Pixelated Shadows,Texture Pop Ins,Low Draw Distance in all games

Just now, SpeedUp10 said:

Sry im new to this LOD Bias thing, i cant take anything out of ur Screenshot :S

Could u explain what i have to do and what its telling me acutally.

8 minutes ago, ElijahDar said:

Guys, I've been doing a research the past days. The only thing I found that was close to my kind of problem was the LOD Bias stuff. I know this is an old theory and it doesn't make sense why would system mess with the LOD Bias given the fact that changing parts and nuking partitions wont fix it. But for me it's definitely LOD Bias. I suggest you guys try this as well. It wont hurt. just remember to post screen shots of your test. Im gonna start with mine:

Download "D3D AF Tester" and play with LOD Bias (Take it to -8) and post a screenshot. also post your generated mipband. Please help me research this.

Heres Mine:

Capture.PNG

Ill do it tomorrow

11 minutes ago, SpeedUp10 said:

Can u post ur screenshots here, I also play pokemom go so i cann tell u

IMG-20160722-WA0009.jpg

12 minutes ago, SpeedUp10 said:

Sry im new to this LOD Bias thing, i cant take anything out of ur Screenshot :S

Could u explain what i have to do and what its telling me acutally.

I may be wrong but LOD Bias is telling the GPU how much AA or AF apply to objects and textures depending on their distance from the screen.

All you have to do to help my research is to download D3D AF Tester (http://www.3dcenter.org/dateien/dateien/d3d-af-tester.zip)

Open it and set The settings like mine (in the screenshot) also try playing with LOD Bias slider and see how it works for you but at the end put it on -8 and click "Start". A windows will open and try to render the tunnel. After it's done click "Stop" and a bmp picture called "mipband" will be generated. open it up and take a screenshot

14 minutes ago, Zemzemma said:

Screenshot_2016-07-22-23-54-27.png

Srsly bro thats totally normal. I've seen that on more than 10 devices (my friends) the only reason your friends is better it's because the blur effect on the picture that gets applied when being transferred thru text or imessage. but thats totally normal.

23 minutes ago, Zemzemma said:

Screenshot_2016-07-22-23-54-27.png

Bro the game looks normal for me, my game literally looks like the same, and i defently dont have any Issue with my phone. Im seeing the jagged edges a bit but thats normal.

so what was the last thing you have done before this issue occured.

i was trying some enb settings with Elder Scrolls Online, tried some gpu overclock and I had miner virus, i reinstalled windows in couple of minutes to get rid of virus then i opened games and BOOM.

Everyting happened in a hour.

11 minutes ago, ElijahDar said:

I may be wrong but LOD Bias is telling the GPU how much AA or AF apply to objects and textures depending on their distance from the screen.

All you have to do to help my research is to download D3D AF Tester (http://www.3dcenter.org/dateien/dateien/d3d-af-tester.zip)

Open it and set The settings like mine (in the screenshot) also try playing with LOD Bias slider and see how it works for you but at the end put it on -8 and click "Start". A windows will open and try to render the tunnel. After it's done click "Stop" and a bmp picture called "mipband" will be generated. open it up and take a screenshot

Okay i will do that tomorrow, but what will this picture tell us , and what is ur picture telling us?

1 minute ago, SpeedUp10 said:

Okay i will do that tomorrow, but what will this picture tell us , and what is ur picture telling us?

i tried negative and positive lod bias with nvidia inspector. It does nothing. You do not need to investigate this thing.

Pokémon Go has crazy bad AA...and Jaggies....   Mentioning that only hurts your credibility.

Please....don't start mentioning iphones or ipads.

24 minutes ago, Karalum said:

i tried negative and positive lod bias with nvidia inspector. It does nothing. You do not need to investigate this thing.

I know. I've tried it too. it's wont fix that way. but here's the weird thing. The clamping is not being applied. Doesn't matter what you put in inspector, It just wont do it's job.

Here's an explanation on all of this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/433c5x/can_someone_explain_lod_bias_texture_filtering/

21 minutes ago, ElijahDar said:

I know. I've tried it too. it's wont fix that way. but here's the weird thing. The clamping is not being applied. Doesn't matter what you put in inspector, It just wont do it's job.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/433c5x/can_someone_explain_lod_bias_texture_filtering/

Its doesnt work because Nvidia put that out u can read that somewhere.

