Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I don't currently have and ssd in my system because I prioritized things like a better CPU. Plus, with the drastic increase of boot times, every self-respecting PC builder should have an ssd

I would love to win one of these so I can finally upgrade my fiance's desktop from a standard mechanical drive to a blazing fast ssd. I believe everyone should have an ssd because the boot times on older storage media is terrible in comparison to most ssds even more budget friendly options help out a lot. No one should have to wait so long just for their pc to boot or load a simple file.

I have no SSD and winning this would help me toward building a better computer and trying to make my computer now a lot better!

I would use the new SSD to up grade from older & slower SSD.

I have just normal hard drives and I am on the fence about getting a SSD. I know that they are fast but I do not know if they are totally worth it(Because of the lifetime expediency), I was thinking about getting a hybrid hard drive for the best worlds. I am planing to actually do multiply upgrades to my system in the next two months and this would be a nice upgrade for it.

I would like a new SSD because they are very crunchy and taste better than hard drives in my opinion. 

Because for the past 3 years i've been booting my PC from a crappy 120g HDD. tanx

Once I bought a computer with an SSD, I realized how fast the speeds were, and that is my sole reason for recommending SSDs and buying SSDs. They are nice and small but are super fast which is amazing for performance. I hate using computers without SSDs.

I would love to put my OS on the SSD to get super fast performance.

I am currently using two 2.5 HDD's in my system from a dead laptop and would like to upgrade those to SSD's

Why? because they have better response time than the HDD counterpart, are less electrically demanding (albeit not much comparatively), better in space saving and this applies to all systems.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Everyone should have an ssd, i have had like 30 hard drive and they have all one by one crapped out on me given enough time, just slowly starts crashing and goes on from there, besides, their access speeds are SLOW compared to ssd's, sure an ssd is more costly but WHO CARES, speedy gonzales is the way to go!!!

You know the dolar is going Up very fast in my country, anyway, i do not have any SSD but i´ve seen how fast a system can become if you install your OS and any game or aplication you want on it.

3 reasons everyone should have an SSD

1: Having a SSD as your boot drive will make you have much faster boot times.

2: Loading times, those "next-gen" games that have ridiculous loading times, (cough.. BF4...) will be reduced because of the super fast speeds of a SSD.

3: Less Likely to fail. With a Solid State Drive you no longer have the physical limitations that a standard mechanical drive would have, plus failure the of mechanical parts in HDD's no longer exists.

I currently have a 500GB HDD as my primary drive and would love to upgrade to a new SSD drive.

i need a new SSD for my girlfriends laptop, because gosh the boot time on that thing is horrendous 

Pellet Stove

Spoiler

CPU - I7 6700k l CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 l GPU - MSI GTX 1080 Gaming Z l Mobo - MSI Gaming Pro Carbon l RAM - 16GB @ 2666 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 l PSU - Corsair RM850i l SSD - Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | HDD - Toshiba 2TB | Case - Cooler Master HAF XB EVO W/ LTT Noctua NF-F12s l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse - Azio Levetron GM2000 l KeyBoard - Corsair K95 RGB l

Would love this for a boot drive for my new photo/video editing PC!

I just finished building my first ever PC and i do not currently have an SSD in it and i would love one. I would use it as my boot drive and would be great for loading my games faster. I also have never had an ssd in any system i have had (which is 1, the one i am typing this on) so getting to see ssd speed in first hand would be awesome.

I would like a new solid state drive because I did not have the money for one in my original $800 budget, and because they offer much faster loading times and better boot times for systems in general. Hard Drives are slowly going obsolete and I would like to keep up with the electronics race.

Because i don't have a ssd yet, so i want this one :D

People should always put an SSD in their system, it literally triples the usage speed, my PC boots in less that ten seconds to desktop thanks to the SSD.

I want a new SSD so I could upgrade Either my Desktop or my Laptop both of which are running mechanical HDDs that I was not able to upgrade to SSDs during the holidays because I'm currently not working and a little short on $$$. Everyone should have an SSD because it will help make their systems boot quicker, especially now with windows 8 and 10 booting so quickly a mechanical drive just slows it down.

I just have a Crucial m4 120gb SSD and I would really appreciate an upgrade after the last 3-4 years. SSDs help in many situations, on the toilet when trying to download/ upload videos (for those off days), to load games in reasonable speed, to load anything in a reasonable speed, to upload anything in a slightly better maybe speed, and to just have an overall more enjoyable computer experience.

I have a MacBook Pro and after some drops hard drive is kinda wonky right now. I would love to put an SSD in it. SSD are the way to go cause they offer great protection. 

I want this ssd because my current hard drive is slow and is making a very concerning noise making my pc sound like a fish tank. o yea and ssds are great