Solid, long-lasting gaming keyboard with Cherry MX Browns,

Azortharion

So after reading out and about for a pretty long time, I've decided to get rid of my rubber-dome Lycosa and get a new keyboard.

I type a -lot- and I play games that require me to smash keys (MMO's) a LOT, and the general consensus around here is that the Browns fit that specification well, but what keyboard should I get?!

Doesn't have to be backlit but it's a plus. $110 budget, might go a little higher.

Corsair Vengeance K90 maybe?
Rubber domes.

That's what I've been considering, but K90's have Red and not Brown switches. I hear that Reds are very uncomfortable to type on.

Also they are not rubber dome keyboards like Toby said.

While they may not be rubber dome keyboards, they contain plenty of them. Considering you mentioned MMOs, I'm assuming you'd get a fair amount of use from the macro keys - all of which are rubber domes. If you press escape to close a window? Rubber dome. If you alt+F4 out the game? Rubber dome. A lot of MMOs also use the function keys to select group members, so again, you'll be pressing rubber domes.

I use Reds and while they're not uncomfortable to type on they are indeed.. Unique, linear yet lightweight makes for a very unusual typing experience but it's nothing you can't get used to.

I have a Logitech G710, and I'm loving it. Like you asked, it has browns. It also has macro keys, a decent program for macros, dedicated media controls, it comes with rubber noise damperners, comes with an arm rest, and has backlighting. Great keyboard, I would suggest it to anyone.

--

​AMD 965 BE

​Asus M4A87TD Evo

Radeon 6950

​8GB Corsair Dominator

​

I would suggest any of the following:

Ducky Shine II (my personal choice very solid almost no flex)

Filco Majestouch

Cooler Master CM Storm Trigger

Cooler Master CM Storm Quickfire Rapid/Pro

Das Keyboard Model S Professional

Logitch G710+

give a man a gun he robs a bank, give a man a bank he robs the world

Logitech G710+ and CM Storm Trigger are my favourites in the cherry mx brown switches.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

If you really don't want rubber domes go for a Black Widow (one of the only mechs I know of with full mech macros and function keys [not a rubber dome on the thing]). However those only come in Blues...

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

Logitech G710+ is your best bet. I have one and it's amazing, feels great to type on and playing games is a breeze. You can see in some of Linus' videos he also uses a G710+.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Decided to get a Storm Trigger, red LED's, brown switches.

Thanks very much for all the feedback, you all guided me on different searches for the ultimate keyboard.

I initially wanted the Ducky Shine II but I really wanted some kinda wrist-rest (alá Razer Lycosa which I have now), and the Storm Trigger delivered just that and has super favorable reviews, too. :)