then there is definitely a problem with the driver. I could not try in the game because the games run with 1 fps without driver. How did you run the games?

I uninstalled the driver with the DDU program.

oh i have ryzen cpu but my gpu is 2060s

i meant that i deleted amd chipest driver 

Can u share the link of the video??

i really want to try that on my pc with/without gpu driver 

22 minutes ago, ixDriger said:

oh i have ryzen cpu but my gpu is 2060s

i meant that i deleted amd chipest driver 

Can u share the link of the video??

i really want to try that on my pc with/without gpu driver 

Windows HD Color Settings

image.thumb.png.9b90b93bd25746a63fd4c596141e1763.png

• 3 weeks later...

All you people still thinking its driver or software, if that were the case, how come this issue can infect consoles too such as PS4 and even phones? Btw around two weeks ago i bought a completely new PC, everything new. This time i plugged it into a different electrical outlet but it didnt fix it for me. So im giving up. Buying a new PC was my last try. However playing games such as Resident Evil 2 Remake etc where you play mostly indoor maps, its not as noticable as in open world games. Also in Detroit: Become Human i also barely notice it somehow. Its still there but not as noticable in some games. Nor do i have these extreme jagged edges and shadows, my main problem are extreme texture pop ins. Nothing else bothers me.

Edit: Also i must add that since im using a good SSD now its slighly better as it used to be using a HDD. The pop ins after loading time are shorter lol but still there, i got used to it now. I dont game as often anymore anyways. Furthermore when i tried the first game i made sure to not quit the game and play for 1 or 2 hours because i remember last time it was installing Far Cry 5 which caused it for me. But not initially, only after closing and re-opening the game. That i know for certain, thats at least how it started for me. Now im really not sure, cant say for certain but i think these issues manifested themselves for me again after closing and opening a game. The first time i played it for 1-2 hours without closing it, i was paying extra attention to the graphics and didnt notice anything, i thought i got it fixed but as soon as i re-opened the game, the issues were there again. I dont know man, its just too weird and im giving up. I will check this thread every 2-3 months but i wont get my hopes up.

I have been having exactly the same problem in Monster Hunter World, Pillars of Eternity and Minecraft. Texture/shadows/object flickering, shakiness etc. Tried a couple of Windows versions and various Nvidia drivers (9700K and 1660Ti). I even tried the iGPU, but it's still the same. From what I've read it seems to be related to Windows at this point as it's affecting a wide variety of devices with different hardware. I have the newest version but at some point it worked fine on 1809 if I recall correctly, but not in the following 19xx versions up till now. Do you have a discord group?

15 hours ago, Sharpman85 said:

I have been having exactly the same problem in Monster Hunter World, Pillars of Eternity and Minecraft. Texture/shadows/object flickering, shakiness etc. Tried a couple of Windows versions and various Nvidia drivers (9700K and 1660Ti). I even tried the iGPU, but it's still the same. From what I've read it seems to be related to Windows at this point as it's affecting a wide variety of devices with different hardware. I have the newest version but at some point it worked fine on 1809 if I recall correctly, but not in the following 19xx versions up till now. Do you have a discord group?

yes here is the link

https://discord.gg/2NZGae5g

17 hours ago, Gatekeeper432 said:

All you people still thinking its driver or software, if that were the case, how come this issue can infect consoles too such as PS4 and even phones? Btw around two weeks ago i bought a completely new PC, everything new. This time i plugged it into a different electrical outlet but it didnt fix it for me. So im giving up. Buying a new PC was my last try. However playing games such as Resident Evil 2 Remake etc where you play mostly indoor maps, its not as noticable as in open world games. Also in Detroit: Become Human i also barely notice it somehow. Its still there but not as noticable in some games. Nor do i have these extreme jagged edges and shadows, my main problem are extreme texture pop ins. Nothing else bothers me.

Edit: Also i must add that since im using a good SSD now its slighly better as it used to be using a HDD. The pop ins after loading time are shorter lol but still there, i got used to it now. I dont game as often anymore anyways. Furthermore when i tried the first game i made sure to not quit the game and play for 1 or 2 hours because i remember last time it was installing Far Cry 5 which caused it for me. But not initially, only after closing and re-opening the game. That i know for certain, thats at least how it started for me. Now im really not sure, cant say for certain but i think these issues manifested themselves for me again after closing and opening a game. The first time i played it for 1-2 hours without closing it, i was paying extra attention to the graphics and didnt notice anything, i thought i got it fixed but as soon as i re-opened the game, the issues were there again. I dont know man, its just too weird and im giving up. I will check this thread every 2-3 months but i wont get my hopes up.

come join our discord server 

https://discord.gg/2NZGae5g

On 11/9/2020 at 7:09 AM, adarsh_techTips said:

bro why dont you join the discord server, i also want to ask you some questions, being in the group would be a lot easier.... mention any one of the admins or the guy 'Zan' and tell him your problem .....here is the link https://discord.gg/Zsdke5qH

sorry i've been off for a while, ican't use the discord link anymore, it says "invite invalid", can i get a new one?

