Dell revealed the P4317Q - a 43" 4K monitor in Taiwan

snowComet

Today (18/4) Dell hold a press event in Taiwan, which showed some of their new products that would be launched this year, like the Latitude 13 7000 and Latitude 12 7000. But the most surprising one is the P4317Q.

mobile01-424fc9a3d05605b77f257955e5f1339

P4317Q (the monitor on the table)

Image Credit: Mobile01

Dell7_f_FB.jpg

Image Credit: Engadget (Traditional Chinese)

As the name suggested, this is a 43" monitor. Not many details about this monitor were revealed. According to the news articles from Engadget (Traditional Chinese) and Taiwan tech site Mobile01, the P4317Q is a 4K monitor, with 2 HDMI (MHL) ports、 one mini DP port、one DisplayPort port、a 3.5mm audio jack,a 3 port USB3.0 hub. Other info like panel type, refresh rate, and color support: is still unknown at this point. Since this monitor is under the "P" series, this monitor won't have the same color accuracy and color support  as the Ultrasharp series monitors.

mobile01-6027de50b5f52dc9d91ea72f3544a43

mobile01-9c3b7ea459549127d2dc473a5e1f908

Those articles also reported that this monitor will be launched in Taiwan in May, while pricing and international availability is still TBA. 

http://www.mobile01.com/newsdetail.php?id=18464 (in Chinese)

http://chinese.engadget.com/2016/04/18/dell-43-in-4k-monitor-p4317q/ (in Chinese)

So, basically a TV xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

So, basically a TV xD 

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

1 minute ago, awesomeness10120 said:

If it has DP 1.3, then I would definitely recommend it.

Why?  Have you already got your hands on one and tried it out?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Well I guess it should look about as good as a 21.5" 1080p monitor

Wendell is gonna have a hard on when he sees this.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I may be blind but that doesn't seem like 43'', not even close. My 37'' TV seems bigger than that.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

7 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

I may be blind but that doesn't seem like 43'', not even close. My 37'' TV seems bigger than that.

By my measurements of that second image, the TV monitor is 2.64 times larger than the laptop screen, so if that laptop is 15.6", the TV (god damn it I did it again) monitor is right on what they say it is.

56 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Why?  Have you already got your hands on one and tried it out?

No, I just can't get it because:

1. I can't afford it

2. I can't play games at 4K

I recommend it because on paper it looks good. 40 inch 4K=no weird scaling issues.

Just now, awesomeness10120 said:

No, I just can't get it because:

1. I can't afford it

2. I can't play games at 4K

I recommend it because on paper it looks good. 40 inch 4K=no weird scaling issues.

xD ok then.  Well, I just have to say lots of things look on paper but then... you know ;)

1 minute ago, Glenwing said:

No, it's a large monitor :) TVs aren't just big monitors:P

This. 

Now,  if they just make a 60" monitor, I can replace my TV. 

2 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

No, it's a large monitor :) TVs aren't just big monitors:P

I know ;)  Honestly I'd rather have a huge computer monitor for a TV than a TV for a computer monitor anyway, so this actually seems pretty cool.  I just would never have such a thing as my actual desk monitor :D

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

xD ok then.  Well, I just have to say lots of things look on paper but then... you know ;)

Yeah, I know.;)  On paper is not the same as the actual thing.

So its basically a TV, without all the TV bullshit?

Me want 

We've now got three different subjects going on, an Asian fox and motorbike fetish, two guys talking about Norway invasions and then some other people talking about body building... This thread is turning into a free for all fetish infested Norwegian circle jerk.