What psu (fully modular) do i need to run 2 GTX 1070 G1 gameings from gigabite?

Its all in the title. I need yall to recommend me a fully modular psu capable of powering two of the gigabite G1 gameing 1070s. ATX form factor. H440 is my case. 

12 hours ago, AwesomeElite said:

Its all in the title. I need yall to recommend me a fully modular psu capable of powering two of the gigabite G1 gameing 1070s. ATX form factor. H440 is my case. 

This is a great tool by Cooler Master to calculate your needs. You didn't put your specs so I couldn't do it for you, but it's just a fill in format so youll be fine. I would say 850W since you want a SLI setup.

http://www.coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

4 minutes ago, TheRedViper said:

This is a great tool by Cooler Master to calculate your needs. You didn't put your specs so I couldn't do it for you, but it's just a fill in format so youll be fine.

http://www.coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/2rKMZ8 it would help me out a ton if you did it for me, but ill try it out myself

12 minutes ago, AwesomeElite said:

The 650W G2 you linked from PCPP will be fine.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

4 minutes ago, Jonnyswboy said:

I would really not recommend SLI to anyone. I would stick to one 1070 or a 1080.

I cant get a 1080 RN but if i wait it will be like A 4 MONTH wait. im going from Xbox360 to pc and want sick AF performance but alsa at reasonable price, you know, something around a small loan of a million dollars.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/2rKMZ8 it would help me out a ton if you did it for me, but ill try it out myself

I just did it for you and it says youll use about 680W so they recommend a 734W (so a 750W)

12 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

The 650W G2 you linked from PCPP will be fine.

650W will be way too short, you need to give yourself a few extra Watts over your usage as a safety mesure. 

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

3 minutes ago, AwesomeElite said:

I cant get a 1080 RN but if i wait it will be like A 4 MONTH wait. im going from Xbox360 to pc and want sick AF performance but alsa at reasonable price, you know, something around a small loan of a million dollars.

You could buy an 1070 then sell it and buy the 1080ti when it comes out. Or just wait....

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

If you're good at something, never do it free.

2 minutes ago, TheRedViper said:

I just did it for you and it says youll use about 680W so they recommend a 734W (so a 750W)

650W will be way too short, you need to give yourself a few extra Watts over your usage as a safety mesure. 

thanks so much bro 

2 minutes ago, TheRedViper said:

650W is definitely plenty.

5960X heavily overclocked and two 1070s would be fine on a 550W.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_1070_2_way_sli_review,4.html

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

3 minutes ago, AwesomeElite said:

thanks so much bro 

Don't listen to him, he's using calculators which spout BS numbers that wildly overestimate how much power systems use. The G2 650W is completely fine, that's the recommended wattage for 1070s in SLI for normal CPUs like yours and not the crazy overclocked 5960X that Guru3D used that would still be fine on a 650W.

1 minute ago, AwesomeElite said:

did i mention im running three monitors?

Your PSU and monitors are not connected, don't worry about wattage there. Monitors draw from your wall, not your PSU.

In fact, don't listen to HIM. You always need to add some extra Watts because bottlenecking a PSU is bad. A GTX 1070 SLI setup draws about 325W alone. It's true that a 650W could be fine, but you would be safer with a 750W and for like an extra 20 bucks I wouldn't mind it just to be sure I don't have problems.

7 minutes ago, TheRedViper said:

In fact, don't listen to HIM. You always need to add some extra Watts because bottlenecking a PSU is bad. A GTX 1070 SLI setup draws about 325W alone. It's true that a 650W could be fine, but you would be safer with a 750W and for like an extra 20 bucks I wouldn't mind it just to be sure I don't have problems.

The PSU is not going to be bottlenecked, that's definitely not an issue. 

Realistically, with how power efficient the pascal stuff is, and especially considering the gigabyte G1 cards come with single 8 pin power, you could easily get by in your system with 500W-600W (even under max load)

That being said, for the sake of power efficiency, and headroom, its not a bad idea to get more than that. especially for power efficiency. Getting a PSU like an 800W would allow you to never have to worry, and bring your power consumption down to a more reasonable point in the power curve.

The EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W should be plenty for your needs. However looking at PCpartpicker, stepping up to a 750W G2 is like 7 bucks (after mail-in-rebate). Probably a good investment to make just for the sake of power efficiency. It also gives you additional cables and headroom in case you ever wanted to upgrade to 2 cards with double 8 pin at some point in the future.

EVGA G2 series 750W an above.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

The whole efficiency thing doesn't really save you a lot of money, especially if you use the PC as normal home users do. I would save the extra 20 dollars now rather than the 20 over 4 years. Also, not all PSUs have a peak efficiency at 50%, they just have to achieve a certain percentage efficiency under that load to get an 80 PLUS rating they're after

@Zyndo since quoting is borked

I mean, we all agree a good 650W would be able to do it, but I strongly recommend adding an extra 20 bucks and going for a 750W and don't even bother wondering about efficiency or can I add this, etc. At the end of the day, it's up to him.

1 hour ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Your PSU and monitors are not connected, don't worry about wattage there. Monitors draw from your wall, not your PSU.

i was just saying i wasn't arguing i know that they draw power from my wall 

2 minutes ago, AwesomeElite said:

i was just saying i wasn't arguing i know that they draw power from my wall 

Yeah, that's all right, I was just pointing out that you don't need to worry about extra power draw from your PSU. As long as you aren't trying to play games with triple 4k monitors then two 1070s is fine.

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Yeah, that's all right, I was just pointing out that you don't need to worry about extra power draw from your PSU. As long as you aren't trying to play games with triple 4k monitors then two 1070s is fine.

imma be selling my 27ich 60hz 4K monitor for some 144hz 1080p ones

1 minute ago, AwesomeElite said:

imma be selling my 27ich 60hz 4K monitor for some 144hz 1080p ones

You'll be fine then.