Headphone recommendation? -Details Inside

NinjaStyle013

Funny you say that because I'm looking at the ATH-750 headset and it looks epic and I'm hoping its gunna sound the same.

Guys honestly waive the surround crap, focus on good bassy headphones that look nice at 80 bucks.

you are watching this m50s picture : 

1096199.jpg

reality:

audio-technica-ath-750com-usb-stereo-hea

you are watching this m50s picture :

1096199.jpg

reality:

audio-technica-ath-750com-usb-stereo-hea

Goddamn it I knew it would be the damn M50 why is nothing ever clear cut with tech...

EDIT: Once I came back to them, they look pretty good...

An easier way to search on pricespy is to limit budget to 100 and just have good brands. Don't bother with any stereo or surround options.

Goddamn it I knew it would be the damn M50 why is nothing ever clear cut with tech...

EDIT: Once I came back to them, they look pretty good...

An easier way to search on pricespy is to limit budget to 100 and just have good brands. Don't bother with any stereo or surround options.

EDIT: For 99$ you get Steelseries v2. Its worth it :)

http://pricespy.co.nz/product.php?p=503253

Just find a nice pair of stereo headphones. I find the virtual 7.1 to be a bit gimmicky.

Holy cow, Audio Technica prices have gone UP.

I was gonna come in and recommend the ATH-M50's as they were in the $65usd (i think about 80nzd) range. But damn they went up 80 bucks since I last looked at them (last december or so).

Holy cow, Audio Technica prices have gone UP.

I was gonna come in and recommend the ATH-M50's as they were in the $65usd (i think about 80nzd) range. But damn they went up 80 bucks since I last looked at them (last december or so).

wat O-O they are like 150 dollars

wat O-O they are like 150 dollars

I know. I ended up getting the AD 700's last December, they were only 95 bucks shipped from amazon prime. Now they're like 150 as well.

That's a headset... Is the audio quality still good?

For the money? Not really, because it colors the sound a bit, and it may sound off. But its OK.

Its comfy, good surround, good construction, looks good and it has a mic. 

I urge you to check near hardware and audio stores for headphones if there are any in your town or whatever.

For the money? Not really, because it colors the sound a bit, and it may sound off. But its OK.

Its comfy, good surround, good construction, looks good and it has a mic. 

I urge you to check near hardware and audio stores for headphones if there are any in your town or whatever.

So out of this list:

http://pricespy.co.nz/category.php?o=lokal_rank&l=s141475364#rparams=l=s141475405

The Siberia is best? The sennheiser 419 looks good and there's so many there. I just don't know... The Siberian do look really good.

For this price its best to go for a gaming headset, any good audiophile headphones will look like crap and won't sound too much better than a gaming one.

Steel series siberia or razer electra should do the trick. I've personally owned almost all razer headphones and I don't think they are too bad, sound great actually.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

For this price its best to go for a gaming headset, any good audiophile headphones will look like crap and won't sound too much better than a gaming one.

Steel series siberia or razer electra should do the trick. I've personally owned almost all razer headphones and I don't think they are too bad, sound great actually.

I wish that the Siberia didn't have those big head bands things (unless those sit snug with your head?) and Razer wasn't so flashy with its green... The Siberia is looking like a good option or maybe the ATH 750COM idk...

I wish that the Siberia didn't have those big head bands things (unless those sit snug with your head?) and Razer wasn't so flashy with its green... The Siberia is looking like a good option or maybe the ATH 750COM idk...

from the two i would pick siberia

from the two i would pick siberia

Here's some headphones I like the look of.

ATH-RE70

ATH-AD500

Razer Kraken (Black not green)

HD 202-II (don't really enjoy the look)

Siberia v2

I like the ATHs and the Kraken because they look good and hopefully will sound good. I like more the Razer for its microphone obviously.

The Siberia is really expensive and idk if its worth it. In terms of quality, anything that will beat my Smile Jamaica in ears is perfect. Lots of bass is good.

ATH-RE70

ATH-AD500

Siberia v2

I like the ATHs and the Kraken because they look good and hopefully will sound good. I like more the Razer for its microphone obviously.

The Siberia is really expensive and idk if its worth it. In terms of quality, anything that will beat my Smile Jamaica in ears is perfect. Lots of bass is good.

ATH-AD500 gets my vote - it'll be really comfy too.

ATH-AD500 gets my vote - it'll be really comfy too.

My issue is do they fire sound to everyone else and the price it's 100 dollars... The kraken turns out to have no mic so that's a big hit for that, the ath re70s apparently don't have super deep bass but they do look really nice, I just don't know.

My issue is do they fire sound to everyone else and the price it's 100 dollars... The kraken turns out to have no mic so that's a big hit for that, the ath re70s apparently don't have super deep bass but they do look really nice, I just don't know.

Oh, they're only $60 in the US - might not be worth it for $100.....

ATH-RE70

ATH-AD500

Siberia v2

The big head bandy thing for the audiotechnica and steel series is prob the most comfortable thing you'll ever wear. The feeling of putting it on your head and it fits perfectly, no need for adjusting.

The audio technica air series are an acquired taste, they are exremely airy and light on bass. They are for listeners of maybe like classical? I guess if you're not a huge buff on this audiophile thing you should get the siberias. especially if you just game and listen to music casually.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

The big head bandy thing for the audiotechnica and steel series is prob the most comfortable thing you'll ever wear. The feeling of putting it on your head and it fits perfectly, no need for adjusting.

The audio technica air series are an acquired taste, they are exremely airy and light on bass. They are for listeners of maybe like classical? I guess if you're not a huge buff on this audiophile thing you should get the siberias. especially if you just game and listen to music casually.

I agree, self-adjusting headbands like these are the shiz-it.

I have heard mixed reviews on the bass of the ATH-ADxxx series - some say the "no bass"  is people exaggerating and/or using high-output-impedance soundcards (will wreak havoc on bass response). The V2's I've had in the past were pretty good for a headset but I've come to understand that they are a mixed bag.

I do enjoy a lot of bass and I am an auditory person it's how I tend to learn and understand things. I listen to a lot of heavy bass electronic music and also pretty much anything with good bass in it.

If there's a styling I would like the most it's definitely the classic look. Brown is also a cool colour followed by white.

I enjoy listening to bassy music & I enjoy the classic look of headphones. If you're able to tick those boxes for under $80 dollars ill be pretty damn happy.

If not then it might just be Siberias...