Holy Shit guys, i somewhat narrowed it down. It is a 100% electricity / interference related. Naysayers go away because i got proof now. I knew it was either electricity related or some type of virus due to the fact that it behaves like a virus as in it spreads and infects (other devices as well such as TVs, consoles, phones etc, not just PC's). Its a 100% NOT software, nor hardware related but in fact a 100% electricity / interference related aka dirty electricity.

https://greenwavefilters.com/dirty-electricity/

Quotes:

"Once created, this unusable dirty electricity spreads throughout a building and even to other buildings via wiring and power lines."

That proves the virus spreading-like behaviour that i kept noticing affecting other devices over time. And for those who tried two different PC's using the same electrical outlet where one PC had the issues and the other not, and using it as proof to rule out electricity, turns out that it actually takes time for the healthy PC to manifest the same issues, and depending on the severity of dirty electricity present in a house it may take longer until these issues start to manifest themselves, which is exactly what i and many others have witnessed and experienced countless times by now. It also proves all the countless cases of friends plugging their healthy PC into an infected electrical outlet and voila their PC had become infected too, taking this issue home. Some guy on page 118 or so (cant remember) reported that he moved places and the issues persisted but then few days later automatically got fixed by itself, if he was telling the truth, it proves that it cannot be anything else but dirty electricity. It also proves that this dirty electricity can somehow linger and be somehow stored in the system / components, and the time it took to fix itself proves that it takes time to flush out the dirty electricity somehow, thats my theory but its defintely dirty electricity because the noise demonstrated in the video by the Greenwave Dirty Electricity EMI Meter is the same noise i can hear with my bare ears when having headphones plugged in, i can sometimes even hear it at night very subtle while laying in bed when its night and very quiet, which means the dirty electricity must be quite high in my house, especially since i actually suffer from "some" of the health issues listed.

Around 3-4 weeks ago i bought a new PC (i knew it wouldnt fix it, bought it because i needed a new one anyway) and it temporarily fixed it, i was so happy, but then after only few hours of gaming i started to notice the texture and shadow pop ins / low draw distance manifesting again, but again only after closing and reopening the game, which is something many have reported. Few days later it actually got worse, so it definitely fluctuates and gets worse over time depending on how strong the dirty electricity may be in your house. And now it reached a point where it turned to shit again, shitty enough to a point where its just too distracting and noticable, ruins gaming entirely for me. And like i said i actually do suffer from "some" of the health issues mentioned on the site above.

"Dirty electricity can interfere with the proper functioning of appliances and electronic equipment, a phenomenon known as electromagnetic interference or power line EMI. Today, when an electrical device draws power from a building’s wiring, its not only getting the standard AC electricity it needs as initial input, but also the erratic spikes and surges of energy (i.e., the dirty electricity) also present on the wiring."

The article in the link goes on to explain how this dirty electricity actually makes a noise, which is amplified by the meter.

"The meter converts dirty electricity frequencies into representative sound so you can listen to the electrical noise on your wiring when the meter is plugged in. Hear the noise decrease as dirty electricity filters are installed."

Thing is i can actually hear exactly this noise without a meter when i have headphones plugged in, just not as loud but same exact noise. Sometimes its stronger, sometimes not so much but is usually always present and on some days not. And up until now i never knew where it came from or what it was, now i know, its dirty electricity / interference. So my first question is, has anyone tried a Broadband EMI Meter yet such as those listed on the site?

I know this is true now because one of my electricial outlets seems to emit more dirty electricity than others. My laptop is plugged into the electrical outlet that seems to emit more dirty electricity and i even have jaggies when i move around a simple window in windows. While i do have extreme slow draw distance and jaggies / aliasing issues etc on my brand new desktop PC, its not as bad, and outside of gaming, for instance when i move a window around it does not show the jaggies as is the case on my laptop. Thats more proof of fluctuations.

