World Of Warcraft Newbie here :(

OriginalGamer

Hey guys i want to start playing WoW, but don't know how to start. How much is the subscription per month/s, do I need every expansions, if not which do you recommend. I play a lot of MMO's like Aion, Runes of Magic, DC universe, LOTRO and more, but have yet to play WoW. Any recommendations on classes too and any input towards the game in general.

thank you :)

Oh, and no hating or flaming about the game. Just help me out pl0x!

Idk the price (Google), but you could Torrent it and buy it if you like it/figure out how to kill someone. lol i'm so bad at wow..

I do not play WoW, and haven't played it a year or so after it's launch when it was becoming massively popular. I played for a couple months then just quit and have never looked back.

I'd stay away from WoW personally. It has been on a downward trend in population and popularity over the past couple years.

With each expansion they appear to change the entire game and how it's played which is good and bad as all things your used to get thrown out the window in order for the developers to keep everything fresh.

On top of that it appears you need to complete the expansions in order, so if you like the content added from the newest but not one of the earlier ones you still have to get it and play through. At least that's what I can tell from quickly looking into it, perphaps a WoW player could elaborate a little.

If you want to play using the latest content you need to purchase ALL of the expansions and the original game.

It costs $15 a month subscription fee.

However they do have a free trial based thing where you can level up to 20 for free, once you hit that you must pay for a subscription to go further.

My honest recommendation would be to check out and play a good private server, not just because it's free (most of them are) but because you can find ones with high multipliers for exp such as 100x or 1000x exp. While it's not the same as the full grind you will get to experience what the game has to offer and decide if its worth your investment. If you reach a high level and feel the game is great then pick up all the expansions and a subscription to the actual game and enjoy.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

WoW is alright, I don't play it anymore because of its monthly fee but it is alright. I play a lot of Allods and StarWars since they are free and I get just as much enjoyment out of them.

Anyway, I think the monthly fee is 12 dollars for WoW, yes you need all expansions if you want to play seriously, but you can download and play for free up to a certain level so try that first.

Hey guys i want to start playing WoW' date=' but don't know how to start. How much is the subscription per month/s, do I need every expansions, if not which do you recommend. I play a lot of MMO's like Aion, Runes of Magic, DC universe, LOTRO and more, but have yet to play WoW. Any recommendations on classes too and any input towards the game in general. thank you :) Oh, and no hating or flaming about the game. Just help me out pl0x! [/quote']

You are an mmorpg vet so really if you liked Runes of Magic then you will like WOW. It is better than Runes of Magic but has the same look and feel. As for starting right now with WOW well it would be nice if they had classic servers / hardcore servers where you could play content at the appropriate level and with the gear you were meant to have when you enter different levels of content but nope Blizzard hasn't done this. I would say play WOW if you think it is going to be fun for you despite the fact you won't get to enjoy old content the way it was meant to be enjoyed. If you are a quick to learn player with these type of games then going to WOW will be an enjoyable experience most likely and it won't take you long to get into the new content.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

sadly I got pulled back into this game again.

I'm really hoping for a new MMO paradigm. I'm done with questing I'm done with rep systems, I'm done with dailies, I'm done with addons breaking every patch. I don't want another time sink PVE treadmill.

that said send me a pm I can send you a recruit a friend pass

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/recruit-a-friend-faq#q4

during christmas the expansion packs went on a big sale keep your eyes peeled for the big sales to occur.

sadly I got pulled back into this game again.

I'm really hoping for a new MMO paradigm. I'm done with questing I'm done with rep systems, I'm done with dailies, I'm done with addons breaking every patch. I don't want another time sink PVE treadmill.

that said send me a pm I can send you a recruit a friend pass

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/recruit-a-friend-faq#q4

during christmas the expansion packs went on a big sale keep your eyes peeled for the big sales to occur.

Actually now i'm torn. Either get WoW and pay for 3 or 5 expansions plus Subscription, or just make a one time purchase and buy Guild Wars 2. So far that game has gotten great reviews, and the PvP looks great on it.

You can get the Battlechest for $11 on Amazon right now. Comes with Vanilla WoW, and first 2 expansions. Then Cataclysm is $18, and Mists of Pandaria is $30. $60 for that much content is a pretty big value, especially if you've never played before.

Subscription is $15 a month. I've been pretty much actively subscribed since December of 2004. Quit for awhile at the end of Cataclysm, but overall no regrets.

Mists of Pandaria is the best the game has been since Burning Crusade(First expansion). And in my opinion, is the best the game has been overall. Too many people look back on vanilla with rose tinted glasses.

The game is still running strong...don't let burnt out naysayers tell you otherwise. Sure, they're not up to their peak of 12 million subs. But the fact that they still are hanging on to around 10 million after 8.5 years shows the type of game WoW is. It'll be a long ass time before another MMO hits those kind of numbers...let alone one with a subscription model. Most are going free to play these days.

If you're not entirely sure about it, get the Starter Edition. Lets you play indefinably capped at level 20. You'll have a few restrictions...can't use the auction house or trade with players. And can't use General Chat channels. (Both to cut down on spammers and gold sellers). But it might give you an idea if you'll even enjoy the game enough to warrant spending the money.

Couple of your questions I didn't answer...

You can get by just with the Battlechest for now if you want. It will give you the first 2 expansions, so you can level up to 80. You'll get access to all the Vanilla classes and races, as well as Blood Elf and Draenai races from Burning Crusade. And Deathknight Hero class from Wrath of the Lich King(You have to have a level 55 or higher of any other class to unlock Deathknights, because they start at level 55). As far as professions go, you'll get everything except Archaeology.

Adding Cataclysm will give you access to the Worgen and Goblin races. As well as Archaeology profession. And level cap of 85

And Mists of Pandaria will give you Pandas(They're cooler then they sound) and the Monk class. And level cap of 90.

Summary and rundown of the classes. Really just depends on your playstyle. With exception to the Rogue(awesome class, just not my thing), i've played them all. And they're all fun in their own way.

If you do play, just take your time and enjoy it. Smell the roses. I wish I could go back and re-experience the game for the first time again. As much as i've enjoyed it since, the magic of playing it the first time will never be the same.

Couple of your questions I didn't answer...

You can get by just with the Battlechest for now if you want. It will give you the first 2 expansions, so you can level up to 80. You'll get access to all the Vanilla classes and races, as well as Blood Elf and Draenai races from Burning Crusade. And Deathknight Hero class from Wrath of the Lich King(You have to have a level 55 or higher of any other class to unlock Deathknights, because they start at level 55). As far as professions go, you'll get everything except Archaeology.

Adding Cataclysm will give you access to the Worgen and Goblin races. As well as Archaeology profession. And level cap of 85

And Mists of Pandaria will give you Pandas(They're cooler then they sound) and the Monk class. And level cap of 90.

Summary and rundown of the classes. Really just depends on your playstyle. With exception to the Rogue(awesome class, just not my thing), i've played them all. And they're all fun in their own way.

If you do play, just take your time and enjoy it. Smell the roses. I wish I could go back and re-experience the game for the first time again. As much as i've enjoyed it since, the magic of playing it the first time will never be the same.

Really appreciate you replying and answering my questions to the best of your ability. Yea pretty much you helped me loads. Really looking forward to playing it, just not right now. Will wait till summer break from uni to get a better experience :) Ill go ahead and acquire the battlechest.