31 minutes ago, ElijahDar said:

to make it work, you need to set Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling : 0x00000008 AA_MODE_REPLAY_MODE_ALL or one of the Sparse Grid Supersampling in NVinspector.

aa.jpg

Guys i really think we wont fix that Issue with changing some settings. I mean we reinstalled the whole SSD/bought new Gpu and other things without succes.. It must be something from outside i belive.

DId everyone read my previous post stating that this, without a doubt, is happening in consoles too?  Swapping out  pc componenents and messing with settings is probably useleless at this point.  ElijahDar is on the right track by investigating the nature of this problem rather than just repeating shit that's already been tried.  We already know what the problem does to the graphics.  We need to figure out exactly what parameters of the graphics it is changing or disabling before we can figure out how it is doing it. I love building PCs but I am anything but pc savvy.  ElijahDar, on the other hand, sounds to me like he knows what he's talking about.

I would like to help but I no longer own a gaming PC because I gave up on it after over a year of having this bullshit and returned my components that were still under warranty to Microcenter and bought a ps4 thinking I wouldn't have to deal with this anymore.  Well, I was wrong, ps4 has it too and it is NOT normal.  I really want to build another PC if this thing ever gets solved or possibly when I move to a new house.

I also want to point out that once you have this issue, it seems as though changing the settings in Nvidia inspector or AMD Catalyst center seem to no longer actually change anything, as if the software that controls the GPU is completely broken.

17 hours ago, SpeedUp10 said:

Well its easy to say, i dont know how ur standard gameplay experience was before this happened but for me it changed like everything , i cant ignore it.

And well I dont see any hope in this thread... because it seems like u all dont take it as serious as u should. We payed so much money for something that doesnt work , i cant take that not if im a student who saved for years his money to finally buy a gaming pc and getting this bullshit.

If you think that don't bother me, you are dead wrong. If you think that makes me happy to have bought a gaming laptop, to get that kind of anomaly 6 months after, you are dead wrong too. But i'm a gamer, and that thing won't stop me to play for crying out loud. I do take that issue seriously, but this topic is starting to go full circle, and sadly i can't help much since i might be the only one active on this topic with a lappy, it's not like i'm gonna buy a new one to figure out it was useless. I'm actually glad Innex is participating in this topic now, since he encountered that problem more than a year ago, and tried like few other people, pretty much everything that could be done.

As for your request ElijahDar, here goes:

mini_194867d3daftest.png

On 17/06/2016 at 7:07 PM, valdyrgramr said:

AA doesn't work well on lower end cards.  A 750ti is not a beastly card at all.  It's a budget GPU.  Even if you set a game to run at ultras doesn't mean the settings apply if the card can't render the graphics that high.  What you are witnessing is the card's capability.

For me the problem appared there under 1 year after the change of my old graphics card (r9 270) by gtx 970.  I tried everything and I found the problem existed also on my  hd Tv and my ps3. I thought at first that the problem was electrical and so I bought a UPS Stabilizer but has nothing changed. I continue to thing that the problem is electrical but I don't know what to do to solve these bad graphics.

30 minutes ago, clement1012 said:

For me the problem appared there under 1 year after the change of my old graphics card (r9 270) by gtx 970.  I tried everything and I found the problem existed also on my  hd Tv and my ps3. I thought at first that the problem was electrical and so I bought a UPS Stabilizer but has nothing changed. I continue to thing that the problem is electrical but I don't know what to do to solve these bad graphics.

Well thats the point, nobody of us actually know, because we have not enough knowledge to make several tests or diagnostics.

Also we dont have enough money to try more things at the same time. U said u tried UPS with integrated Stablilizer but maybe it wasnt the stabilizer we needed because there are diffrent ones.  I dont know if really some1 tried a UPS and the correct Stabilizer. But the fact that i brought my computer to my friends house without a diffrence is not helping this therory. 

On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 6:06 AM, TSRBINO38 said:

have had this problem for well over a year and have posted on the previous linus and NVidia forums concerning this issue and have read every comment on those forums.  My name used to be tsrbino but I had to change it slightly because I got a new email.  I had to sign back up and comment when I found this new forum.  Everyone should read this post carefully because I am going to cover a lot of things to catch everyone up on what all I have tried to fix this without success.  I will try to keep it as short as possible. 

I have built 2 completely new computers with ALL brand new components (excluding the mouse and keyboard).  In one build I used a gtx 970 and in the other I used an older gen AMD card (forgot which one, R9 3**something).  The fact that I built a brand new pc twice with no luck should rule out a lot of things.  I then gave up and bought a ps4.  Guess what, same exact problem. This is very interesting since consoles have very different hardware and OS than computers.  People in forums seem to ignore this important clue that this is also happening on consoles.  A lot of people ignore this I think because they don't use consoles or just think they suck, but this is a big mistake to ignore this I think.