Many LED light bulbs apparently produce dirty electricity according to the link which many months ago i reported here about an incident i had with installing new LED light bulbs in my home. The proof adds up.

Im planning to test this with a meter and if it really turns out to be dirty electricity im willing to test the filters being sold on that site, but before i do i wanted to ask if this has been tried before? But all the evidence so far points to exactly that, dirty electricity / interference. Naysayers and ignoramuses who havent read the entire thread go away. It is electricity. Period. I can now safely rule out the virus theory which i kept holding on to, because as the article explains, dirty electricity spreads, as well as to other buildings etc which is why our other devices got infected too.

PS: It also proves why moving to other places seems to have worked for very few. It proves "bearhuggers" story (think that was his name) and how it temporarily fixed it for him by moving his PC downstairs or upstairs (cant rememeber which one). It cannot be anything else, everything has been tried already for years and all the real evidence points to the culprit being dirty electricity / interference.

So has anyone tried a Broadband EMI Meter yet such as those being sold on that site?

15 hours ago, Gatekeeper432 said:

Holy Shit guys, i somewhat narrowed it down. It is a 100% electricity / interference related. Naysayers go away because i got proof now. I knew it was either electricity related or some type of virus due to the fact that it behaves like a virus as in it spreads and infects (other devices as well such as TVs, consoles, phones etc, not just PC's). Its a 100% NOT software, nor hardware related but in fact a 100% electricity / interference related aka dirty electricity.

Quotes:

"Once created, this unusable dirty electricity spreads throughout a building and even to other buildings via wiring and power lines."

That proves the virus spreading-like behaviour that i kept noticing affecting other devices over time. And for those who tried two different PC's using the same electrical outlet where one PC had the issues and the other not, and using it as proof to rule out electricity, turns out that it actually takes time for the healthy PC to manifest the same issues, and depending on the severity of dirty electricity present in a house it may take longer until these issues start to manifest themselves, which is exactly what i and many others have witnessed and experienced countless times by now. It also proves all the countless cases of friends plugging their healthy PC into an infected electrical outlet and voila their PC had become infected too, taking this issue home. Some guy on page 118 or so (cant remember) reported that he moved places and the issues persisted but then few days later automatically got fixed by itself, if he was telling the truth, it proves that it cannot be anything else but dirty electricity. It also proves that this dirty electricity can somehow linger and be somehow stored in the system / components, and the time it took to fix itself proves that it takes time to flush out the dirty electricity somehow, thats my theory but its defintely dirty electricity because the noise demonstrated in the video by the Greenwave Dirty Electricity EMI Meter is the same noise i can hear with my bare ears when having headphones plugged in, i can sometimes even hear it at night very subtle while laying in bed when its night and very quiet, which means the dirty electricity must be quite high in my house, especially since i actually suffer from "some" of the health issues listed.

Around 3-4 weeks ago i bought a new PC (i knew it wouldnt fix it, bought it because i needed a new one anyway) and it temporarily fixed it, i was so happy, but then after only few hours of gaming i started to notice the texture and shadow pop ins / low draw distance manifesting again, but again only after closing and reopening the game, which is something many have reported. Few days later it actually got worse, so it definitely fluctuates and gets worse over time depending on how strong the dirty electricity may be in your house. And now it reached a point where it turned to shit again, shitty enough to a point where its just too distracting and noticable, ruins gaming entirely for me. And like i said i actually do suffer from "some" of the health issues mentioned on the site above.

"Dirty electricity can interfere with the proper functioning of appliances and electronic equipment, a phenomenon known as electromagnetic interference or power line EMI. Today, when an electrical device draws power from a building’s wiring, its not only getting the standard AC electricity it needs as initial input, but also the erratic spikes and surges of energy (i.e., the dirty electricity) also present on the wiring."

The article in the link goes on to explain how this dirty electricity actually makes a noise, which is amplified by the meter.

"The meter converts dirty electricity frequencies into representative sound so you can listen to the electrical noise on your wiring when the meter is plugged in. Hear the noise decrease as dirty electricity filters are installed."

Thing is i can actually hear exactly this noise without a meter when i have headphones plugged in, just not as loud but same exact noise. Sometimes its stronger, sometimes not so much but is usually always present and on some days not. And up until now i never knew where it came from or what it was, now i know, its dirty electricity / interference. So my first question is, has anyone tried a Broadband EMI Meter yet such as those listed on the site?

I know this is true now because one of my electricial outlets seems to emit more dirty electricity than others. My laptop is plugged into the electrical outlet that seems to emit more dirty electricity and i even have jaggies when i move around a simple window in windows. While i do have extreme slow draw distance and jaggies / aliasing issues etc on my brand new desktop PC, its not as bad, and outside of gaming, for instance when i move a window around it does not show the jaggies as is the case on my laptop. Thats more proof of fluctuations.

Many LED light bulbs apparently produce dirty electricity according to the link which many months ago i reported here about an incident i had with installing new LED light bulbs in my home. The proof adds up.

Im planning to test this with a meter and if it really turns out to be dirty electricity im willing to test the filters being sold on that site, but before i do i wanted to ask if this has been tried before? But all the evidence so far points to exactly that, dirty electricity / interference. Naysayers and ignoramuses who havent read the entire thread go away. It is electricity. Period. I can now safely rule out the virus theory which i kept holding on to, because as the article explains, dirty electricity spreads, as well as to other buildings etc which is why our other devices got infected too.

PS: It also proves why moving to other places seems to have worked for very few. It proves "bearhuggers" story (think that was his name) and how it temporarily fixed it for him by moving his PC downstairs or upstairs (cant rememeber which one). It cannot be anything else, everything has been tried already for years and all the real evidence points to the culprit being dirty electricity / interference.

So has anyone tried a Broadband EMI Meter yet such as those being sold on that site?

i really wish this was it, but im really skeptical cause i have moved three houses, and have stayed for around 3 years at each house, and it didnt seem to go away, and i have tried flushing  the cmos as well although i re-connected my computer right after i flushed out the whatever electricity it had before.. 

join the discord group https://discord.gg/2ZcK6w7p.... i think the emi meter you mentioned has been done already, there is  one discord group dedicated to it, i cant give you the invitation link here, cause the guys there strictly told me not to... join our group and message yak4100 or microsoftOffice2007 and ask for the link

one thing i have noticed is that it usually happens when the screen goes off and on again, or when you close and open the game, mine happened when i was on my  ps3 and my tv reset its settings and turned itself off and on again, which i programmed my tv unintentionally, was one of the features of the tv, nothing wrong with that

anyways join the our group or if youre already in it ask yak or microsoft2007 for the link 

19 hours ago, Gatekeeper432 said:

Quotes:

Too much writing :D .Join to Jagged Life where we can discuss about this problem at peace

I just tried Cyberpunk 2077. Nothing new to say. DLSS has a lot of AA issues, there are many jagged/vibrating lines on various objects.

TAA looks way better. There are still jaggies and the game condition is still far from perfect, but at least it's tolerable.

Still bad for me

Edited by DaveThomas
Drinking and typing

do you guys feel that games are not smooth even with high and stable FPS ?

in my case i don't have only AA and pop ins issue

my games also are unplayable on 60fps ... i need to get 90 fps at least if i want to get a playable experience 

• 2 weeks later...

嗨,我是来自中国的玩家。不久前,我也有这个问题。不仅我,而且我的许多朋友都建立了一个小组来解决这个问题 这个问题太难了!

Okay guys, I found this thread with 150 pages and I think it's related to my issue or pretty much is what I'm getting. I freshly bought my 3080 paired with a MSI X570 Meg ACE and a Ryzen 9 5900x. First I got my hands on the 3080 Tuf OC which I then moved into my old PC which was an Intel 6700k and some old MSI board which I don't recall the name of. Issues started from there and I had really bad LOD issues where everything from shadows, lights, texture and even entire objects were popping on right infront of me. So has there been any fix for such problems? I pretty much got details on it by randomly googling which had me worrying really bad. I will attach the screens I took from people who apparently could nail it down and fixed it. I will also join you guys in discord and try my luck there but I'm actually starting to lose hope from now on. 

The first one being: 

toll.thumb.png.5865b870d2515c21f16c463bf3cdccfb.png

Second one: 

toll2.thumb.png.fbd2a84d83848d1ae633f55a90a9557f.png

What do you guys think of that? I just paid big money for my parts and I can't really just go out and buy everything new which people are suggesting. I also hardly doubt it's power related since I live here for like 7 years now I think and in 7 years never had that issue with my old setup: 6700k+980 Ti but as soon I changed my gpu to a 3080 it started happening even when I swapped my 6700k to a 5900x and I also tried putting in my old 980 Ti paired with the 5900x and the issue didn't go away. So whatever combination I tried it didn't work.