DIY Testbench

But if it takes 2 hours, is it really free?

There really should be some decent ones for a good price out there though.  He's right, it is ridiculous.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

There really should be some decent ones for a good price out there though.  He's right, it is ridiculous.

By LTT forum logic you even get paid for it, because planning and building PCs is fun and exciting.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

1 minute ago, MrSuperb said:

By LTT logic you even get paid for it, because planning and building PCs is fun and exciting.

well he would have gotten paid for it, since he was working for 2 hours :D  hence not free... for Linus :P 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

No, it's not. But unless you're valuing your time at $50/hour or more it's still efficient.

Free in terms of materials but $200 worth of tools (file, circular saw, angle grinder, drill, screw driver)...Well done. Next video should be how to build a free house and just 3D print the whole thing and forget about the fact that to get a 3D printer of that size costs 100s of thousands of dollars.

9 minutes ago, PGTechTips said:

I did something similar, except I added a shell and I use it as a NAS and home entertainment center.

You have 1 hard-drive in your NAS?

3 minutes ago, Riyyi said:

You have 1 hard-drive in your NAS?

At the moment. I have another one just haven't installed it yet(plan on doing a type manual backup described in DIY Perks video.) I don't have enough data for more than 4tb at the moment.  

2 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

im more worried about the heatsink :P

I have my Cpu overclocked 1ghz and it stays under 50c under load. Cooler is fine. It performs about as good as my 212evo.

This is my Own Attempt @Slick @nicklmg

Imgur Album Link: http://imgur.com/a/zWokI

Zhkb5VX.jpg

LqUeG0M.jpg

Thanks for the Inspiration Luke!

PS: I got to keep ALL the IO, meaning I have instant access to x2 USB 2.0 ports mic in and audio out and power/reset switches on all my test bench projects!, Also the photo above makes it look like the Motherboard try is bent, But it's not... Weird angle I guess.

If anyone wants to know what steps I took or how I i manged to make this "beast" just ask ill be happy to tell.

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

Case: Coolmaster CM690III, Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR, CPU: I5 6600K 4.6Ghz, OS: Windows 10 HP 64 bit, RAM: X1 8GB G.Skill DDR4, GPU: Galax GTX 960 (Overclocked), Storage: Kingston V300 SSD 120GB(OS), X2 1TB 5400RPM HDD, 500GB Samsung 7200RPM HD, PSU: Cougar RS 750 Watt, Peripherals: Logitech G910 Orion Spark,  World Of Tanks Edition 2014 DeathAdder Razer Mouse And Mouse Pad, Sennheiser HD 518. , Palsonic tftv6042fHD, Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers

My DIY Testbench

I built this one before the video came out and its completely out of wood.

I used old hardware and still missing a CPU, Harddrive, RAM, Power supply and maybe a graphics card.

P.s.: I´m 15 and from germany.

IMG_3218.JPGIMG_3220.JPG

13 minutes ago, GATB_LTT said:

My DIY Testbench

I built this one before the video came out and its completely out of wood.

I used old hardware and still missing a CPU, Harddrive, RAM, Power supply and maybe a graphics card.

P.s.: I´m 15 and from germany.

IMG_3218.JPGIMG_3220.JPG

Is that the retail anti static bag you have sitting underneath the motherboard? I so. remove it...

The outside of an static bags are not resistant to electrostatic discharge, and booting up with it sitting under the board could destroy your rig,

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

Case: Coolmaster CM690III, Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR, CPU: I5 6600K 4.6Ghz, OS: Windows 10 HP 64 bit, RAM: X1 8GB G.Skill DDR4, GPU: Galax GTX 960 (Overclocked), Storage: Kingston V300 SSD 120GB(OS), X2 1TB 5400RPM HDD, 500GB Samsung 7200RPM HD, PSU: Cougar RS 750 Watt, Peripherals: Logitech G910 Orion Spark,  World Of Tanks Edition 2014 DeathAdder Razer Mouse And Mouse Pad, Sennheiser HD 518. , Palsonic tftv6042fHD, Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers

Built this beauty, only spent 30 bucks on a evga 600W psu. Intel Q6600 core 2 quad, 4 GB DDR2, 750GB laptop hard drive, 1TB desktop hard drive, and a GTX 770 that a buddy of mine just gave me because it had overheating issues (turned out it just needed new thermal paste) I call this the Garbage Can PC. Built it from spare parts lol

image.jpeg

not completely testbench but I don't swap hardwares everyday anyway.

I only use USB and other ports frequently, so I rotated the case to where my hand can easy access :D

Complete free mod for me tho

DSC_1886.JPG

DSC_1887.JPG

DSC_1888.JPG

Dammit guys, now I have to make my own test bench. 

I was hoping to get a BBQ going this weekend but it looks like I'll be spending this Saturday with an angle grinder and a can of spray paint ._.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

2 hours ago, Mcmole said:

Is that the retail anti static bag you have sitting underneath the motherboard? I so. remove it...

The outside of an static bags are not resistant to electrostatic discharge, and booting up with it sitting under the board could destroy your rig,

No it is just some foam to protect the back

24 minutes ago, GATB_LTT said:

No it is just some foam to protect the back

All good:) Just wanted your hardware safe:P Looks good by the way:)

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

I've just built a DIY Testbench like two weeks ago :D

I had an old (realy old) Computer Case layin' 'round and thought: "man I realy need one of those fancy Testbenches for myself".

And well..... I think it turned out quite good even though I don't have a PSU and HDD mount yet nor a bottom plate.

My DIY Testbench even has a HDD LED, Power LED and power switch.

what do you guys think?

IMG_20160506_142025.jpg

IMG_20160506_142049.jpg

40 minutes ago, Dr.Fr4nk3n5731n said:

I've just built a DIY Testbench like two weeks ago :D

I had an old (realy old) Computer Case layin' 'round and thought: "man I realy need one of those fancy Testbenches for myself".

And well..... I think it turned out quite good even though I don't have a PSU and HDD mount yet nor a bottom plate.

My DIY Testbench even has a HDD LED, Power LED and power switch.

what do you guys think?

IMG_20160506_142025.jpg

IMG_20160506_142049.jpg

Neat diy bench