Why no VR forum?

CostcoSamples
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

There are just over 600 results when searching for VR, "virtual reality", oculus, vive or rift in topic titles. Obviously that will have missed some topics, but that should give you a rough idea of how many there are out there. On the other hand, there are 13k results for CPU or Processor in topic titles only, 5k results for steam, origin or uplay, and 20k topics in the Star Citizen subforum. At the moment, there is quite simply not enough content.

For the time being, peripherals is the correct place to post VR topics. If the time comes when there is enough VR content to justify having its own subforum, it can be added, but for now it's not happening.

There are just over 600 results when searching for VR, "virtual reality", oculus, vive or rift in topic titles. Obviously that will have missed some topics, but that should give you a rough idea of how many there are out there. On the other hand, there are 13k results for CPU or Processor in topic titles only, 5k results for steam, origin or uplay, and 20k topics in the Star Citizen subforum. At the moment, there is quite simply not enough content.

For the time being, peripherals is the correct place to post VR topics. If the time comes when there is enough VR content to justify having its own subforum, it can be added, but for now it's not happening.

HTTP/2 203

5 hours ago, UnknownSentientBeing said:

Really? No one I knows cares that much and neither do I. VR is one of those things that just might be cool in 50 years but for now is really just neat for cockpit environments mainly due to the lackluster amount of content rich games for it. When there are vr games with better quality that ios which arent just sims maybe theyll be more mainstream, but even then, the controls just dont cut it.

You might be surprised!  Test it out if you get an opportunity.  They've come a LONG way from the dev kits.

Right now the biggest problem seems to be manufacturing!  I pre-ordered Oculus late on the first day and won't get it until July!  Oh well, no money right now anyway  =)

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

There are just over 600 results when searching for VR, "virtual reality", oculus, vive or rift in topic titles. Obviously that will have missed some topics, but that should give you a rough idea of how many there are out there. On the other hand, there are 13k results for CPU or Processor in topic titles only, 5k results for steam, origin or uplay, and 20k topics in the Star Citizen subforum. At the moment, there is quote simply not enough content.

Fair enough, thanks for the detailed response!

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build