Can't decide which GTX 980 Ti to pick up

Hello everyone, I'm new here and have a question.

I am building a new PC and want to pick one of the 980 Ti-s. Main problem is, can't decide really what's the difference between them.

Right now I'm thinking to get the EVGA Hybrid but I don't know if it will be a problem to SLI it inside the Corsair 760T case.

What do you think guys? If money wasn't an issue for this GPU, which one of the 980Ti-s is the best to get right now?

And for this one (Hybrid) - did anyone had issues with SLIing it in a full tower case? (It has its own external fan)

Here is a secret - ALL gtx 980Ti are good, there is no "bad" one.

If you measure the case and the space you have, there shouldn;t be any SLI problems.

1 minute ago, WarWeeny said:

Here is a secret - ALL gtx 980Ti are good, there is no "bad" one.

If you measure the case and the space you have, there shouldn;t be any SLI problems.

Of course, but still they're not the same. So if I'm already investing a lot of money into this rig I want it to be as efficient as it gets. Right now I am thinking about getting the Hybrid because it's all-in-one watercooled GPU so much less time and effort later on if needs to be cooled.

Just now, maayan.lab said:

What about 3?

Haha, go big or go home, amirite?

Should fit (1 rear, 1 front, 1 top, you'll even get I 4th one in if you tried, i'd think)

Although 3 cards, why do you want that XD?

Check out the Matrix too if you're into overclocking, it runs really cool & quiet on air and overclocks like a champ, comes with Samsung memory as well, which tends to overclock further than Hynix. 

If it's available where you are and money isn't a big issue, I'd recommend it. (It's around the same price as the Hybrid anyways)

It's supposed to be around $709, but seems like Newegg doesn't have it in stock, ( a third party retailer does though, but they're trying to charge $1200....) 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Definitely go with the EVGA 980ti Hybrid. Only gotten good feedback from customers who've gotten it and EVGA tend to know their stuff. 

If it needs to be hybrid then EVGA. Air I would go with Gigabyte Windforce, preferably G1 or Xtreme if you have the extra bucks.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X PBO GPU: Asus Strix RTX 3090 OC Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz CL17

CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i Capillex Storage: Samsung 980 Pro and 970 Evo 1TB Samsung 860 EVO 1TB Crucial MX300 525GB WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX1000 Case: Corsair 500D SE RGB 6x LL120

I'd go with the Evga hybrid! because I have one and it's amazing. 

as for worrying about sli.. I thought about this as I'm planning it. and unsure if the hoses will stretch enough in my air 540.

i came up with 3 ideas:

1: mount the top card rad at the top back of the case, replacing the fan that normally exhausts cpu air.. (mines got an aio so not needed) 

2: try and stretch it so it fits in the top front fan mount effectively making a 240mm rad as its above the other card. 

3: bodge it so it's a super radiator separated by fans. so have a 120mm fan, then a rad, then another 120mm fan then the other rad followed by another 120mm fan. 

it will mean the second card will run a little hotter as the air passing over its rad is already warmed from the 1st card, but if you get the air moving fast enough I doubt it will be a substantial increase. even if it was by 10-15c it would still run in the 70c range when overclocked and at full speed. 

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb