Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

Have same issue since 2 months. It appeared overnight:

https://streamable.com/0paz27

CS:GO is not smooth anymore however I am playing @ 240Hz and 300+ fps. Same with other games like Witcher 3, FarCry 5. Looks like AA is not working at all and edges are tearing and jagged. Even in such a stupid 2D game like Worms while I was moving camera I felt like it's 60Hz. I've tried different GPU and it was the same. OS format - no any changes.

Here's PUBG:

https://streamable.com/is0sbz

Few months ago it was silk smooth, no stutters, everything so sharp and responsive.

Desktop:

https://streamable.com/j2kxa6

It's on god damn 240Hz and cursor i jumping, stuttering. Additionally inverse ghosting is visible.

To be honest I lost hope and I have no idea what is wrong. I feel like I am fucking cursed. Really.

5 minutes ago, a_c_r_e_a_l said:

Have same issue since 2 months. It appeared overnight:

https://streamable.com/0paz27

CS:GO is not smooth anymore however I am playing @ 240Hz and 300+ fps. Same with other games like Witcher 3, FarCry 5. Looks like AA is not working at all and edges are tearing and jagged. Even in such a stupid 2D game like Worms while I was moving camera I felt like it's 60Hz. I've tried different GPU and it was the same. OS format - no any changes.

Here's PUBG:

https://streamable.com/is0sbz

Few months ago it was silk smooth, no stutters, everything so sharp and responsive.

Desktop:

https://streamable.com/j2kxa6

It's on god damn 240Hz and cursor i jumping, stuttering. Additionally inverse ghosting is visible.

To be honest I lost hope and I have no idea what is wrong. I feel like I am fucking cursed. Really.

I watched them from my mobile and no problem but if i watch on my pc i see them. Its really strange and thats why it is so hard to find solution becouse i think only those see the problem on  videos games...  who has this problem maybe thats why nvdia or other companies cant help becouse they just dont see it no matter if we all see the edges vibrating and shimmering... 

18 minutes ago, HieiHUN said:

I watched them from my mobile and no problem but if i watch on my pc i see them. Its really strange and thats why it is so hard to find solution becouse i think only those see the problem on  videos games...  who has this problem maybe thats why nvdia or other companies cant help becouse they just dont see it no matter if we all see the edges vibrating and shimmering... 

Exactly, I see so many people complaining, especially on blurbusters, reddit, comments in youtube and still noone is able to fix it. Everybody become paranoid. I am starting to believe, that nvidia and amd are doing on purpose crappy drivers and force us to buy another GPU or CPU or whatsoever.

I can 100% guarantee that the issue can be seen both in video games and video content. Can someone test this with an onboard gpu?

22 minutes ago, VincentArogya said:

I can 100% guarantee that the issue can be seen both in video games and video content. Can someone test this with an onboard gpu?

I can guarantee this aswell. Screen quality is awful on desktop and in games. Is somehow rasterized, streaking. 240Hz looks like 60Hz.

1 hour ago, a_c_r_e_a_l said:

I can guarantee this aswell. Screen quality is awful on desktop and in games. Is somehow rasterized, streaking. 240Hz looks like 60Hz.

me too 144hz like 60hz and awful quality and textures 

I understand that the "virus" cannot be so universal as to infect so many components, but if it is not electricity are there any other variants? 

5 minutes ago, Alastor_Pride said:

I understand that the "virus" cannot be so universal as to infect so many components, but if it is not electricity are there any other variants? 

It is interesting theory that is some kind of virus. I checked my PC with bitdefender and it found nothing. Who knows, maybe it's more complex than we think.

But I think that if it were a virus, then the problem would be widespread. 

I have a very important question...

Did someone try another pc in another house (like your friend pc or in a pc store) and noticed the problem on that pc ?? 

i mean are you sure that you can see the problem only on your own computer ?

34 minutes ago, ixDriger said:

I have a very important question...

Did someone try another pc in another house (like your friend pc or in a pc store) and noticed the problem on that pc ?? 

i mean are you sure that you can see the problem only on your own computer ?

Yes. It's only on my computer. If i bring my PC on another house, the problem is still there. 

I've read somewhere, about Nvidia cards, that could a problem related to the L2 Cache of the GPU, being stuck or something.

15 minutes ago, hellgatsu said:

Yes. It's only on my computer. If i bring my PC on another house, the problem is still there. 

