What is the most annoying thing about Apple for you?

Mr.Twabfish
1 hour ago, AyeJayKay said:

The S5 was notorious for having a bad fingerprint sensor. Okay, wasn't bad but was annoying. the S6 and S7 is much much improved. 

Works really well now. When I first got it, it took me a few attempts, but was still perfectly usable

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

I don't like Apple's design decisions, for example their iPhone is thin and fragile with a camera bump, and the macbook pro only has 2 USB ports. Also finder on OSX is a pain to use compared to windows. I also don't like IOS in general.
Also, the products are too expensive for what you get, but their laptops are really durable.

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

Apple IPhone is really good, but there's couple things I don't like it: No battery replacement, SD Card, and expensive. Apple charge you double the price when it come to storage such as going from 16GB to 32GB. Storage aren't that expensive, so I don't know why Apple make the price so high. 

price

proprietary crap everywhere.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

A thing I hate about Apple is the god damn prices.

They are just going to keep rising and rising, to the point where no one will buy it.

Such as the 6S, is like $1500 for 128GB, and when the 7 comes out it will be more expensive, 8 comes out more expensive yet again and so on. One day they are going to be a ridiculous price.

9 hours ago, Fgtfv567 said:

Yeah, Apple's been making a lot of REALLY SHIT design choices lately. I'm convinced they're smoking the same thing Snapchat is! Remember the iPhone battery case? At first I agreed with the masses in how dreadful it looked (indifferent about it now). But that pales in comparison with some of the other crazy shit. 1 USB type-C on the Macbook, hell at least HP, HP of all people, was smart enough to pack 3 of them and include adapters in the box!! Putting the charging port ON THE BOTTOM of the magic mouse 2. And also having the Pencil stick straight out of the iPad while charging. I mean, unless you're going to have the Pencil stick out (the same way your wallet sticks out a white flag) of your bag, it's going to be really difficult to carry it around.

Actually, you never hear about the female-to-female lightning adapter you get with the pencil. You can charge it using a regular lightning cable, doesn't have to stick out of the iPad.

Though, while they do nice things like that, it doesn't mean any other complaint about them is false. Just means they're at least slightly aware of some of the ridiculous things they do.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

i'd honestly prefer apple over android if i had the option of getting one jailbroken out the box, or having "jailbreak" be an official apple thing.

i mean, if apple truly cared about their userbase and dont have a walled garden of barbwire, they could have spun a marketing spin at it and say "join the community effort program for free, and share your passion for apple devices" whilst basicly just having their own thing of what cydia does for me. i'd be all over apple devices.

but i honestly dont wanna go trough the effort of jailbreaking, making sure it doesnt lock up from trying to do an update, making sure my device doesnt run out of battery because tethered jailbreaks and so on. so for me an android device allows me to configure everything i want, do so cheaper, do so more "repairable" and have me not pay 3 frikkin dollars for a flashlight app.

Stupid things like pushing retarded standards and solutions, yet still setting trends, and manufacturers following them more or less(thinner phones, less ports, and most infuriating the "no headphone jack" rumors)

Apart from that I give kudos where its deserved and they do make a lot of awesome things in one way or the other.(pushing fingerprint sensor to be mainstream, consistent long term updates)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

I remember when i got my iphone 2 years ago i couldn't make an apple id because i live in Finland and (at the time) FOR SOME F***ING RETARDED CODE i didnt get the option to not give apple my billing information. So i had to use my moms account -.- (that was created when this bug didnt exist)

Later i found out that i could slap a random USA address in there to make it give the option. But it is fixed now. Screenshots from apple support. (they didnt quite get it...but i didnt explain well enough. oh well)

image.png

image.jpeg

The thing I hate most is the people who buy Apple products thinking they are the best because it was made by Apple and they think you are stupid when you don't own an Apple product.

I love Apple, I love them so very much. I own one of everything from their lines (MacBook Pro, iPhone 6+, iPad Air). I love iOS and MacOS, but damnit I hate their emphasis on mobile devices. Hey, Apple, mobile devices don't run the world. Update your computers more than once every millennium please.

Apple, give Skylake... Please... Soon?... ... Maybe?...

PC Fleet:

Athena: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.8GHz/MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon/16 GB RAM/ASUS Strix Geforce GTX 1070/Corsair HX850i PSU/1.85 TB Total Storage Space/NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/Windows 10

Solindra: Parted out/given away

Hot-Box HTPC: Intel Core i5-4690k @ 3.5GHz/MSI Z97 Gaming 5/16 GB RAM/1TB HDD/Geforce GTX 980/EVGA 500W PSU/Silverstone Grandia GD09B/Windows 10

23 minutes ago, redrobin said:

I love Apple, I love them so very much. I own one of everything from their lines (MacBook Pro, iPhone 6+, iPad Air). I love iOS and MacOS, but damnit I hate their emphasis on mobile devices. Hey, Apple, mobile devices don't run the world. Update your computers more than once every millennium please.

What do you love about them?

On 4/29/2016 at 6:47 PM, Dash Lambda said:

What do you love about them?

there is only one thing you can love and that is the way they look 

4 minutes ago, manlykeweaver465 said:

there is only one thing you can love and that is the way they look 

I love the way they're put together.

Not necessarily the method, but the form. They're one of the few companies that design products to look good when you take them apart.

... Unfortunately, they're also the leader in discouraging people from taking apart their devices. Their own devices. That they bought with their own money.

My mind snapped back to hating them again.

On 4/29/2016 at 6:58 PM, Dash Lambda said:

Not necessarily the method, but the form. They're one of the few companies that design products to look good when you take them apart.

... Unfortunately, they're also the leader in discouraging people from taking apart their devices. Their own devices. That they bought with their own money.

yeah i agree, i was going to get a macbook but i realised (thank god XD) that they are a rip off and then decided to save up for a good pc 

Apple's proprietary approach. It's the same one could say about nvidia's policy though. Now they have lost the proprietary hardware part mostly, but you still can't code anything to customize most things because they aren't sharing their work (like someone cares). That behavior is anti - consumers and should be eradicated from all those big companies who are doing that.

Furthermore it's untechy, as it doesn't allow exterior people to develop any technology or any compatibility.

The apple store being staffed almost exclusively with smug millennial hipsters who are far too informal for their own good. 

That it is too expensive. I want a mac! but I can't afford one. 

Intel core I5 4460, Gigabyte H97M-HD3, Gigabyte gtx 760, 8 GB corsair value ram, Thermaltake core v21, Thermaltake Smart 630W PSU

Alcatel OneTouch D5... IT WORKS!!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BxMjTW  

On 4/29/2016 at 10:24 AM, redrobin said:

Skylake's on the Macbook refresh

On 4/29/2016 at 10:58 AM, Dash Lambda said:

Sure ifixit hates them as much as you do

4 hours ago, Mantayd17 said:

The fact they still sell the HDD-stock, Ivy Bridge-powered, SuperDrive equipped, non-retina MacBook "Pro" from 2012. That's beyond me literally.

It's because Apple's too focused on the iPad, iPhone, and Watch 2 than to update the Macs

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

8 hours ago, Fgtfv567 said:

Skylake's on the Macbook refresh

Sure ifixit hates them as much as you do

It's because Apple's too focused on the iPad, iPhone, and Watch 2 than to update the Macs

I'm sure iFixit hates Apple as a matter of principle, but at the same time, iFixit has a lot of specialized tools that they can sell specifically because of Apple.

On 29 April 2016 at 10:57 AM, Fgtfv567 said:

And also having the Pencil stick straight out of the iPad while charging. I mean, unless you're going to have the Pencil stick out (the same way your wallet sticks out a white flag) of your bag, it's going to be really difficult to carry it around.

I see Apple get a lot of flak for this, but I have tried this and find nothing wrong with it. In fact, that is my one and only way of charging my Apple Pencil. 

No one is asking to charge your pencil inside your bag. I do it like this every couple of days, and it's worked well for me so far. It's an elegant solution to an inelegant problem and I can see why Apple chose to implement it the way they did. 

image.jpeg

The monitors have a 200hz refresh rate, but because the R9 graphics can't handle that many frames, it's really not for gaming if you don't have a Mac Pro or Power Mac.

15 minutes ago, Mantayd17 said:

Wat.

First, they're all 60 Hz, from MacBook Air's TN up to MacBook Pro and iMac 5K.

Power Mac have PowerPC processors and the last known to be produced was in 2006.

So if we really have to circlejerk for upvotes, at least get some facts right.

Okay, edit; The Graphics can't keep up with 5K.