OK read this part very carefully.  I took ps4 to Walmart and exchanged it for a new one as well as a new tv.  I was getting ready to move into a new rental property and wanted to start totally from scratch to see if it would fix this.  I only stayed in this new house for about a week and had to move back to my previous residence due to unforeseen circumstances.  When playing in the new house with the new ps4 the issue seemed to be fixed.  When I moved back to my old house and plugged the new ps4 and tv in the problem was back again.  Here are the two things that were different from each other in the two houses.  The old house (with the problem) has old ungrounded wiring and a fuse box.  The new house had been rewired and had a circuit breaker with switches instead of a fuse box.  The other thing that was different between the two houses were the internet providers and modems.

I have found through searching the internet that people have been having this same issue for many years now.  This is not a new thing but it does seem to be becoming more widespread. 

Could it be something like a virus in modem that embeds itself in hardware and electrical devices and then spreads to other electronics when they come into contact with the infected components.  I'm talking about everything. TVs, PCs, phones.... anything with the capacity to store information.  That sounds completely impossible and impractical. Or could it be something electrical?  Or software related?  I have found MANY forums talking about this and not one has EVER come up with a solution.  Companies and Forum moderators refuse to even acknowledge that there are people talking about this and eventually the forums get hidden and then shut down.  I don't think that it's some kind of conspiracy but rather that most people think that we are full of shit or idiots that don't know what we're talking about.  No one seems to believe in this until they get it themselves. Don't give up. Keep experimenting and looking for answers!

A good experiment would be for someone to change their modem and internet provider to see if that made a difference.  If I had the money to burn I would do exactly that and also buy all new TVs, gaming systems, PC, phones, everything electronic and rewire my house also.  Now that would be some big expensive troubleshooting.  Nothing short of that has produced any answers so far.

This guy already proved that this is something from outside the pc which infect out computers like we all actually think aswell.

Ok, fuck this problem for real. Hear me out. Im going big on this shit now. Ill buy a new phone, new tv and new ps3. No im not trolling at all, the problem is not just bugging me, its causing severe depression. So give me about a week to purchase: 1 sony bravia tv, 1 one plus one and a brand new ps3. Than after 2 weeks ill plug in a brand new pc. (rmaed my old one) 

Ill take screenshots and put all the info in a spreadsheet or some shit. 

21 minutes ago, Zemzemma said:

Ok, fuck this problem for real. Hear me out. Im going big on this shit now. Ill buy a new phone, new tv and new ps3. No im not trolling at all, the problem is not just bugging me, its causing severe depression. So give me about a week to purchase: 1 sony bravia tv, 1 one plus one and a brand new ps3. Than after 2 weeks ill plug in a brand new pc. (rmaed my old one) 

Ill take screenshots and put all the info in a spreadsheet or some shit. 

Well, but many people tried that aswell but I hope the best for u, but like i said ur phone is fine. But before u plug ur Ps3 or Tv/ pc   into ur house u may try it first at ur friend? Also dont connect to ur internet so we can see if its internet related.

12 minutes ago, SpeedUp10 said:

Well, but many people tried that aswell but I hope the best for u, but like i said ur phone is fine. But before u plug ur Ps3 or Tv/ pc   into ur house u may try it first at ur friend? Also dont connect to ur internet so we can see if its internet related.

allright

13 minutes ago, SpeedUp10 said:

yeah, my phone is fine, so ill be crossing that one off my list. But the tv, pc and ps3 can help me finding out about our problem

14 hours ago, ElijahDar said:

Guys, I've been doing a research the past days. The only thing I found that was close to my kind of problem was the LOD Bias stuff. I know this is an old theory and it doesn't make sense why would system mess with the LOD Bias given the fact that changing parts and nuking partitions wont fix it. But for me it's definitely LOD Bias. I suggest you guys try this as well. It wont hurt. just remember to post screen shots of your test. Im gonna start with mine:

Download "D3D AF Tester" and play with LOD Bias (Take it to -8) and post a screenshot. also post your generated mipband. Please help me research this.

Heres Mine:

Capture.PNG

d3d af test.PNG

14 hours ago, ElijahDar said:

Heres Mine:

Capture.PNG

i dont know what u meant with mipmap, but well.... i got this

mipmap.PNG