I've read somewhere, about Nvidia cards, that could a problem related to the L2 Cache of the GPU, being stuck or something.

You may be right

"Imagine running a game such as GTA V. The first time you run it the settings are usually set on lowest meaning no AF or AA, low shadow resolution and distance. So the NvAPI takes these settings and unloads them into the L2 Cache of GPU so that the Stream-multiprocessors can read them and when ever you exit the game NvAPI should force the GPU to flush the settings by writing Global Settings into the cache area. For some reason it's stuck. It can happen when you change a setting by dramatically tuning it up and the variant is not fast enough to rewrite. Now the settings cannot be verified by any variant in order to be flushed. The only way to fix this is to find the way to flush the cache and unload a clean NvAPI into the cache. Now this also answers why this happens again when you insert new parts into the PC and that is because the drivers always keep the same buggy variant in their backup files and loads it into memory if its missing. It also works the other way, if you reinstall the drivers, it automatically reads the variants setting from the cache and make a copy of the variant. In order to fix it we have to unlock the resources and unload a variant . However we have no idea how to do that atm."

2 hours ago, a_c_r_e_a_l said:

You may be right

Well, I got my GPU RMAed but I am not sure whether it's different GPU or the same GPU that has be repaired. However, the serial number is different. Additionally, I also changed my entire PC from an Intel kit to AMD kit. The problem still persists. Earlier, I had an older Dell monitor with 900P resolution. All games looked sharp and properly anti-aliased. No popping, low textures or low draw distance. Then I had a power failure and my PC restarted. 

Now with the same monitor, I had jaggies all over in all games. Then, I changed the monitor and monitor cables, issue did not resolve.

Then, I changed the PSU, it did not fix the issue wither.

Then, I changed the HDD, did not fix either.

Installed an SSD, issue persists.

Upgraded RAM, issue persists.

Changed the whole processor kit, issue seemed to have fixed for one day, but then it was same all over again the next day.

I haven't tried using the onboard GPU yet.

On the intel machine, some games were properly anti-aliased on on-board GPU (SOMETIMES)

So, I am all confused. I have to try a new GPU to see if the issue persists.

7 hours ago, hellgatsu said:

I think this is due to the GPU cache, if people still have this problem after replacing the components. 

But the fact that the flicker returns after replacing after a while on new pc is of interest. 

The question is whether the problem persists on other computers not at home, if you put absolutely any hardware from the "infected" pc in them. 

Edited by Alastor_Pride
Error

7 hours ago, hellgatsu said:

GPU L2 cache is volatile, it should get flushed on power cycle. Easy to debunk this theory imo.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

3 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

GPU L2 cache is volatile, it should get flushed on power cycle. Easy to debunk this theory imo.

But it's very interesting, I found that same theory last night.
THe problem could be exactly that the L2 Cache doesn't flush anymore.

I have a question: do you have also a sort of mouse shadowing on the desktop? If i move the mouse fast enough i can see 3 or 4 mouse pointers at the same time. I have a 1440p 75hz monitor and i don't remember this before i encountered our problem.

I still think it's driver related, I remember having the same problem years ago on some old Geforce 710 (or was it a 210?) and it disappeared AFTER i upgraded the GPU drivers with a more modern GPU.  Problem is, now I already tried everything related to the AMD drivers, tried clean install of various last year drivers, tried clean reinstall of latest drivers, still have the same problem.

Another thing I noticed is I used to see casual 100% usage spikes of the GPU while idling, those are gone now.

1 hour ago, hellgatsu said:

If i move the mouse fast enough i can see 3 or 4 mouse pointers at the same time.

Yes, and that's normal. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 hour ago, hellgatsu said:

But it's very interesting, I found that same theory last night.
THe problem could be exactly that the L2 Cache doesn't flush anymore.

I have a question: do you have also a sort of mouse shadowing on the desktop? If i move the mouse fast enough i can see 3 or 4 mouse pointers at the same time. I have a 1440p 75hz monitor and i don't remember this before i encountered our problem.

I still think it's driver related, I remember having the same problem years ago on some old Geforce 710 (or was it a 210?) and it disappeared AFTER i upgraded the GPU drivers with a more modern GPU.  Problem is, now I already tried everything related to the AMD drivers, tried clean install of various last year drivers, tried clean reinstall of latest drivers, still have the same problem.

Another thing I noticed is I used to see casual 100% usage spikes of the GPU while idling, those are gone now.

Dude is not a driver problem, as I have repeated many times I have this problem on all my TVs, phones and consoles is a much bigger problem that appears so at random in many cases it appeared when one changes their video card with a more performing one

7 minutes ago, Sanspooky said:

Dude is not a driver problem, as I have repeated many times I have this problem on all my TVs, phones and consoles is a much bigger problem that appears so at random in many cases it appeared when one changes their video card with a more performing one

In my case, was the opposite. It disappeared when i upgraded with a better GPU, years ago. Now it appeared randomly, the only piece of hardware i changed was an SSD with a fresh windows 10 install. A not cracked one, so that's why I think it's some update/driver related. Because with the cracked version of Windows 10 i couldn't upgrade the GPU drivers, and everything worked perfectly.
Also, I don't really think that the mouse stuff is normal. I never noticed it on this PC since i built it last summer.

2 hours ago, hellgatsu said:

In my case, was the opposite. It disappeared when i upgraded with a better GPU, years ago. Now it appeared randomly, the only piece of hardware i changed was an SSD with a fresh windows 10 install. A not cracked one, so that's why I think it's some update/driver related. Because with the cracked version of Windows 10 i couldn't upgrade the GPU drivers, and everything worked perfectly.
Also, I don't really think that the mouse stuff is normal. I never noticed it on this PC since i built it last summer.

Those object popping in Rainbow Six Siege are normal. Even I was confused whether was it happening to me only. However, my friend confirmed via discord livestream that it's the game's fault. The real issue however is that how come AA is not applied anymore and how the LOD dropped so low?

2 hours ago, hellgatsu said:

The thing with the mouse cursor really is normal. The higher your refresh rate is the less you'll notice it but it's always there

Hello, I have had the problem for 2 months, it took me all night to read the article, after 4 years there is still no solution. We have to start from scratch and think about how it happens. We all have the same problem, so it must have happened through an event that we all had.

I'll start!

about 4 months ago i had a power repair that was announced and was done at night. 2 months later we had a power failure in the square below that affected the shops and our internet. so far my pc was running. after about 1 week, i pulled my pc from the power to clean it under my table. whether I noticed it afterwards, but 2-3 days later I felt the change in the games.

has someone already handed over the pc for repair? would otherwise consider this

Just now, Skillex1 said:

Hello, I have had the problem for 2 months, it took me all night to read the article, after 4 years there is still no solution. We have to start from scratch and think about how it happens. We all have the same problem, so it must have happened through an event that we all had.

I'll start!

about 4 months ago i had a power repair that was announced and was done at night. 2 months later we had a power failure in the square below that affected the shops and our internet. so far my pc was running. after about 1 week, i pulled my pc from the power to clean it under my table. whether I noticed it afterwards, but 2-3 days later I felt the change in the games.

has someone already handed over the pc for repair? would otherwise consider this

This is already something me and you have in common. My house for sure don't have state of the art electrical situation, is a quite old house. 
And not too much time before i noticed this problem I have pulled off the PC from the plug to install a new SSD. Electrical failures?

3 hours ago, hellgatsu said:

This is already something me and you have in common. My house for sure don't have state of the art electrical situation, is a quite old house. 
And not too much time before i noticed this problem I have pulled off the PC from the plug to install a new SSD. Electrical failures?

I called electrician to check condition of electrical installation in my flat. He came with Multifunction Electrical Instalations Meter (Sonel) and he showed me that sinusoide in my outlets is perfect, I have no noises, current parameters are stable and short circuit loop impedance is fine. I think it's caused by my hardware but proving it will be expensive.

33 minutes ago, a_c_r_e_a_l said:

Ich rief einen Elektriker an, um den Zustand der elektrischen Installation in meiner Wohnung zu überprüfen. Er kam mit einem Multifunktions-Elektroinstallationsmessgerät (Sonel) und zeigte mir, dass Sinusoide in meinen Steckdosen perfekt ist, ich keine Geräusche habe, die Stromparameter stabil sind und die Impedanz der Kurzschlussschleife in Ordnung ist. Ich denke, es liegt an meiner Hardware, aber es wird teuer, zu beweisen, dass es teuer ist.

okay let's assume that it has nothing to do with the power line, but it can't be hardware because people report that the new hardware has the same error. idk i try to contact the days nvidia and tell them about our problem