What to do after build?

Telebubbies

Hey guys! I just finished my build. the MSI LED on the GPU lights up, the fans spin and everything when I turn my PC on now.

I have my DisplayPort for the monitor connected to the Motherboard. My current monitor does not have a DVI port so I cannot connect it into my GPU. So when I turn my system on, nothing happens on the monitor.. I can hear the fans spinning and the LED light is showing, but nothing is happening to the monitor..

How can I resolve this?

When I am done with this, I would like to install Windows. I have the disc and license code ready.. How can I do this also?

Thanks in advance!

First get the display working.

To install windows is pretty easy, you put the disk in, open the boot menu, select your disk, then follow the instructions to install windows.

As far as the display goes, you need to connect it to the GPU, your MOBO probably disables your iGPU when a discrete card is installed. Does your GPU not have Display Port?

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

buy an adapter for video, HDMI VGA?

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

pull out the graphics card and try again, if still nothing reseat ram, beyond that good luck

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

6 minutes ago, HPWebcamAble said:

First get the display working.

To install windows is pretty easy, you put the disk in, open the boot menu, select your disk, then follow the instructions to install windows.

As far as the display goes, you need to connect it to the GPU, your MOBO probably disables your iGPU when a discrete card is installed. Does your GPU not have Display Port?

It has 2 DVI ports. It is a MSI GTX 970 

The MSI GTX 970 has one DisplayPort (also one HDMI and two DVI) on it, and you should connect it to that. As previously stated, your motherboard most likely disables the iGPU, so plugging a cable into the motherboard will not display anything. 

1 minute ago, HamsterBurglar said:

The MSI GTX 970 has one DisplayPort (also one HDMI and two DVI) on it, and you should connect it to that. As previously stated, your motherboard most likely disables the iGPU, so plugging a cable into the motherboard will not display anything. 

Omg!! Sorry! It is 1 AM for me! I mean a VGA! My monitor has a VGA!

Sorry about that!

I don't know if MSI gives you one, but I know that for my EVGA 970 it came with a DVI to VGA adapter. It should be inside the box your GPU came in.

1 minute ago, HamsterBurglar said:

I don't know if MSI gives you one, but I know that for my EVGA 970 it came with a DVI to VGA adapter. It should be inside the box your GPU came in.

my strix did not :(

so his may not either

44 minutes ago, KSores said:

my strix did not :(

so his may not either

The Strix is made by Asus... which is not MSI.

My 970 Twin Frozr came with a with a DVI to VGA adapter that looked like this:

Adapter_DVI_to_VGA.jpg

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

7 hours ago, Telebubbies said:

Omg!! Sorry! It is 1 AM for me! I mean a VGA! My monitor has a VGA!

Sorry about that!

Every single GPU comes with VGA to DVI adapter.

As for installing Windows. Do you have disc drive?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv