What Battery Bank Should I Get?

So I've been interested in possibly getting a battery bank in the next couple weeks or so. I'm interested in something from Cheero because of them sponsoring LTT.

From Cheero Specifically the Handy and the Power Plus 3, though I'm not sure about the latter and considering if there might be any risk with it having such a huge battery.

I also need it to be reasonably durable (not like shatter or something if it's dropped from a few feet on any surface).

I should only need to charge one device off it, if need be I might need it to power two phones. (Both Galaxy S6s) Though I'm fairly sure 6,000mAh should be able to keep my S6 charged up for about a day and a half which is probably the most I need.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

So I've been interested in possibly getting a battery bank in the next couple weeks or so. I'm interested in something from Cheero because of them sponsoring LTT.
From Cheero Specifically the Handy and the Power Plus 3, though I'm not sure about the latter and considering if there might be any risk with it having such a huge battery.

I also need it to be reasonably durable (not like shatter or something if it's dropped from a few feet on any surface).

I should only need to charge one device off it, if need be I might need it to power two phones. (Both Galaxy S6s) Though I'm fairly sure 6,000mAh should be able to keep my S6 charged up for about a day and a half which is probably the most I need.

If you don't mind the extra bulk the Power Plus 3 would be a good option if you are charging more than one phone and especially multiple times for it's large capacity not to mention higher amperage charging ports. Another good option is Anker which also makes some great battery banks. 

For any battery bank though don't drop them too much as it can damage the batteries if you were to really crush or smash it. 

The 2 most popular and well regarded ones are from Aukey and Anker.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

If you don't mind the extra bulk the Power Plus 3 would be a good option if you are charging more than one phone and especially multiple times for it's large capacity not to mention higher amperage charging ports. Another good option is Anker which also makes some great battery banks. 

For any battery bank though don't drop them too much as it can damage the batteries if you were to really crush or smash it. 

I've heard of Anker, The extra bulk doesn't bother me too much. 

Of course I know it's not ideal if you drop a battery bank, I just want to be sure that it could handle a drop or two from low heights if it were to happen because it is totally possible.

1 minute ago, Samfisher said:

The 2 most popular and well regarded ones are from Aukey and Anker.

Hmm, well just searching Anker on Amazon it would seem that I can get a similar capacity battery bank for about $10 or so dollars less than the Cheero Power Plus 3.

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Hmm, well just searching Anker on Amazon it would seem that I can get a similar capacity battery bank for about $10 or so dollars less than the Cheero Power Plus 3.

Just remember that power banks are still subject to conversion efficiency loss.  One will typically only provide you 60-70% of it's capacity as available power.  So plan accordingly so you don't suddenly have a depleted power bank in the middle of nowhere.  The newer Anker/Aukey ones also have QuickCharge charging both ways, which means it quickcharges phones that are compatible, but you can also charge the power bank with QuickCharge!

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

3 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I've heard of Anker, The extra bulk doesn't bother me too much. 

Of course I know it's not ideal if you drop a battery bank, I just want to be sure that it could handle a drop or two from low heights if it were to happen because it is totally possible.

Like any device it can take some tumbles without issue as long as the casing itself doesn't get too damaged or dinged up. 

1 minute ago, Samfisher said:

Just remember that power banks are still subject to conversion efficiency loss.  One will typically only provide you 60-70% of it's capacity as available power.

Yup aware that rated mAh might not be totally accurate and how much use you can actually get off the power bank.

Just to mention cheero has a tough edition with a casing which would be better for drops and water/dust resistance, the thing is it has only one USB output:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RC652ZI/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00RC652ZI&linkCode=as2&tag=chus04-20&linkId=UBQVC3RU4RV32IWO

You @wcreek could try this battery bank. It's called AMPY! http://www.getampy.com/

Ampy actually charges through your movements. Put it in your pocket, strap it to your let or arm and as you move ampy charges. Pretty cool idea. IDK how much you walk around or how often your are by an outlet, if you aren't by one a lot then this could be an option. If you are an active person, you run, bike or something then this might work for yea so you can have it anywhere you go and charge it as you move.

Otherwise buy a large bank.